Having problems with HDFC Bank?

+91 226 160 6161 (Head Office)
+91 796 160 6161 (Ahmedabad)
+91 806 160 6161 (Bangalore)
+91 172 160 6161 (Chandigarh)
+91 116 160 6161 (Delhi & NCR)
+91 406 160 6161 (Hyderabad)
1st Floor, C.S. № 6/242, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel
Mumbai
India - 400013

Complaints & Reviews

bad service!

I purchased the cbz extreme from millennium motors pvt. Ltd. , 139/26, domlur 2nd stage, bangalore - 71 with...

credit card statement

Hi

I have HDFC Bank credit card for a long time. I requested to customer care to sent monthly Credit Card statement thru email as mostly I remain in traveling from 1 place to another. but I never received the statement thru email nor thru local post. They always try to take late fee on this A/c.

Now I m thinking about to take some legal step to sort out this matter.

vineet bhagat Nov 18, 2007

Your right as I have faced the same problem many times... they send people to collect money and dont send bills on time...

• Ku
    KUMAR Tarkeshwar Nov 27, 2007

This is smart.

• Ku
    KUMAR Tarkeshwar Nov 27, 2007

I need the statement of HDFC credit card!

• Pa
    PARTHA MUKHERJEE Jul 09, 2008

HI! HDFC CREDIT CARD PEOPLE ARE VERY MUCH ABUSIVE, INDECENT, & ILL-MANNERED. I USED TO PAY THE MIN.AMT. EVERY MONTH EVEN AFTER I HAD LOST MY JOB! BUT FOR LAST 4 MONTHS OR SO I COULDN'T PAY MIN.AMT AS FINANCIAL CON.
    GOT WORSE. HDFC STARTED ABUSING ME AND MY FAMILY MEM. & SEND PEOPLE AT MY HOME TO SETTLE DESPITE TELLING THEM THAT ON REVIVAL OF MY FINANCIAL CONDITION I WILL SETTLE ON MY OWN! AND MOST SURPRISINGLY THEY HAD DOUBLED MY TOTAL OUTSTANDING WITHIN 4 MONTHS!! IS IT REASONABLE & JUSTIFIED? THEY SHOULD BE RESISTED AT ANY COST!! PLS . HELP LEAVING YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

satish jha Feb 06, 2009

• Ji
    jitendra gawanday Mar 28, 2009

credit card statment

prajyot Oct 02, 2009

I have not received credit card statement and hence finding difficult about minimum amount and last date of remittance. pl. mail me on [email protected] or [email protected]

• Vm
    V M PATIL Aug 31, 2010

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED CREDIT CARD STATMENT IN TIME, SO DIFFICULT TO PAY IN TIME .I KINDLY REQUESTED TO SEND ME STATEMENT TO MY E.MAIL ID.

V M PATIL
    [email protected]
    cridit card no.5243681101373523

• Bh
    Bhaskar Malpure Dec 12, 2010

threatening

Getting calls from bangalore by the name of nitin that they are going to mess up with the settlement case so severely that u will be in my trap. The calls are made momentary and at any time of work which is disturbing my family and time consuming. This is definitely affecting my family mental patience and torture. The mental torture caused by them is severe and disturbing my family constantly. Under impulsion if i am forced to make any pressured attack on myself, the concerned authorities will be responsible.

fake credit card

Hi,

I never requested for any credit card with HSBC bank. I was never asked for any confirmation to make a credit card in my name. And all of a sudden, I got billed for using HSBC credit card which never reached me and about which I never knew if it existed in my name. I called customer care to deactivate the card that was created in my name but they never responded positively. They do not even listen to the complete information... they just cut the phone in the middle of the conversation. This is highly irritating.

I think these guys should be punished heavily for such frauds and harassing people. Do you think I can sue HSBC bank for this?

Thanks
Puneet Arya

payment issues!

I have made a payment os Rs 3000.00 Cash in Madurai Branch for my Credit Card. But that payment was not reflected in my Card Account. So the Customer Care Guys asked me to send a fax for Requesting to revert the cash with the Challan Copy ans so i send the fax and confirmed with those guys whether they received the Fax also. They confirmed that the amount will be reverted within two working days but still its not reflected and now i contacted the customer care guys and asked about the request raised by me and now they told that to resend the Fax once again and it was totally frustrating me.

• Mo
    Mohammad Irfan Khan Apr 03, 2008

To Manager HDFC,

My name is Mohd Irfan Khan and I using your Bank’s Credit Card, Here is my Credit Card Number (4346-7810-0281-6288)

This is with reference to the Credit Card Bill of March,

As per my purchase and payment, it should be around INR 3, 060.00, however the bill which has been sent to me is INR 3, 847.00 and it is not satisfactory for me and I will not pay this amount at any cost,

So it is a humble request to adjust this amount and send me the updated bill on my Email ID: [email protected] so that I can make the payment.

As far as any finance charge or Mini Card Fee is concerned, I will not pay these amounts in any case, because I was not told about these things ever.

If any information you need, feel free to call me or mail me.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohd Irfan Khan
    H No: 20, Sarai Jullena,
    Near New Friends Colony
    New Delhi 110025

• Je
    jeevan Sep 24, 2008

Panndiarajan K,

I would suggest you to contact MACCAAN ( Moment against credit collection agony and Nuisance ). This organisation is formed to liberate the people from the multinational banks collection harassment .

They deal with all kinds of unsecured /secured loans and help the common layman to come out of the credit clutches.
    Pls visit the website :www.maccaan.com for further information on this .

This looks like a boon to the people who are stuck on the hands of the international banks .

• Cs
    c.srinivas Dec 16, 2008

this is srinivas from hyderabad
    regarding my jumbo loan account no 4346770000110711
    i have droped the cheque for the instalment amount in the atm branch vide sbi cheque no 710170 dated 23 nov my due date is 26 nov 08 so far i have not ever defaulted myself in payment in spite of your end receiving the cheque you have asked me to pay the so callled financial charges of Rs 16.54 though my fault you have not mentioned through your call center
    i come to know that you are in receipt of this above said cheque
    and also i request you to give the details of my loan schedule of payments so far i paid and the dues
    i protest to pay the above said fininancial charges as mentioned by your bank
    thanks and regards
    srinivas.c

varun sharma Sep 11, 2009

To Manager HDFC,

my name is mrs.bela sharma i am using your bank credit card, my credit card num is ( 5243 6811 0096 1609 ) .

Its my request to you that late fee is charged of 5 months, is very high . iI request you to give me the vavour and i cant aaford the late fees, and i will give the rest of my payment as fast as i can .. so please give me the vavour on late fees .

thanking you

yours sincerly

mrs. bela sharma

reversal of amount lost due to stolen debit card

I have lost an amount of Rs.50000 as my Debit card was stolen on 30-Oct-2007 and was swiped in a jewelery shop (Amantran Jewellers, Sector 16, Nerul). I have reported the complaint both to the police (Rabale police stn as well as to the HDFC bank, Powai). I have also submitted all the documents required by the bank (Photocopy of FIR report, Indemnity form, handwritten complaint letter, 2 other forms provided by the bank). As per the insurance policy and banks assurance, also mentioned on the Indemnity form, the lost amount should be reversed back to my account after the reporting and submission of required documents to the bank. However, it has not been done so and I am unable to receive cooperation from the bank as well as the police.

two wheeler loan

I am Shiva murthy. G working in Concorde Motors (India) Ltd., I applied the loan in the name G. Lokesh (my brother) through HDFC Indiranagar Branch through Mr.Syed and he took the paper cheques and agreement everything and he promised me that he we give the cheque in two days and after 5 days he gave one sheet for that he will call DO, when I went to popular bajaj those people will tell they cant release the vehicle unless an until they give the original cheque, then finally syed told me contact one Mr. Chakrapani in HDFC When I contact him he told on 30-10-07, that he co-ordinate with syed and get the cheque to popular bajaj, but when i call him from my mobile 4 to 5 times he did pickup his mobile, finally on 31-10-07 when i call him from landline he his telling he will try to get in one day agaian, I really dont know why they dont respect the customer, they will tell their own reasons, that they had meeting, when they cant serve the customer properly what they will do in meeting, and chakrapani will reply for that he his not responsible for my loan at the end, really it is very pathatic service I got from HDFC employees, further I dont want anybody to go for HDFC to take loan, they dont know how to give service to the Customers, after heppening this I lost the interest of buying the two wheeler itself.

• Ra
    Rajesh Narvariya Jul 25, 2008

I want to check my two wheeler loan account statement but I don't know how to check.

plz arrange my documents as soon as possible

To
Above raymond show room,
Dwarakanagar,
Vizag-530016

dear sir/madam

My name chaganti. Veera venkata satya sesha ravikumar, s/o satyannarayana murthy. In december 2006 I am applied for two wheeler loan amount of 48,575/-. In kakinada hdfc bank branch I am very glad to offer by hdfc bank loan and finally it is sanctioned in 05/01/2007. From that month I paid my installments without fail in october 11th 2007 I settled the loan amount against my account number 2871642 amount of 35,750 / - (Rupees thirty seven thousand seven hundred fifty only). At kakinada branch. Till now I didn’t received any clarifications and any clearing letters and no objection and transfer certificates.

I am requesting u that plz arrange my documents as soon as possible

• Ss
    S. SELVI Sep 12, 2008

TO
    HDFC BANK LTD
    RETAIL ASSTE DAVISON,
    CHENNAI

Dear sir/Madam

My name S.SELVI, D/O .SEKAR. I am getting two wheelr loan from HDFC bank chennai Branch on september 2006.inRs, . 31763/= ( RUPEES THIRTTY ONE THOUASND SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE ONLY) From that month I paid my installments without fail in July 2008 I settled the loan amount against routed through Central bank of india Nazrathpart branch, chennai, and union bank of india Anna nagar brnach chennai my accounts. I do no the HDFC bank account no number.Till now I didn’t received any clarifications and any clearing letters and no objection and transfer certificates.

VEHICLE NO : TN 20 AD 2775
    NAME OF THE BIKE : SPELENDER PLUS
    COLOR OF BIKE : BLACK

I am requesting u that plz arrange my documents as soon as possible

• Am
    Amit Kumar Nov 09, 2008

Dear Sir/mam
    I hv loan of 42000/- for my bike honda unicorn from Lucknow branch.
    but ur exucative not support to me and he is give me fake information and not giving any support to me,
    pl help me on this issue

Exucative name-Mr.jamil ahmed
    ph-09305558599

• Gu
    Guru Sanyasi Demudu Nov 18, 2008

Dear sir,

I have taken two wheeler loan from Hdfc Bank, Vizag branch. I lost my instalments details statement, so I want know loan account no. and also howmany instalments due in my account. My vehicle details & my details as give below for your ready referance.

Vehcle Registration No: AP 31 AR 0081,
    Hero Honda Passion Plus
    Model : 2007
    Chasis No: 07B09C17316
    Engine No: 07b08m39210

I request you kindly send me details to my mail Id

Thanking You sir,
    G.S.DEMUDU
    CELL:09392337437

subhash kumar Nov 28, 2008

Hi madam/sir
    My name is subhash kumar s/o madan pal i have taken hero honda cbz extrem bike loan for hdfc bank 20th october 2008 but till now i don't have any docment recived my add is k-11/F2 first floor old rangpuri road near gopalji dairy mahipal pur new delhi-110037.Pls i request to sent me all docoments ASAP. my bank loan no is-----14071829

Regards
    Subhash kumar
    mobile no -9818230064

shah azam khan Dec 17, 2008

i want my two wheeler loan account statement.
    number is 90941004.

shiv Mar 30, 2009

Here is my complaint...complaint against HDFC Bank...in bangalore...

Harrassing for EMI for single month Due..
    I have got two wheeler loan from HDFC bank, which was my first mistake in my life. I purchased a new vehicle under two wheeler loan from HDFC bank. After purchasing the vehicle my business got down. I was unable to pay the only one premium of Rs. 1973-00 the loan amount on due date. But the HDFC collection centre persons call us more than 20 times in a day. If we pick the phone they will speak with us as they are speaking with a thief. For a business reasons The HDFC bank will provide loan to the peoples with a high interest rates.

They are asking me if you don't able to pay the single payment why did you taken the loan from us. When he called us he told, he is calling from HDFC and used the no 42171044 and 42042753 I don't know whether they are belongs to HDFC Bank or Recovery people...He said his name is Ajay and belongs to Sanjay's Recovery team from Indira Nagar Branch.

They Really Spoke very badly...So I request you all the viewers before getting loan from any bank be ready to go through all the difficulties. And please avoid getting loan from HDFC Bank

My Account # 12800455
    Sadashiva Swamy
    Bangalore

• Si
    siri7486 Apr 20, 2009

Hi sir my name is G.srinivas Reddy S/o G.sathi reddy we have taken Passion plus bike from Phonex motors with HDFC finance help.

Now we had completed our finance payments i have not received any clearance documents from them.i.e NO Objection letter.

ple arrange to give me the form

My registration No Ap 29 N 7486

HDFC BANK LTD
    RETAIL ASSTE DAVISON,
    CHENNAI

Dear sir/Madam
    I Am Mr. P.R.Narendra, My wo Wheeler loan Ac no 13890062, I Have taken Hunk From Laxmi motors with HDFC Bank. This month my EMI was bounced after 10days of my EMI date collection executive came and take the money on 15-04-09 and again HDFC Bank deducted from my account on 18-04-09, so the banker will taken money twice with out any information, i am going to take very seriously of this issue, and i am thinking to five paper add also

my registration no is AP 11AE 3748

my mobile no 9885676321

• Di
    dinesh kumar Jun 11, 2009

sir i m dinesh kumar swain from bhubaneswar. i m intersted to buy a bike cbz extreme. i want to loan from ur bank . sir actually i want the scheme of payment EMI. what the interest amount ? please say.

vikram pahuja Sep 16, 2009

sir i have paid full amount of loan. so why your recovering agent are harrasing us.the name of the agent is manish chouksey living in sagarwadi burhanpur . sir please take action as soon as possible complain by baldev pahuja burhanpur

hdfc card setteled 1 yr back but still amount getting deducted by ecs

Hi, Kindly of strange but wanted to post in this as everyone should be aware of fraudlent and cheating...

credit card payment

I had lot of grievences on the HDFC credit card No.[protected] , particularly the name printed on this card and many more issues. Anyway, the card got expired in last December 2006, and the dues on this card was settled amicably for an amount of Rs. 6600/- on 23rd july2007 vide ref No. S 0016006 in Rajouri Garden, New Delhi to be paid in 5 monthly shots. The first payment of Rs.3000/- was debited from my current account No.[protected] within a day or two from the date final settlement. Actually, I am holding 2 accounts in HDFC Bank ,Saket, New Delhi, ie SB A/C No.[protected] and the aforesaid Current Account Number. As soon as my next months ( August 2007) salary got crdited, Credit card division, New Delhi kept a good amount on hold from my SB Account without any reason and without my knowledge and due to this reason my 3 cheques got dishounoured including my credit payment of Rs.900/- for the month of August. I had to suffer a penalty of Rs. 1300/- for this reason. I approached your Rajouri garden, New Delhi Manager Mr. Amit Sagar, and he said he would release the the amount which is kept on hold within a couple of days after deducting my August payment. Days passed and and it never happened. I was under the impression that, he had relesed the amount kept on hold and I issued cheque for the next month. Many people called me for August payment and I told them the awhole story. Again the next month also I noticed, an amount is kept on hold either from my current account or SB account. I went to Rajouri garden, New Delhi again and met Mr. Amit sagar. The busy guy, this time also said, needful would be done. I kept on calling and visiting Rajouri garden to release my amount as he promised, for the payment of next month. Sick and tired of this, atlast I approached Mr. Prashant, Managter, Saket Branch New Delhi, to contact credit card division for clearence of all my dues in one shot from the amount kept on hold and issue me the clearence certificate. He has written a long letter to credit card division
and again nothing happened. At last, I went to meet Mr. Amit Sagar, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi and it ended up in verbal encounter and I was humiliated infront of others for my good intension. Being a women, I did not have any reply except calling police. Now I got a big statement amouting to Rs. 21000/- as a retaliatory action from Mr. Amit sagar. Now I dont know, to whom I meet for justice

Anyway, i dont want to drag this matter to any unpleasant situation. I am a mother of 2 and a good human being living with a meagre income. I want to clear all my dues on final settlement amount ( Rs.6600/-) and to get rid of this problem. I dont know what is going on in my account. At times, money is on hold and at times some money is released and at times cheques are getting bounced. All these drama took place just for a peanut amount of Rs.2000 or a little more. So kindly contact me either in my E-mail or my phone and settle the matter immediately and issue me the clearence certificate.

regards

Rini Elizabeth

Praveen Mar 28, 2008

Dear Sir

I have handed over my credit card in May 2007, with the settlement of till that date, now I am not remember that card Number and don't have that card also. Two months later one agent was come to my home and he collected cash Rs.5000/- from my wife and he said he will settlement of the dues and get the NOC (no objection certificate) from the bank, but he never turned back, where is that agent now? And where is that money now? Always agents are asking for cash only why? And later last month one more man had come and bargaining the same. I do not understand the bank people and agents are making frauds in this issue. And they are not willing to give Manager’s name and contact number. We done a big mistake are not got the NOC from the Bank that time. Please close my issue. But bank is multiple that amounts in a bigger way, and they are sending agents to our home and harassing my family, right now I am not in Bangalore. Please avoid this... this is not the way of collecting. How is that agent related to my credit card and want to know they are legally appointed by the government? And many times court also said about this issue. If they come again and again, I am going to take an action in legal manner.

Regards
    Praveen Reddy C
    Bangalore

Praveen Mar 28, 2008

Credit Card Issue
    Bank people and Agents are harassing like anything... about this issue

Praveen

high pre-closure charges

I have taken Car loan of Rs 3,00,000 and have already paid 7 EMI's of Rs 10,250. I no more want to keep this loan and contacted HDFC bank so that I can make full loan payment. Now, HDFC bank wants me to pay 2,65,000 which includes 6% pre-closure charges which according to me is very high and infact there should not be any pre-closure charges when customer waits and pays atleast 6 EMI's. I have already paid them 72.000 as EMI's. I have already requested them to waive-off the 6% charges but they are not ready to do anything about this. Can I contact consumer court for this issue? Or is there any email addresses or contact number where i can raise this issue???

• Di
    divya Sep 01, 2008

Its better to avoid HDFC bank for any loans, Even I am facing the same issue with HDFC car loan,
    Really am not angry about HDFC. I request others that " DON'T GO TO HDFC LOANS" they will cheat you later. Please pass on this message to the other people as much as you can.

I really hate this idiot bank.

• Da
    Daljit Dec 03, 2008

Hi
    I agree pre-closure charges are a real pain. I am facing the same issue with citibank auto loans. I guess it is a common thing and nothing can be done about it.

Vijendra Jan 23, 2009

This is un-fair trade practice as ruled by supreme court in STATE BANK OF INDIA Vs NATIONAL CONSUMNER FORUM. Therefore, you need pay any charges, and in case you can approach National consumer forum

• Po
    poonkave Mar 14, 2009

Mr. Vijendra.
    Can you pls provide some more information on the ruling by Supreme Court on Pre-Closure charges by Banks.

hdfc online transfer

Hi,

I have transfered Rs10000 to the andrabank account on oct 3rd 2007.
The transaction is "03 Oct 2007
NEFT-[protected]-To Pitchaiah 10Krs HDF072765267 03 Oct [protected].00"

and this has been rejected by the andhra bank and its been 20 days i am following up on this .I have called several times to HDFC bank callcenter and gave compliant andI HAVE NO RESPONCE U SAY U WILL DEPOSIT TODAY TOMORROW AND ITS BEEN 15 DAYS FROM TEH DAY IT REJECTED.

"ITS NOT A SMALL AMOUNT TO DO DELAY ,WE WILL HAVE IMPORTANT TRANSACTIONS TO BE DONE "

"I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE EXACT REASON FOR THE DELAY OF MONEY WHY ITS NOT BEEEN DEPOSITED IN THE ACOCUNT AND WHEN IT WILL BE DEPOSITED I AM NOT GOING TO CONTACT THE CALLCENTER ANYMORE BECAUSE I AM FEDUP"

"THE COMPLAINT NUMBER IS [protected]" PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS ISSUE AND GET BACK TO ME AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE"

THANKS,
BYE.

mallik217 Nov 12, 2010

Hi All, I am from hyderabad. I applied for a home loan at HDFC Bank Tarnaka 2 and half months Bank. I got the Home loan approval call on october 7th 2010. I called up executive to find out the file processing status and always got the reply saying that I need to wait for that letter. Even after 20 days I didnt receive any document. I went directly to bank and got the duplicate copy of the approval doc. Now the executive is delaying with some or the other reason and it is still not been processed on 12th Nov 2010. Not sure whether this will be approved.

varun73 Feb 06, 2011

Sir/madam
    I, Varun Tyagi, Empcode-CV15381 resigned from the post of cse on 18nov 2010 from HDFC Bank ltd, kamla nagar, agra.I received a message on my mobile phone on 27 nov, that an amount of Rs 5, 515 has been credited to my a/c as final settlement from 1nov -18nov 2010.

My a/c statement is showing that i have been charged Rs 4, 500 as notice pay recovery.Is there any notice period for off-roll employees.My
    senior asked me to resign on the same date.I confirm that I WAS ASKED
    TO RESIGN ON SAME DAY.
    There was no time for notice.I had to resign on the same day.

I feel very sorry to say that no one is looking into the matter.I am
    asking for the salary for the days i have worked. I am not begging for
    anything.I am very shocked to see the working criteria of the HR
    department of HDFC BANK.

Please update me with the proceedings of my f&f settlement.I request
    you to waive off my notice period recovery amount as it is not my
    fault.Please do not haress me financially.Kindly revert that how my
    full and final has been affected.

Kindly look into the matter and resolve my problem at earliest else i
    have to take legal action through labour court.

Thanking you,
    Yours sincerely,
    Varun Tyagi
    CV15381
    Mob-9808400490

Mahee Feb 07, 2013

To hdfc bank,
    Sir my name is brahmandlapalli mahender i am having account in ur hdfc bank since 3years recently i had opened another salary account through my company i got a letter from ur headoffice that according to rbi policy we should not maintain two customer Id's on same name so they told they will deactivate my old customer id that is (38337398) and my new customer id is(43977042) so i dont want to deactivate my old customer id so am requesting to deactivate my new customer id.

settlement of creditcard #[protected]

Dear Sir,

My self syed Raisul hasan Rizvi R/o F4, Shaheen bagh Abul fazal Okhla, new delhi.

I was using HDFC credit card# [protected] and due to some financial problems I was not able to make the payment on time. and november-06 I got the settlement from them. I have paid the complete EMI of Rs 4000 everymonth but according to them Rs 500 was unpaid from my end. and without giving me notice they hold my fund from HDFC bank # [protected]

Since I had paid Rs 500 also and I have a acknowledgement copy also.

I received the notice on 26th of july that they are holding fund on same day from HDFC bank.

The contact person no [protected] which is given on notice is not reacheable since i got the notice.

When i speak to HDFC customer care they told me this is not concern to me, after making lot of effort I contacted to Mr Akshaya at credit card recovery departement.

according to him my settlement of card has been cancelled, now i need again do the settlement of previous balance.
Meantime i one cheque of Rs 4083 of personel loan no 1868132 has bounce back due to this.

You kindly advice me what should i do to get the money back from them.

Thanks
Syed R. hasan rizvi
[protected]

• Av
    AVISHEK SINGH May 06, 2008

I really had a good impression about HDFC bank but i am sorry the impression has changed.

HDFC Bank have put a hold on Rs 20535.00 from my Salary bank account on 04.05.08.(seen by me on 04/05/08) Asked they say it is due to old credit card balance.

Moreover they have not even bothered to give notice to me or any sort of communication to me that they are putting an hold on an amount from my savings bank.

Now enquiring they say it was a old Gold Card on which I have a balance for which Since 4 months i haven't received any statement or email.

I have asked for the documentary evidence for the same but they are not ready to provide any and taking me for a round and delaying everytime I ring them as they believe they have my money at their disposal and they can do whatever they want to do with the amount.

Who will bear the cost of lost opportunity/ lost interest on my hold back amount?

On the other hand if i get my statements emailed accross to this email address i will ensure, i pay it in due course of time.

This tantamounts to cheating under Sec 420 of criminal Act and holding of information uder Right to Information Act.

Request you to help me in this regards.

Avishek Singh

• Ro
    ROOP KISHORE Sep 02, 2009

my name is Roop kishore . i have the HDFC credit card 4346772007242018. my credit limit is 15000, now i am not able to pay the whole outstanding 23000, till now i have already paid 9000 and i said for the settlement. and they are not allowing to do so even they are not converting this money to emi as well. i am readly to pay the settlement amount. so sir help me what should i do or do needful for this

Thanks and regards
    Roop kishore

delay in chequebook delivery

My self Harshad Mungra. I am having a saving account with hdfc bank and my ac no is. [protected] with Vapi branch.
At present i am in baroda and i have already changed my correspondence address through manjalpur branch baroda.
I have given a requisition for at par cheque book on 6th oct-07 through manjalpur branch, baroda. on 9th oct-07 i have received a SMS on my mobile no. [protected] that my cheque book is dilivered through pafex courier on 7th oct. but till date (20.10.07) i could not receive the cheque book.
Now i am in big trouble i have not any cheque book and thus i can not make any transaction.
Please take action.

Harshad Mungra

• Ni
    Nipun Tulsyan Oct 20, 2007

Dear Mr. Mugra,

This can be a complaint you can resolve conveniently through the customer care centre.

Taking this level of action for a mere complaint. Speak with the PAFEX people of your area if the consignment is delivered somewhere around to your neighbors in your absence.

Regards,
    Nipun.

• Ar
    arvind rathod Jun 21, 2008

sir im open hdfc a/c in saudia arab in khober branch before 4 month but still not get debit card and check book from bank and when im go in khober branch there no response about my complaint so please send me debit card and and chek book im open in india delhi brach so please send me as soon as

credit card issued under my name without my knowledge

From
S. Sudhakar,
18/20 Kuppuswamy Street,
S.I.S.I Colony,
Ullagram,
Chennai-91

To
The Branch Manager,
HDFC Bank (Credit card, 2nd Floor)
Nelson Manickam Road,
Chennai

Respected Sir,

Sub: In context to the credit card issued under my name without my knowledge.

I Sudhakar working as a Sales Executive in a reputed Organization; For the past 3 months I am facing lots of problem by the credit card payment agents (Five Solutions, 15/30 Rangarajan Main Road, Kodambakkam) in behalf of HDFC. They are frequently visiting my house and troubling my elderly parents to pay the Due amount for the credit card issued under my name.

But unfortunately I don’t hold any credit card from HDFC. Hereby these agents are forcing me to pay the outstanding balance for that unknown credit card. I humbly request to take necessary action under these discrepancies.

Further more my father and Senior Police Officer personally visited the bank on 24th September 2007 and met Mr.Srinivasan, Assistant Manager – HDFC at Nelson Manickam Road and explained him the problems faced by me.

Accordingly Mr.Srinivasan had suggested us to send a requisition letter to the bank requesting for the following records of proof, So kindly request you to send me the following proofs.
1. Copy of the Credit card application.
2. Address proof given at the time of credit card availing.
3. Copy of the acknowledgement stating that I have personally received the card.
4. Monthly statement for the credit card transaction.
5. Signature proof if any.
6. Transaction Details for the amount spent in the card.

If I could receive the above records it will be really helpful for me to take necessary action, kindly do the needful.
Note: Credit Card Number ([protected]) received from the HDFC agent.

Date: Thanking You

Chennai

• Hd
    HDFC Help Desk Oct 02, 2007

Hi Sudhakar,

We do understand the problems that you are currently facing. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. It would be great if you could provide some more information. Is it possible for you to mail a copy of front & back of the credit card? So that we would go ahead de-activate it.

Thanks!!

Customer Services Dept,
    HDFC Credit Divison.

Sudhakar Oct 04, 2007

Hi,

I think you dont understand my problem,

My problem is that i did not apply for any credit card from HDFC and HDFC agent people are back of me asking to pay for unknow credit card Number (4346772001341048).

Then how do you except me to mail a copy of front & back of the credit card, which i dont ever see it.

poor service!

I have taken a Home Loan from HDFC Home Loan service in India last year. The interest rate charge type was floating, wherein if the rate of interest increases/decreases anytime in future, the same would apply to me.

Some months, back the rate of interest increased from 9% to 11.25% and the same got applied to my loan as well. Consequently my EMI increased multifold.

Recently HDFC Home Loan service announced a reduction in the home loan interest rate to 10.5%. However, this reduction is only being applied to new borrowers and is not being applied to my loan as that would mean a cut in their income! This, in spite of my home loan type being floating.

This simply is "cheating" by the bank as I cannot even go for re-finance to another bank as HDFC charges me a huge foreclosure fee (which is a deterrent).

Thus, I am stuck with an ever increasing home loan interest with absolutely no recourse in sight.

• Ta
    tarun Rastogi Dec 29, 2010

Subject : drhl benefit not passed on, case due over 3 months : file no. 589236949

Sir,

I am nri customer of hdfc currently based in uae & a permanent customer of hdfc bank having 5 accounts
    (Both nri & saving account)

Additionally I am 2nd time customer to hdfc home loan

Under drhl scheme I had taken disbursement of home loan on 14th sept 10 details as per file no: 589236949.

All the formalities to avail disbursement under drhl3 @ 8.25% were complete as per suggested on or before 26th august10 through hdfc concerned officers.

However when I visited hdfc – india habitat center branch on 10th september 10 to complete all formalities I was surprised to note that I was being charged a normal rate of interest. There was no benefit of drhl being considered, which I brought to notice of concerned officer.
    Officer tried to convince me to ignore drhl & proceed with normal rate of interest (Roi), which was not acceptable to me hence they they assured me that they will discuss with their head office & ensure benefit of drhl is passed to me.

I had to accept this coz my sole purpose of visit to india (For 1 week only) was to take loan disbursement only.

However still (After over 3 months) there is no confirmation to me about my current status of home loan & seems I am being charged a normal roi.

I am not at all satisfied with the professionalism shown by hdfc representatives & matter has been handled casually insensitively from beginning.

This matter needs your urgent attention – kindly take corrective actions before 31dec 2017.

Regds

Tarun rastogi

jain nitin Apr 06, 2011

we have take a loan from ur bank a/c no 587566301
    and bank debit of Rs 440 of additioal Interest
    and they deduct Rs 115 Incidental Charges and no information given about these charges deduct in my account
    and i have asked to bank about these charges they r not cleard to me about these charges

So req plz debit these charges which is deduct in my account
    And plz tell me about interest rate which is increse by as per bank so it is happen again then i hold the amount or i switch over another bank
    [plz clear these two thing ASAP
    My no 092633577937

Awating ur reply other i submit a written complaint to leagal dept

Abhishek jain

• Ss
    sskumar Jun 11, 2013

i am completely agree, service and transparency is not there, they never care to send acknowledgment for the payment received,
    they never update the customer about any information,
    Though it is an international bank, service for the client is not up to the standard, really dissappointed

biggest mistake of my life

1. I took their health plus credit card which was the biggest mistake of my life.
2. They kept the credit card limit to only 43000 Rs. even if i did a of transactions from it.
3. Those who dont know its a paid card for which i paid 1100 RS per year as credit card fee.
4. These ###s asked me to change the due payment of 10000 RS into installments and like a fool i agreed.
5. I missed two installments when the remaining amount was 4000 Rs and they charged me with a load closing amount of 3600 Rs. Loan closing? when did i took a loan from you ###s?
6. I objected over that and denied the payment so they started another game. Their collection department keep on coming to me every time saying that if you 1500 RS we will close your account for settlement and this way they took 4000 Rs from me. So every time they keep on lying to me and i was like a fool believed them.
7. They got away with main amount of 4000 Rs and i got no settlement letter or confirmation.
8. they keep on putting the penalties on me for late payment and made it 11389 Rs now.
9. The amount 11389 Rs has nothing but all fine and penalties.
10. By the way the card is closed from last one year and they included the card fee of 1100 Rs in the statement wow... you crazy ###...
11. Unfortunately i had my salary account with HDFC bank and guess what they did... they stolen that money from saving account to settle my credit card payment with out asking me.
12. Am i safe with the banks like HDFC ? I dont think so !

is hdfc blind?

Hi

I opened a new account with HDFC earlier this month. I had to receive the welcome kit by the 17th and issue urgent cheques during that week. Everybody in the bank including the sr. sales person who opened my account and the Manager of the branch at HDFC Arjun Marg, Gurgaon, Delhi, india assured me that i shall receive the cheque book within that time. I made continuous calls to the call center. they always said the status is currently not reliable but i shall receive the kit within 7 days of account opening. On my desperate effort after 14 days account opening, a gentleman at the call center told me that the address has a mistake and the cheque book has been returned. Every time i used to repeat the address, the photocopy of the form has the right address. No one ever bothered to notice this and tell me. Now I have beared Rs.10,000 plus for issuing DDs and transferring money since i did not have the cheque book. Who is responsible? Is everybody at HDFC blind?

Pranay Shah Singh
By Profession Jouranlist

harassment by hdfc executives

I have HDFC Gold Credit card for last 2 years, i was making the payments on time. I went abroad in March and returned in July and i got the outstanding payment statement in July. I was to make the payment but i had to go to punjab for some work. So i could not make the payment and i started getting phone calls everyday from the HDFC credit card department (phone no #[protected]&011-[protected]) almost daily. the executive was after my life to make the partial payment (minimum due) . even when i asked her that i want to make the full payment, she insisted on making the partial payment. Then i told her not to come to my home address, but she still did not hear my request and sent someone to my home. i was not at my home and the person asked for the payment from my parents. But then when i received the next bill, late payment charges were again levied. Even when the executive was saying that if i make the minimum due payment, late fee charges will not be applied. So i was really angry with Ms harleen in hdfc bank.

Next month they started calling me again and asking for the minimum payment again. Now i was asking for the reason of what happened last month. But she insisted me to make the payment without hearing my request. So i finally made the payment online to get rid of the mental torture. I even payed for the two months late fee charges (around Rs 1200) against payment of Rs 6000. But i was still receiving calls, i told her that i have made the payment but she said u still make the minimum amount payment and it will be credited to your account. I told her that i have already made the full payment, but she was abusing and torturing. This was most dirtiest experience with any bank ever. Now i still have not received the return of the late fee charges. But i am unable to do anything. Because this is INDIA.

sundar.M Sep 22, 2007

Iam having lot of issue's with HDFC bank. they are having very poor customer service. Even if we are genuine. If any one know the higher official contact numbers are Email address please let me know.

This is my Email address

[email protected]

shibankar Jul 22, 2008

More than executives, HR is more pathatic. i was working with them for couple of years and just to issue my experience certificate they took more than 6 months, and till date some or other reason they give...
    i really feel that i have wasted my 2 years of life in hdfc bank.. i will be starting forum where i will be posting all negative points about hdfc with facts and figure and will circulate to all possible network in the world and india...

HDFC IS A PATHETIC EMPLOYER TO WORK WITH... BEFORE TAKING THERE OFFER THINK TWICE.

• Om
    ombudsman Nov 04, 2009

This is an information for anyone whose complaint is not getting resolved

Always give a complaint in writing and in duplicate, get one copy signed by bank officals with date
    In case bank officals are not cooprative get is signed by branch manger (its a RBI madate to give an acknolowdge )
    The bank is time bound to give an reply in writing within a week
    In case the same is not give give a reminder mail.
    In case again they dont give a reply the same can be escalated complaince head of the level Vice President of the bank .Each branch is supposed have an notice of the escalation matrix in the notice board. In case such info is not give get hold branch manger by his collar and get the information
    In case of telecomplaint ask for complaint number and insist for escalation matrix
    Verbal complaints rarely solve any problem
    In case of long standing complaints write a letter directly to MD/CEO or E mail to them

Viquar Shaikh Sep 18, 2012

HDFC sales executive are hopeless and do not have manners to speak with customer. On 19 Sep 2012 I received an call from HDFC sales executive (01164783651) and executive was abusing me and my family members on replying no to him on his offer and after calling him back on his phone no the experience was more ridicules same executive was speaking with changed name and after on cross questioning he again started abusing and disconnected the call...I am holding HDFC bank account as well as HDFC Credit card today itself I am going to disconnect with these account and I will also insist by friends and colleagues to do the same...

faulty billing not being reversed!

I have HDFC Bank Credit Card No. [protected] (earlier Card No. [protected]). My wife holds a co-card for this credit card.

On 19.12.06, Smart Pay Facility was activated on this card for my and my wife’s ICICI Insurance Policies ([protected] and [protected]). The same was confirmed by HDFC Bank Card Division through their letter dated 19.12.06.

On 03/03/07, The HDFC Bank paid premium to some other policy (No. 0140698) of ICICI and sent the bill to me. Later, on verification with the ICICI Bank I came to know that the premium has not been paid for my policy by my credit card company and there is no insurance policy with ICICI of the No. to which HDFC Bank claims to have paid the premium.

On 29/04/07, I sent a letter to the HDFC Credit Card Division to reverse the faulty billing and reverse all the late payment charges and interest charged for this transaction on my credit card due to the faulty billing. . For nearly two months every one from HDFC call center kept on arguing that they have made payment to correct policy and I need to sort out the matter with the ICICI Insurance. After repeatedly giving them the reference to the letter by which Smart Pay Facility was activated, the call center team behaves politely. But every time I called the call center, I was told to wait. I have received two letters from Credit Cards Division of HDFC Bank telling me that they are looking in to the matter.

I my letter dated 29/04/07 I requested HDFC Bank Card Division to stop all smart pay facility on my card also. In response to this, the bank stopped smart pay facility on my card but some for one else’s policy, a third policy on which neither the smart pay facility has been activated nor the payment has been made (ICICI policy No.[protected]).

On July 18th: Mr. Amit Bhardwaj, Assistant Manager, Collection Dept called and told that my card is inactive. It has been decided to reverse the transaction. However, to reverse the transaction the card needs to be activated and for that I need to pay Rs. 490/- which will be credited to my account. I was told to make the payment the same day, else he will declare me defaulter and I will have to handle court case and police will come to my place. Hoping that things will get sorted out if I pay Rs. 490, I paid the amount vide their receipt No. F [protected] dated July 18, 07.

On August 12th, Sunday some one again called me asking for immediate payment for the full amount.

On August 17th some one called me telling that I should pay up the full amount immediately, else they will send some one to my house the next day and I will have to face the consequence (Kal jo apke ghar pe jo tamasha hoga, aap dekhna). I complained about this immediately to Ms. Alka Paul, the senior most official available in their call center about this and as usual, she was polite and assured me that she will ensure that no body visits my home.

On August 25, 2007 Mr. Sameer Bhargava of Escalation Department called me to inform that no body will call me for payment till the dispute is settled.

On September 15, 2007, I have received a bill date 08/09/07 with late fee and financial charges with a comment that my credit history will be shared with the RBI approved credit bureaus.

I have also received a legal NOTICE dated 08/09/07 from Debt Management and Legal Support – Credit Cards of HDFC Bank that the Bank has placed a “Hold on Funds” I my account No. [protected] with HDFC Bank’s branch at C-5, Safdarjung Development Area, Commercial Complex, New Delhi – 110 016 by exercising the Bankers liern and Right of Setoff’ option to the extent of the balance available in my account as on 08/09/07. I have been told to “remit the sum outstanding on my Credit Card A/C with in 7 days of receipt of this notice” failing which the balance amount will be adjusted from my account.

The decision of the HDFC Bank Card team and its Legal Support team to send me a legal notice is tantamount to institutional financial terrorism/ arm-twisting.

Why does the Bank feels that I am liable to pay the minimum amount due indefinitely if it refuses to reverse the faulty transaction? I have already paid nearly 1400/- over and above the due amount excluding the faulty transaction and associated charges on the faulty transaction.

They are not acknowledging the mail now. I think I am left with no option but to take them to consumer court and demand for compensation for my telephone bills, time wasted and interest on the amount held by them besides penalty for harassment.

Vaidyanathan Radhakrishnan Jan 17, 2008

I never recieved hard copy of my Credit card statement till now. I used to get soft copy regularly. But for the month of November and December 2007, i didnt recieve both soft copy and hard copy of the statement.And when asked,it was told that the hard copy was recieved by me itself. And in the month of January bill was generated on 16/11/08 and I received the soft copy on 17/01/08. And told to a payment immediate with lot of charges.

• Je
    jeevan Sep 24, 2008

Diwakar Srivastava,

Pls visit the website :www.maccaan.com for further information on this .

• Ka
    KAIZAR ATTARWALA Apr 02, 2012

HDFC BANK CARDS DIVISION,
    MUMBAI
    SUBJECT:- REVICE THE CREDIT CARD INTREST CHARGE
    RESPECTED SIR,
    I AM WRITING SECOND LETTER TO YOUR BANK .I HAVE WROTE LETTER TO YOUR BANK AND HANDED OVER TO MR.AJAY P.LANJEKAR OF CHANDIVALLI BRANCH ID NO. W06174 along with cheque no.907338 of RS 1040/-BUT YET BANK HAVE NOT RECEVIED MY LETTER BUT RECEVED MY CHEQUE WHY???
    YOU HAVE CHARGE UNNECCESARY INTREST ON MY CARD AND YOUR OFFICER MADHUKAR HAVE PROMISSED THAT WILL REVISE ALL CHARGES BUT HAVE NOT YET REVISED .
    I AM A REGULAR CUSTOMER AND NOT A DEFAULTER AS YOUR BANK HAVE ALSO INCREASED MY CARD LIMIT BUT JUST DUE TO UNNECCESARY CHARGE LEVID ON MY CARD YOU BLOCKED MY CARD, AND MAY I KNEW WHY HAVE YOU DECREASED MY CARD LIMIT TOO .
    PLEASE REVISE UNNECCESARY CHARGE LEVIED ON MY CARD INSPITE OF SO MANY RECOMMENDATION WITH YOUR BANK AND CUSTOMER CARE I NEVER GOT PROPER RESPONSE FROM YOUR BANK AND IF YOU CAN’T CORPORATE WITH ME I AM ALSO NOT INTERSETED IN YOUR BANK I M HAPPY WITH OTHER BANK CARDS .
    KAIZAR ATTARWALA