Having problems with HDFC Bank?

+91 226 160 6161 (Head Office)
+91 796 160 6161 (Ahmedabad)
+91 806 160 6161 (Bangalore)
+91 172 160 6161 (Chandigarh)
+91 116 160 6161 (Delhi & NCR)
+91 406 160 6161 (Hyderabad)
1st Floor, C.S. № 6/242, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel
Mumbai
India - 400013

Complaints & Reviews

can't understand them

I was HDFC Credit Card Hold Card bnum [protected] which was got closed in 2005 same as been due to lo...

rude customer service!

I have a major issue with HDFC bank, where I have opted for credit card and on December, 2006 I have...

undue harassment

This is with reference to my credit card problem since April 2006 and after plenty of requests nobody listens to my problem and not even I've received my credit card statements, but after requesting so many times at last I received missing statements through e-mail then I go through it and after finding pending entries I made full and final payment of Rs 5050/- except undue charges that was only due to delay for sending the monthly statements by HDFC credit card division.

Now I have received legal notice for pending payment of Rs. 12150.25/- in that notice it is also mentioned that I am not available on the telephone nos. which I've provided to the company but for your kind information I am using the same no from last 3 years and so many times I've received calls from HDFC mumbai head office and discussed my problem with concerned person but they were unable to give satisfactory answers to me.

Following is the detailed task of my problem:-

1. Dated 10-03-2006 - given written request in local HDFC Bank branch located at Sangrur for reversal of smart pay in LIC that credit card division has wrongly paid to LIC co.(discussed through mails) but they refused to pay back even when it was their fault.
2. Dated 18-04-2006 – Evening 4.20 P.M talked to Ms Arpana at chandigarh customer care office and requested for pending statements so that I can pay the pending bill amount but I didn’t receive the same.
3. Dated 20-05-2006 – Morning 11.05 A.M talked to Ms Parul Desai, explained her all detail of my case and requested for the statements but I didn’t receive the same.
4. Dated 18-06-2006 – sent fax to chandigarh credit card division( fax- [protected]) for reversing the charges for wrongly paid smart pay premium and requested for pending credit card statements but they didn’t respond to me.
5. Dated 01-08-2006 – After so many requests I never ever received any statement from the company so I paid Rs 1450/- as on 1-8-2006 that I was remembered to pay.
6. Dated 20-09-2006 - Again I requested for credit card statement on customer service but again I ve not recd.
7. Dated 30-10-2006 – still I was not having any statement from your side but I paid Rs 4234 that I was remembered to pay.
8. Dated 20-11-2006 - Amount Paid Rs 12429 /- of LIC
9. Dated 28-11-2006 - I again requested for the statement on customer service but again I was waiting for the same. But then I ve paid Rs 8772+3650 = 12422/- of my purchasing.
10. Dated [protected] – Paid Rs 2500.

In the mean while I started conversation through e-mail with customer service you can check with reference no – [protected].
After receiving my missing statements through email I paid my unpaid bills that comes around Rs 5050/- and that was my full and final payment after that I stopped using the HDFC card.

That was all about my bad experience with HDFC bank credit card and even after so much harassment I've received legal notice from their side now??

Warm rgrds
Mandeep Singh.
[protected]

manjt singh Mar 13, 2009

Respected Sir,
    Myself Manjit Singh HDF BANK INTERNATIONAL GOLD CARD 5176521005418514 has been cotinously requesting for statement of account.but no responce from your executive.Requesting since three months.KINdly send me details and vave off the intrest.Send your executive to collect the money and release my card.There is no fault of mine.You can see my previous statement. Thanks.
    MANJIT SINGH

Rajish May 19, 2011

yes, its all true, dnt evr go for HDFC credit card.

NITIN KARANWAL Apr 13, 2014

HI MY NAME IS NITIN KARANWAL I HAVE RUNNING MY SALARY ACCOUNT SINC 2011, I HAD APPLIED 6 TIME FOR CREDIT CARD EVERY TIME THEY DECLINE MY CARD BECAUSE OF STANDING INSTRUCTION CAN YOU BRIED WHAT WOULD BE THE ELIGIBLITY I NEED TO CARRY FORWARD FOR FURTHER IN CASE I AM GOING TO CLOSE MY ACCOUT WITH YOU

NITIN KARANWAL Apr 13, 2014

confirm by email

worst service!

I have two savings accounts with HDFC Bank, one loan account and one credit card account and I had a good image of HDFC Bank but today that has been shattered by its employees. I visited the Malakpet, Hyderabad branch to deposit amount in my savings account so that my EMI of HDFC Personnel loan gets debited, but before that I had to check the balance in my account and according to that i had to deposit. When I reached the onsite atm at Malakpet branch one of the machine was not working because of which i had to wait for fifteen minutes due to which I was late at the counter for five to ten minutes,but the employee Mr.G.Sudheer took the amount of all the people in front of me but didn't accept my amount and said that I am late by ten minutes, I requested him that the atm was not working because of which i got late and requested him that I am coming from a far distance, but he rudely continued saying come tomorrow.I took this matter to the bank manager Mr.Sk.V.N.Viswanath he went, met his employee, listened to him and said come tomorrow, being a manager he himself was not ready to understand the customer problem, then what should we accept from his subordinates. I will request my company Hr to close the accounts of all the employees, because of the rude behavior and service of the bank employees. I want to have a written apology from the bank manager and the employee or else I will move to consumer redressel forum. I think HDFC Bank people should send their employees for a day and make them see the way icici bank employees deal with their customers... because of which they are number one.

With Regards,
Habeeb Ahsan Al Hashmi

• Pe
    peter Aug 01, 2008

i'am facing problem of atm's in gandhi nagar near lower tank bund if i want to draw money i nee dto go to shopper's stop or rtc cross roads so pls do need ful

• Gu
    Guru Raj Nandyal Sep 14, 2008

Dear Sir,

this is Usha Lakshmi Aluru giving this mail. I would like to know my car (Santro XO) loan outstanding and my loan account no. I have taken the car on 21July 2006. My car reg no: APo9BE2620, Santro Xing car.

I have mentioned my husbands email id, kindly correspond to that . I want to clear the loan amount from u.

With regards.

Usha Lakshmi Aluru .

arshad Oct 27, 2008

hi sir my atm was misplace i dont no 2 what i do plz

excess amount withdrawn from my hdfc saving accounts

Re: HDFC

This is to inform you that your bank has been withdrawn Rs 5000/-from my saving account towards the outstanding of Credit Card. The bank did not take any confirmation before auto withdrawn.

Please note that neither I received any statement from the bank nor get any information for the o/s, so how can the bank withdraw money from my account.

In October 2006 my card has been closed by bank and confirmed o/s of Rs.3000/- but the actual o/s was only Rs.1862/- which I was ready to pay and settle the a/c, but the bank did not taken any initiative. Now in April 2007 the bank has withdrawn Rs.5000/- from my saving a/c, which is totally illegal.

So Please deposit Rs.3000/- in my a/c which the bank has withdrawn illegally form my HDFC saving a/c.

If the bank will not deposit the excess amount withdrawn I will take a legal action.

Thanks & Regards,

BHOPURA-275302
GAZIABAD-UP

Martin Sep 04, 2007

Hey Puneet,

I think we both are sailing in the same boat I had a due of 300Rs with HDFC credit card I made all payments requested them for a F&F statement and collect the amount but the did not now after one and a half year later they take out 6000RS from my saving account without any notification .

Martin
    Cell No 9871711622
    Gurgaon

abusive calls

I got a call from HDFC credit card collection department. I made my payment through cheque and not cash which didn't seem favorable to this lady of HDFC. so, she said "Shut Up" to me and banged the phone down!!!

then i called up the collection dept to complaint about this. I had to Speak to 7 People... Had to call 8-9 times as people were not ready to take the complaint and were banging down the phone. I spoke to Ritika, Sunaina (supposed to be the floor manager... who was shouting on top her voice and banged the phone on me!!!), prachi (who was helpful but lied that she was the floor manager!!!) siddarth (wrong name), Anita ( supposedly the real floor manager who also banged the phone down!!!)

The condition of this call center is terrible. I hate to be card holder of this company! Will just call to discontinue my services!

• Hu
    Humiliatedcustomer Aug 24, 2010

I agree with this.. HDFC collection agency is horrible to deal with.. they are trained to humiliate customers..
    I would say to HDFC bank - Please force those customers who intentinally donot want to pay.. why do you torcher the honest customers who want to pay but may get late due to certain unavoidable reasons.. in any case bank is charging late fine, financial charges etc etc.. why the hell customers will listen to harsh words even after paying extreme high charges for the delay.

unmannered and abusive language of customer

Re: HDFC Bank

Regret to say & feeling very bad that I had opted HDFC Bank Ltd. for credit card facility.

This is with reference to an invoice dated 19th Apr, 2007 against above credit card in my account. It shows a minimum due amount of Rs.2330/-. Because of some urgency with some personal matters, I couldn’t pay the minimum due amount & then I have planned to pay with late fee against the next invoice of HDFC Bank Ltd. for the month of May, 07.

On 21st May, 2007 at around 1622 hrs., I have received a call from your collection executive named Mr. Siddhartha from the telephone no. 011-[protected] asking for the minimum due payment on behalf of HDFC Bank Ltd. I have shown my helplessness & assured him to make the payment next month along with the late fee. Have shared below facts with him –

1) Since last 03 years, I am a HDFC Bank customer & using the card very regularly.
2) Making the payment regularly as shown in the invoices.
3) It has happened in the past also, that I have missed on the minimum due on certain occasions, but as I am fully aware of Bank’s terms & conditions, I have paid the amount very next month along with the late fee.
4) This due is only against last month’s invoice, not since last 4-5 months.

But, in his whole conversation, this gentleman was totally raw, ill mannered with very rough & abusive language.
The way he has dealt with myself, doesn’t give a good sign on HDFC part. If this person is one of the employees of HDFC name, I am afraid of HDFC’s future.

I have tried to speak to him to make him understand that though you are in collection department, but you cannot deal with every customer in the same way, can’t use bad language, can’t abuse so easily... but the vocabulary that he has shown very seemed to be much handy with him and sounded as “harami” ... ”haramzada”... ”teri aukat nahi hai”... ”kutte ki aulad” etc.. etc... (and so many other “bad sayings”, that I cannot write)

I want a responsible person to take a serious now, as your executives cannot speak like this…whatever they want to…whenever they want to…with whom so ever they want to…

With the lot of dis-appointment, waiting for a response on this message.

Prashant Jun 03, 2008

The same thing happend with me also brother with SBI credit card and all i had to do is write a letter to their head of dept and await for the response if u dont get proper response please escilate this issue to court, follow the correct procedure and your concern will be taken care by them or by court.

Prashant.

false credit card payments

I am holding hdfc 2 credit cards.

As per bank people instructions I have clear the amount on 27/01/2007 for both the cards and the executive collected the cards from me. I have collected the customer copy from executives for the payment and executive has mentioned clearly on the receipt like "no dues and clear the amount" and executive has collected the credit cards from me.

After 2 months again I am getting so many calls from agencies to pay the payment without using the card and cards are collected on 27/01/2007. Regarding this I have talked to bank people and I have sent mail also but I didn't receive any response from bank side. Regarding this I have spoken with customer care on 23/04/2007 at 3pm and the reference no is [protected].

But till now I didn't receive any response from bank but I am getting calls from hyderabad and bangalore from agencies and they are talking fallaciously words with my parents and to me also.

Arun Verma May 20, 2008

I have a Addon card with your bank, I have deposite 10000 rs on dated 28.4.2008 but payment was not updated in my account till date, my present statement show the balance in my account 10000 also.

Why my payment of 10000 is not deposite/transfer in my card account

More clarificaiton call on 9914692951

Rakesh24 Sep 04, 2012

I have sent a request regarding closing my credit card no. 5176 3510 0074 8479 in 2007 but up to date the card is still working and bill is still coming which is totally false i would like to report a complaint about this and I want to destroy my credit card as soon as possible please take strict actions regarding this problem as soon as possible . I have paid all the due amount so i would like to close my credit card and please grant me NOC or i would have to take legal actions against it..
    my mail id is [email protected]
    my house no is-noida sec-52, 175-c arravalli app.

MANISH TAWAR Jul 29, 2013

sir,
    i am Manish Tawar my credit card no 5242160000841394
    i purchased mobile phone on 12 EMI but i had to pay whole amount at a time with processing fee n 2% bank charges.
    i would like to convert it in to 12 EMI's as soon as possible i need positive approach from your side otherwise i would have to take legal actions against the same and i am not going to pay even a rupee further..
    i am attaching purchasing sleep n card bill which is showing about 12 EMI
    and my mob no 8983252260
    my email id [email protected]
    rply me on my email or on my no.

non receipt of statements

I have a hdfc credit card and i have signed up for the statement online as i travel a lot. So far they have...

late fee charges

I’m using, my HDFC Credit Card from past one year. I had found Rs.4000/- Late fee charged in my statement. I...

hdfc do not pay insurance

My brother had HDFC bank 'value plus ' credit card no; [protected] and name is d.b. avaiya and he was death in road accident. So i inquiry in HDFC bank for his personal accident insurance. They told me he get 1 lacs insurance then i submit all the document on 22-22-2007 but don't get any answer.

overbilling without purchase

I am a credit card holder of hdfc bank since last two years. In the month of sep 2006 i purchased online airticket from indian airlines after booking i cancelled the same and merchant has reversed back the same amount that is rs. 4355 which is showing in the next month bill of hdfc. But at the same time the statement is again showing debited from my a/c. After notice this i called several times to hdfc bank customer care they are just giving me assurance that it will be rectify soon and kindly bear with us. In this regard i've given lot of emails and written letter to bank . But sometimes they reply we r looking the matter on the priority basis but nothing has happened still i am getting the bill with late fine and interest charges. Now i got the mail from hdfc suggesting kindly liase with the merchant. Copy bof the mail i am attaching below.

Dear Mr. Singh,

This is further to your e mail regarding the card account.

At the outset, we sincerely regret the inordinate delay in our response. We kindly request you to treat the same as an exception as we are committed to providing quality customer service.

With reference to your query on the transaction of Rs. 4,355 incurred at M/s. Indian Airlines. we wish to reiterate that as per our records the above mentioned transaction credited back to your card account and subsequently was charged again by the merchant .

Hence, we request you to liaise with the merchant for further assistance regarding refund of the above mentioned transaction on your card account.

Further, we wish to confirm that in appreciation of your relationship with us, we have already reversed the late payment fee of Rs. 392.84 billed to your card account in January 07 statement.

We take this opportunity to confirm that the total outstanding dues on the card account as on date is Rs. 9,694.14.

We request you to quote this number " [protected] " (also given in the subject of this mail) in all your future correspondence regarding the same query.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification please feel free to contact our Customer Service Executives at any of our 24 hour Call Center telephone numbers given below.

Assuring you of our best service always,

Sincerely,

Neeraj
Customer Service Officer

24 Hr Customer Support Center Numbers

Ahmedabad/ Baroda/ Rajkot/ Surat/ Ankleshwar/ Bharuch/ Gandhinagar/ Bardoli / Vapi / Bhavanagar/ Dahej/Silvassa/ Daman 079- [protected]
Bangalore / Mysore/ Mangalore 080-[protected]
Bhopal [protected]
Chandigarh / Ropar / Rajpura / Sohana/ Rohtak / Jammu [protected]
Chennai 044-[protected] Coimbatore / Trichy/ Erode/ Madurai [protected]
Cochin / Thiruvalla/ Calicut / Manjeri/ Chenganacherry 0484

• Vi
    vikram singh Oct 06, 2007

Dear Sir,
    I have applied for credit card of HDFC online
    But still there is no response from your side
    WHy should i expect from your side.
    Vikram Singh

• Dr
    D.Raja Apr 09, 2008

The Customer Care officer

Dear sir

My HDFC card No is 5176521000990848.

My Date of birth is 13th february 1962

Now I am shifted to Coimbatore and I want to change my mailing address. Kindly help me in this regard, because I can't able to receive my monthly card statment, therefore payment delayed.

Thanks & Regards

D.Raja

• Ka
    kailash vandre Mar 08, 2009

dear sir
    my name is kailash vandre, credit card no:4346 7810 0454 5174
    date of birth 21/10/1979
    in dec-2008 i have been oferrd the bajaj allianz mediclaim policy
    on the condition of cancellation if not required,
    but after giong through all the hard copies of policy docs. i've called customer care dept n requested for cancellation n that is confirmed by
    customer care executive. but then also HDFC bank officials sending me the SMS on my mobile no. tht Rs 7000+ AMOUNT IS DUE TOWARDS ME, whereas i've not done any purchase on my cardsince DEC-2008
    I M DOUBTFUL whether it is customer care dept OR CUSTOMER HARRASMENT DEPT
    PL DO THE NEEDFUL OTHERWISE I'L CLOSE THE ACCOUNT N ALSO NO Q'S TO PAY THE BILL

KAILASH SHANTARAM VANDRE

misbhave

I am gourav gaba touch with your bank from past 1yr. . But its very surprising when I was using my atm of ing vayasa bank in your atm machine at
Pehowa distt. Kurukshetra pin code 136128, newly establish then my card had been jamed in your atm machine. Then I talked to your executive mr bhupinder singh he said that we would destroyed your card please issue new card I think its not a solution. After frustrating I gone to area manager mr. Ashish bharti I called him for help but he was just moving with mr. Bhupinder idea he didnt have his mind and he insulted me. Pehowa is small town if your emloyee talk with client with this way you can, t be grow in pehowa. I had gone to open my father account but I changed the mind after see your staff behave. I and my relative have 14 accounts in your bank. We always praise to yr bank its provide always good service 1st time I got this service.

Please help me. Please do the needful.

Thanks & regards,

Gourav gaba

([protected])

hdfc and rbi complaint book

Hdfc bank have "complaint book issued by rbi". Remember its a complaint book not any online service
Write your issue in it only hdfc manager like "ashwini gupta" of rani bagh branch may stop you in writing that do write in rbi complaint book.

prantor kotoky Mar 07, 2008

non receipt of statement

• Si
    Sinija VB Oct 23, 2008

The HDFC credit Card Dept is harrassing towards the stloen card payment wherein I ahve informed the the bank reaging the lose of card & even submitted the FIR ack also.
    Top of that they have hold my salary account in the same bank.

Account No : 00411050038099

• Si
    Sinija VB Oct 23, 2008

The HDFC credit Card Departmnet is harrassing towards the stolen card payment wherein I have informed the the bank regarding the lose of card & even submitted the FIR acknowledgment also.
    Top of that they have hold my salary account in the same bank.

Account No : 00411050038099

Kindly help.

• Ga
    Gajanana Rama Hegde Nov 24, 2008

Hi,

This regarding the charges made to my HDFC Gold card. When I paid the amount in cash, they charged me Rs 50+ Rs 6 as service charges. This is really unfair. Bank is not done any favour to customer by receiving money on credit card, but they charged with amount.

Prakash g vadgama Dec 11, 2009

There is an issue with the debiting of Rs.280/- from my account, and its been harrashed by the bank peoples at there one of the aundh branch. Please look into the matter as fast as possible.

Account No:-01041050143149

• Na
    Nachil May 31, 2011

I have closed my HDFC Credit Card thru settlement in 2010. I have requsted for NO-DUE letter and with much pressure the Bank issued letter but without full credit card number like 1234 xxx xxxx 6789. I takenup with the Bank and the bank officials maintained that they issue NO-DUE letter without full Card number only. When the card is closed why they are not issuing the letter with full card number. This shows their intention that they may again reach the customer with some other dues even for the closed card. Please take care of the Credit card closed A/cs and take the NO-DUE letter properly or else they will land you in trouble after some time.

• Dear customer,

Due to information security policy, we do not mention full card details, whether closed or open, to avoid any kind of misuse. Moreover we wish to inform that the last 4 digits are unique numbers, to identify who the card belongs to.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank

hdfc bank is hopeless bank!

HDFC Bank is hopeless bank my personal exp and comments

First Person open a/c with HDFC Bank and there agent keep on calling like hell. After they issue Credit Card on There own link with your account then after 2 year they come we paid you so and so bill please pay us with penalty

Beggers on Road side are good than HDFC back you can see begger face daily but daily person of HDFC back change

HDFC Banker's say we will take up your case personally HDFC people donot to work professionally

Every time you drop a mail drop a copy to aditya.[protected]@hdfcbank.com it will help

Remember every back has COMPLAINT Books issued by RBI log complaint there Bank Manager will come out Sir / Mam we really apologizes for the deed please do not write in complaint book

Go and fill that

with full of frustration I am writing this complaint about hdfc bank

With full of frustration I am writing this complaint. If anyone can help me please give the appropriate person call number because the phone bankers are again delaying to look at the complaint. The issue is as follows:

1. I have given the request to change the address by April 26 2007.
2. I went and inquired whether the address is modified by April 30 2007 and got it informed tat they will change the address by May 3rd or May 4th
3.Then again i went and inquired on May 4th and got informed tat they didn't update the address.
5. I fought with the guy like a manager and got the DD's to apply for my visa and the bank statement for 6 months on May 4th.
6. But in spite of all my struggle the statement given was with the old address and hence my visa was returned from the visa agent on May 9th
7. On May 10 I again went to them to get the new statement with my new address but now the concerned person is saying tat the address is not yet modified as he thinks tat the form may be lost and he asked to give the new form. With full of frustrations I walked out of the place.

I am in full frustration. As a customer how can we handle such a humiliating and irresponsible activity from an organization like HDFC. I have to bear the loss of getting back my visa and after affects of that.

charan May 17, 2007

I am facing the same problem.

mary Jun 01, 2007

They bank service is pathetic. Customer service is very bad and they are rude. The bank charges for everything if you don't maintain the balance for one days also and it is not AQB. According to them it is per day which they don't mention when u open an account. Very bad service. They charge and make money from customers.

Nipun Tulsyan Oct 20, 2007

You take the acknowledgment of the request that you have given and there after if they are irresponsive you can just raise a complaint against the concerned officer and his recklessness of the performance of duties.

Nipun.

• Gv
    G VIJABHASKER REDDY Dec 10, 2007

This is to bring to your kind notice that I, G.Vijay Bhaskar Reddy working as Asst.Manegar (YOU TELECOM INDIA (P) LTD CUSTOMER CARE , applied for credit and unfortunately my House address and date of birth were entered wrong in the application by your sales executive . WITH THAT SAME ONE OF YOUR CRADIT VERRYFICATION EXECUTIVE VISITED WITH RE VERRYCATION FORM MY WORKS PALCE .AND HE HAS COLLECTED MY SIGN ON REVERRYFICATION FORM & verification was over and your executive with the incorrect Flat No 204 did the residential verification. Please be noted, my DOB: 24.04.1974 and my residential address given below.

G.Vijay Bhaskar Reddy

F.No:104 (OWNED)

Sri devi residency

plot no 38

HNO 30-266/38

Venkateshwara colony extn 2

Old Safilguda

Secunderabad

Please expedite my credit card clearance and make me aware on the application status.

Thanks and regards,
    G. Vijay bhaskar Reddy
    Asst maneger (customer care)
    youtelecom india (p) ltd
    mob.9966921601 & 9908015833
    Mail [email protected]

• Vn
    V.NARASIMHAPANI Dec 16, 2007

I am a credit card holder of HDFC bank and the card Number 4050-2820-0017-3596. I am regular in payments of credit card dues. Unfortunately for the last 4 months even I drop the cheque at the HDFC drop box at Paradise, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh in time, the authorities state that the payment is not received in time and charging interest and late fee charges. It became a regular practice of the bank.

terrible hdfc customer care experience

I am hdfc credit card customer since 1 year. Today I had called to your customer care, bangalore office on...

making fool of their existing customers

I wanted to apply for a personal loan and I thought it would be best if I apply in the bank where my salary...

credit card penalties

Credit card was given on the condition that first year no charges will be levied. Inspire of this Rs. bill was issued by bank for Rs. 540 for credit card account opening charges, after received the bill i wrote a letter to HDFC bank. Bank has assured that account opening charges will be reversed and same has been reversed in time. But penalty for non payment of credit card account opening charges have debited in my account and that amount was increased up to Rs. 2800. This is not justified. Bank cannot charged on those amount which is not payable by customer.

praful purohit Jul 16, 2008

Please chor BANK se door rahe

From:
    "Prafulnath Purohit" <[email protected]>
    View contact details
    To:
    [email protected], [email protected]
    Cc:
    "A26" <[email protected]>, "A26" <[email protected]>, "aa123" <[email protected]>, "AAA sexy" <[email protected]>, "aaa111" <[email protected]>, "aaa111" <[email protected]>, "aaa123" <[email protected]>, "AAAA sexy" <[email protected]>, "AAAAA SEXY" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "Aishwarya-Rai" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "ANIRUDH SETHI" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], "babbal" <[email protected]>, "baggaji" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], "covered" <[email protected]>, "deepti sharma" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "foregin2" <[email protected]>, "foreign" <[email protected]>, "foreign3" <[email protected]>, "g3" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "hitesh bansal" <[email protected]>, "jatin" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "lady" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], "manisha" <[email protected]>, "Manoj Dixit" <[email protected]>, "mansi shah" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "manu" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "medha mukhija" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], "Nathu Singh Chaudhary" <[email protected]>, "neeraj" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]ndiatimes.com, [email protected], "piks" <[email protected]>, "pintu" <[email protected]>, "Power-Play-India" <[email protected]>, "praful" <[email protected]>, "praful purohit" <[email protected]>, "prakash gaba" <[email protected]>, "Prashant Kumar Pandey" <[email protected]>, "Punyam Misra" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "rakesh jagdhari" <[email protected]>, "renu sharma" <[email protected]>, "stock_picks" <[email protected]>, "sunny" <[email protected]>, [email protected], "technical" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], "Vinay Garg" <[email protected]>, "yogesh prajapati" <[email protected]>, "yudhisthir das" <[email protected]>... more

Respected Indain Investors,
    mai aapko ek HDFC BANK Credit Card ki hakikat batana chahta hoo.card No. xxxxxxxxxxxx8360 par 22-06-2008 ko Mr. XYZ Ka due payment 6484=84 Rs bataya gaya tha aaj uske pass jo mobile par due balance 13973=00 Rs bataya gaya per month kitna interest liya jata hai aap all investors dekh le ye credit card chalane wale or inke customer service par baithe all employee cheeter hai chor hai daku hai jo ye is tarah ke kaam karte hai is credit card no. wale insaan ne kitne hi mail kiye par inke koi farak nahi padta hai is liye meri aap sabhi se ye recovest hai ki jinke pass bhi credit card HDFC BANK ka hai wo is ko immediatly close karwa le or in future in ki koi service na le ham log ek dam se pagal hai jo bina kuchch bole inki manmaani par action nahi lete hai.agar kisi ko koi bhi information lena ho to is no. par contact kare +919893458473.praful purohitratlamm.p

• THIS is to add from my side these HDFC CARD PEOPLE & SPECIALY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVES ARE BEYOND CHEATERS ? ROBBERS AS THESE PEOPLE IN PITY HELP THE DISTRESSED BUT THIS HDFC BANK PEOPLE COMPELL THE CUSTOMER TO CREATE FRAUD BY PRESSURISING & FREQUENT CALLING THESE PEOPLE THOUGH OPERATING IN INDIA & MAY BE MOST OF THEM ARE INDIANS HAVE NOT YET LEARNED INDIAN CULTURE & THE INDIAN ETIQUETTES HENCE THEY TAKE THE CUSTOMER FOR GRANTED AND N NUMBER OF PEOPLE CALL ONLY ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER FOR THE SAME SILLY CAUSE & KEEP AWAY THE MAIN COMPLAINTS TO BUY OUT THE TIME SO THAT THE CUSTOMER IS FRUSTATED .THGIS IS MY COMPLAINT AS UNDER NOT YET REPLIED

It was pleasure at last I got a reply may not totaly irrelevant but not precise too .I further repeat my words with Poonam madam on Oct 20, 2008 that the worst condition of Consumer / Customer is in India where any company / Institution can rule the Customer and for a sound reputed esteemed bank like HDFC it should not take even minutes to understand penalties / assets / liabilities .When the penalties or charges in other words like Rs.700 for check bouncing, interest on delayed credit card payment is documented the bank's liabilities towards compelling the customer to lead to fraud & sending gundas, recovery agents for HDFC CARD payments with ICICI bank I CARD entering the house is surely due to the recovery agents appointed by the bank but where there is no undue recovery this is a thief entering the HDFC Card customer's house without knocking & trying to steal goods & when noticed showing the ICICI Identity card yet this is brought to the notice of the Local HDFC Branch Manager & Confirmed alas GOD BLESS them those who are spelling out to fetch justice but cannnot .SO MADAM ITS FINALY A CHALLENGE PLEASE SAVE THIS DOCUMENT AS PRINTED COPY THAT HDFC CANNOT FETCH ITS CUSTOMERS THE RIGHT, JUDICIOUS & LEGIMATE JUSTICE BECAUSE IT WILL AFFECT TO GREAT EXTENT.BECAUSE IF YOU REALY GO THROUGH THE SEQUENCE, STUDY IT CRITICALY THEN TELL ME IS IT WORTH TO DISCUSS ABOUT THIS COMPLAINT ON PHONE ONLY JUST TO CONVINCE ME THAT MY CARD IS SENT ON MY CARE OF ADDRESS PLEASE FORGET THE BANK HAS NOT DONE ME A FAVOUR BUT THE OFFICIALS HAVE TRIED TO SAVE THEIR JOB DUE ON THE VERGE OF FIRED OFF DUE TO THEIR OWN MISTAKES.
    MY HDFC GOLD CARD No. 4346781000454967 EXPIRED ON 30.11.2006
    I BROKE IT & DROPEED IT IN THE ATM DROP BOX AT AMRAVATI WITH AN APPLICATION TO ISSUE NEW CARD .I DIDNOT GET THE CARD WHILE IT WAS SENT BECAUSE I WAS ON TOUR & MISSED THE DATES THE CARD WAS SENT I THINK TWICE AT AMRAVATI.I HAD TALKED WITH THE CONCERNED PEOPLE .THIS CORRECT TO VERIFY THAT THE CARD COULD NOT BE DELIVERED IN 2007.
    AS DUE TO TRANSFER I SHIFTED TO JALNA & TRANSFERED MY ACCOUNTS TO JALNA HDFC BANK ( YOU CONFIRM THE DATE & TRANSFER TOO) THEN I CALLED ON THE CARD CALL CENTRE No. FOR ENQUIRING
    1. THAT CAN I GET THE CARD ON THE ADDRESS I HAVE FOR MY HDFC ACCOUNTS . "REPLY WAS YES "
    2.I CLEARLY TOLD THE LADY ON PHONE MY ADDRESS IS
    P.S.PATIL
    C/o ASHOK S TELANG
    17, STATE BANK COLONY
    KARWA NAGAR
    JALNA 431203
    I PURPOSELY ASKED HER THAT IS IT POSSIBLE TO DELIVER THE CARD ON THIS ADDRESS THE LADY REPLIED YES YOU JUST SEND US THE FAX .
    I SENT THE FAX I HAVE COPY WITH ME .
    THEN THERE FOLLOWED A SILENCE ZONE OF SOME 25 -30 DAYS WHERE I HAD TO AGAIN CALL TO ENQUIRE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DELIVERY OF CARD THAT TIME THE REPLY BLASTED OUT AT ME WAS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE CARD CANNOT BE DELIVERED AT C/o ADDRESS.
    3.WHAT A POOR MAN LIKE ME CAN DO AGAINST THE GIANT BANK LIKE HDFC & ITS EMPLOYEES HAD TO REQUEST FREQUENTLY THEN I MET A CUSTOMER SERVICE LIKE THE BESTOWMENT OF RELIEF THAT OF A GOD HE WAAS REALY INTELLIGENT BUT HIS MISTAKE WAS HE THOUGHT THE CUSTOMERS ARE REALY FOOLS .
    HE ASKED ME SEND A FAX OR LETTER JUST OMMITING OUT THE C/o WORD FROM THE ADDRESS SO THAT HE CAN ARRANGE THE DELIVERY OF THE CARD .
    BUT I WAS SUDDENLY SHOCKED AS I REALISE SENDING THE SAME DOCUMENT IN TWO TYPES IS EQUALY A FRAUD HENCE I PAID FEES TO ASK THE LEGAL PEOPLE IF I SEND THE FAX WITHOUT C/o WORD WON'T IT BE FRAUD OR FRADULENT ACT OF MINE ALL TOLD ME I WAS CORRECT SO CONVEYED THE GENTLEMAN THAT I DON'T WANT COMMIT A FRAUD .
    ONE FINE MORNING A COURIER GUY BOUGHT THE CARD WHICH I POLITELY REFUSED TO ACCEPT AS I HAD INTIMATED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVE THAT UNLESS YOU SEND ME THE DETAILS OF
    1. THE DELIVERY OF CARD WILL BE AT XYZ ADDRESS & THE ADDRESS IS ACCEPTED BECAUSE TOMORROW SOME OTHER WISE EMPLOYEE OF THE BANK SHOULD NOT OPEN UP QUERRY TO PROVE HIS WORTH & CAUSE THE DEATH OF THE CUSTOMER.
    2.WHAT ARE THE LIABILITIES OF BANK TOWARDS THE CUSTOMER FOR
    TORTURING HIM CONTINUOUSLY ON PHONE
    MISLEADING HIM & HIS QUERRIES
    CAUSING SEVERE FRUSTATION TO THE CUSTOMER PURPOSEFULLY
    CALLING THE CUSTOMER WITHOUT PRIOR APPOINTMENT AT ANY TIME
    WHAT ABOUT THE LOSSES DUE TO THE 17000 OR SO RUPEES WHICH COULDN'T BE TURNED OVER DUE TO THE HDFC EMPLOYEES MISTAKE
    3.IT WAS SURPRISING THAT I GET ALL THE MAILS CORRECTLY I GET THE PROMOTION OFFERS CORRECTLY ON THIS SAME ID AGAIN THERE WAS ENQUIRY IN REALY DESCENT WORDS THRICE BY SOME MADAM ABOUT MY EMAIL ADDRESS.
    4.BEING A LIFE MEMBER OF THE HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANISATION, CONSUMER CONSORTIUM & A TRUE SELFLESS WORKER FOR THE CONSUMERS / CUSTOMER'S RIGHTS I HAVE PUT MANY PEOPLE ON THE TASK TO STUDY AND CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE BANK CAN BE FETCHED TO THE PRESS AS PER MY WILL & THE RIGHT ENTRUSTED BY THE CONSTITUTION TO ME AS THE CITIZEN OF THE DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY INDIA.AS I DON'T WANT TO HIDE PLEASE BE INFORMED ON THIS ASPECT.
    5. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE MAESTRO WAS REALY KIND LIKE SANTA CLAUS TO PLEASE ME THAT THE BANK HAS ADDED FEW POINTS AS BONUS POINTS FOR THE CREDIT OF Rs 17000 .CONVEY MY THANKS TO HIM WITH A MESSAGE THAT I AM NOT A BEGGAR TO BE PLEASED FOR THE FEW POINTS I DON'T NEED THEM CAUSE I HAVE PERFORMED MY DUTIES & NOW I NEED MY RIGHTS .
    I BELIEVE IN MISTAKES CAN BE FORGIVEN BUT BLUNDERS MUST BE PUNISHED .
    6.FURTHER YOUR STAFF BELIEVES OR RATHER IS FUND OF DISCUSSING ISSUES ON PHONE ONLY PLEASE TELL THEM THAT THE CUSTOMERS HAVE OTHER WORKS LIKE WORKING TO EARN DUE TO WHICH THEY ARE ABLE TO AFFORD THE ONE WAY LEVIES OF THE BANK LIKE CHEQUE BOUNCING CHARGE, MINIMUM BALANCE CHARGE, HIGH VALUE CHEQUE CLEARING CHARGE AND HENCE THE HDFC EMPLOYEES SHOULD NOT DISTURB THEM WITHOUT PRIOR APPOINTMENT.
    7.MY OFFER STILL OPEN IF THE PEOPLE DEALING WITH MY COMPLAINTS ARE GENUINE TO THE CAUSE THEN I AM READY TO BEAR THE
    A] AIR TICKETS TO & FRO UPTO AURANGABAD FROM ANY DESTINATION IN INDIA
    B] ONE FULL DAY STAY IN HOTEL RAMA AURANGABAD
    C] AIR CONDITIONED TAXI SERVICE TO & FRO TO JALNA TO DISCUSS WITH ME ABOUT MY COMPLAINTS AND ONCE FOR GET ME RID OFF FROM THIS PHONE TORTURES WHICH HAS LED TO
    1.IMPARING OF HEARING
    2.CONTINUOUS HEAD ACHE .
    3.INCREASE IN BP.
    4.ALWAYS FRUSTATED MOOD AFFECTING MY DAILY WORK
    5.BEARING TORTURES OF THE BANK PEOPLE HAS CHANGED MY WAY OF DEALING WITH PEOPLE THAT I HAVE STARTED FROWNING FREQUENTLY.
    PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ASK YOUR CALL CENTRE PEOPLE THAT PHONE ARE FOR TALKING FOR MINUTES & NOT HOURS .
    THIS ALL AS TIME IS RUNNING OUT ABOUT THE CURRENT COMPLAINT SITUATION YET BE ASSURED I AM CONFIDENT THAT HDFC IS NOT A RESPONSIBLE BANK AS THE COMPLAINT OF GUNDAS COMING FOR RECOVERY WITHOUT ANY REASON AND ASKIN ME COME TO CHOWK WAS CONFIRMED IN PERSON WITH THE HDFC AMRAVATI BRANCH MANAGER IN 2004 YET NO REPLY SO MUCH RESPONSIBLE IS HDFC THE GREAT & ESTEEMED BANK OF INDIA .THE EMPLOYEES ARE IN ILLUSION THAT WHAT CUSTOMER CAN AFFECT THEIR GREAT STRENGTH OF THE BANK THEY ARE ALSO RIGHT .HENCE THE JUSTICE IS FLATLY DENIED I SAY LIKE THIS BECAUSE MAY I HAVE LEARNT IT WRONG IN MY CHILD HOOD THAT " JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED "
    CERTAINLY HDFC HAS DENIED ME THE RIGHTFUL JUSTICE ALONGWITH THE GIFT OF TORTURES, FRUSTATION, FORCING ME TO LEAD TO COMMIT FRAUD UNKNOWINGLY, THE RECOVERY GUNDAS ASKING ME THAT WHEN I WAS NOT CAPABLE RATHER IN THEIR WORDS " SAALE TERI AUKAAT NAHI THEE TO CREDIT CARD KYO LIYA " HERE PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY AUKAT OR STANDING WAS SUBMITTED IN TERMS OF THE PAPERS AGAINST WHICH I WAS GIVEN THE CARD THEN WHO ARE THESE HULIGANS GUNDAS AS COLLECTION AGENTS TO THREAT ME ME IN SUCH WORDS AND YET AFTER CONFIRMATION IN PERSON FACE TO FACE ALSO INFORMING Mr SHAILESH WHO WAS LOOKING THE CARDS RECOVERY IN NAGPUR ALSO IT IS RIDICULOUS WHY THE AMRAVATI BARANCH MANAGER HAS NOT TAKEN CARE & CONVEYED ME THE ACTION TAKEN .
    THANKS.
    BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN BROUGHT UP WITH A STRANGE PRINCIPLE THAT
    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 HDFC Bank Credit Cards Support wrote :
    >Dear Mr Patil,
    >This is further to your email dated October 20 2008, and subsequent
    >conversation with my colleague, Ms. Poonam Khatri
    >regarding your credit card account.
    >We take this opportunity to inform you that we are looking into the
    >concerns expressed by you and will provide our detailed response to you within
    >seven business days. We request you to bear with us in the interim
    >Assuring you of our best services always.
    >Regards,
    >Your
    > Complaint / Feedback (s) : 1.Do you know that your employees compell the
    > customers to create fraud purposefully & then harass them . 2.As you
    > have all fixed penalties like Rs.700 for bouncing of Cheques etc do you
    > have the rules for the liabilities to be born by the bank for the mistakes
    > of the bank & bank's employees . 3. Do oyu agree that your branches
    > sends gundas for the recovery collection which is not over due & these
    > hooligans talk very raw at home or on street with the customers .
    >Are
    > you HDFC Bank's Customer? : Yes
    >Relation with Bank : Credit Card
    > Holder
    >Account / Credit Card / Loan Account No. :
    > 4346781000454967
    >Branch Name :
    > AMRAVATI
    >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >"Disclaimer: The information contained herein (including any accompanying documents) is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you have erroneously received this message, please immediately delete it and notify the sender. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or any accompanying document is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The organization is not responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration of the e-mail by a third party or otherwise .The contents of this message may not necessarily represent the views or policies of HDFC Bank Ltd. "

Rajnish Sharma Nov 07, 2008

I am being Harassed by you leagal Advisor Mr. sudhanshu sharma from Bangalore. When I am ready to pay the amount and that too at one shot, why the helll you are supposed to call my office and threaten my parents. I am not going to pay any thing now till the time i talk to people who have threatened my parents.

Rajnish Sharma

harassing people who are no longer their customers

I had HDFC Credit Card some 2-3 years back. I cancelled the card as didn't need to pay the yearly charges that they had put on my card and i had another card free of annual charges... but HDFC Credit Card guys keep calling me and keep telling that i have some amount due to pay which is so ridiculous as never made any purchase... They keep adding yearly cards to the card that i cancelled and keep calling me... They are the most unprofessional bank i have ever had the misfortune to interact with...

• As
    ashwin kumar Jun 01, 2007

Pal,

Do not settle for anything, verify lawyers credentials and do not worry read the full mail below and visit the sites I have given and share this knowledge - THIS IS CRUCIAL.

Good Luck

New Delhi - 110001
    Tel No. 011-23725219/23710882/23725445
    Fax No. 011-23725218
    email: [email protected]

Next go online and file a case online at

http://www.bcsalliance.com/x_creditcardtricks1.html [ full info on credit cards ]

Tactics Credit Card Companies Use to Get You to Pay More

Although the credit card industry earns more than one trillion every year, they aren't satisfied with that, and have adopted dubious tactics to further fatten their wallets. Late and over-the-limit fees now account for more than half of their revenues, so they like to encourage or trick customers into paying some sort of penalty fee. And they are now only getting away with it, but they keep raising their fees up and up -- just a few years ago a penalty fee was about $10. Now the average is $29.00. Consumer groups estimate that soon these fees will average $59.00.

Late and over-the-limit fees are not the only methods companies use to rake in trillions each year. There are also the credit insurance programs, universal default policies, dishonest marketing campaigns and other stupid card tricks. Many of the major issuers -- First USA (now Chase), Chase, Capital One, Providian (now owned by Washington Mutual), Citibank -- have been sued over allegations of unfair billing practices and accused of blatantly using tactics to cheat customers out of money. Some of these tactics are outlined below.

Not posting your payment on the day it's received -- Federal law requires credit card companies to post your payment on the date it is received. If they fail to do so, they cannot assess you late charges or added finance charges. Still, a common tactic most card issuers use is to post only those payments received by 9:00 a.m. or 3:00 p.m. on a given date. Payments received at 9:01 a.m. are posted the next day despite the fact that all the major card issuers have payment processing centers that operate 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Best way to fight back: Send in your payment at least 10 days before the due date. If you can't do that for one reason or another, arrange to make your payments electronically by signing up at your credit card issuer's website so you can quickly zap a payment to them and they can't claim that they didn't receive your mailed payment until after the due date. It is interesting to note that almost all of the major credit card banks used to allow customers to quickly zap a payment to them via Paypal.com free of charge. Of course, this must have put a big dent in their late fee revenue so some of them stopped allowing this (Providian and First USA to name two).

Tricking you in to paying late -- Federal law requires that credit card issuers mail you your statement at least two weeks before the due date, so companies have to resort to other tactics to get you to pay late. You know that your credit card payment is due on the 25th of the month, or do you? Your issuer might suddenly change it to the 20th of each month to try and get you to mail it in late. If it's received late, they will slap you with a $39.00 late fee. If it's late two or more times, they can legally increase your interest rate dramatically, to as much as 29%. At various times, several credit card issuers have even resorted to not mailing out statements at all to encourage customers to pay late under the theory that "it is a courtesy that we mail statements out, not a requirement." [First USA actually used that as an excuse once and lost many customers as a result.]. Best way to fight back: Always open your monthly statement immediately upon receipt and check the due date. Don't be surprised if it has suddenly moved up five days and you received your statement "late". You might have to immediately write a check and get it in the mail that day to allow at least seven days for it to get to them before the due date. You don't want it to arrive at 9:01 on the due date do you? If it does, you will be assessed a late fee.

Penalizing you for carrying a big balance -- If you carry a high balance on your credit card month-to-month, don't be surprised if you one day notice a small paragraph on your monthly statement that informs you your interest rate is going to increase from 7% to 28% next month. What the credit card company doesn't tell you when you sign up for the card with the low interest rate is that they almost always raise the interest rate dramatically on people who never pay down a high balance on the credit card or carry big balances with other credit card companies. It doesn't matter to them that you have always paid your bills on time and are never late. You can be a customer of theirs for 20 years and never be late or miss a single payment, but one day they will decide that you are no longer a good customer and raise your rate to 28%. [Citibank is notorious for doing this. Every time I see one of their ads in a magazine or TV about how much they love and respect their customers, I want to throw up.]

Credit card holder wins suit worth Re 1 lakh

The Statesman 29.5.07

Arunima Ghosh

KOLKATA, May 29: Credit cards may be a status symbol to some but for a vast majority of consumers irregularities in credit card bills can cause a great deal of harassment. The recent victory of a credit card holder against a leading bank will be a boost to such consumers who are regularly harassed by their banks.

A city consumer court has come down heavily on ICICI bank by slapping a fine of Rs 1 lakh, the highest compensation imposed by the court so far for discrepancy in credit card operations. The court of Calcutta District Forum, Unit-II, president Mr TK Ghosh and members Mr H Bhattacharya and Ms R Acharya pulled up the credit card division of the bank for recovering a loan that was never received by the customer. The bank allegedly asked the consumer to repay loan installments along with interest including late fees for a loan amounting to Rs 33,500, supposedly issued by the bank, which was neither solicited nor asked for or received by Mr Kalyan Kumar Sur. The court ordered the bank to pay Mr Sur a litigation cost of Rs 5000 along with compensation worth Rs 1 lakh.

Mr Sur was taken by surprise when his credit card statements suddenly displayed interest charges. He complained that bank did not respond to his repeated e-mails when he asked the latter to provide him with loan details. Instead the bank allegedly harassed him further by sending loan collectors to his residence.

The clause 5.1(b) under Reserve Bank of India’s credit card operation guidelines reads: “Unsolicited loan or other credit facility should not be offered to the credit card customers. In case any credit card facility is extended without the consent of the recipient, the credit sponsoring bank will be liable to pay such penalty as may be considered appropriate.” During the court proceedings the bank failed to substantiate with written documents that it had received a loan request from Mr Sur. When contacted ICICI Bank spokesperson in Mumbai said: “We are aware about this case and the bank might appeal before the state commission against the order passed by the city consumer court.”

Sajid Anjum Jul 17, 2008

The purview / guidelines set by the Reserve Bank of India

(and being followed to the 'T' by HDFC bank)

The Professional way for the Collection Method by HDFC BANK :

The usual course of business to remind of payment obligation, follow-up calls and the professional method by HDFC,
    the concerned Bank's representative initiates intimidating phone-calls to the victim's family in his absence by making unprofessional way of a routine payment follow-up call.

The concerned Bank pretend themselves some time senior police officer or some time a senior lawyer from Patiala Court .

The concerned Bank unleashes repeated threatening to the victim's wife as well as the entire family that they were coming to seal off the home (of the victim) in any moment of time.
    They repeatedly scare the victim's family by saying that “ Right now, we are at Jamia Police Station so get the entire belonging out of home
    within an hour and we are coming with a police to seal off the house”.

The concerned Bank calls the victim's home from the phone numbers (mentioned below).
    HDFC Bank rushes to the victim's account (Saving Account : 0891000075233) and withdraws the entire Savings (Fund TRF-DM-4346771003903573)on 23/11/1004 without serving any prior notice to the victim.
    The boastful calls made by HDFC's Rep over the phone with threatening like "" I am in Jamia Nagar police Station with the court order for House-to be sealed. So get out of house immediately with your belongings or deposit the outstanding within 2 hours...
    Those calls came from G I Dogra(claiming to be a senior Advocate, Phone NO: 9911214584 ) threatening to seal the home.
    Similar calls made claiming to be from Tees Hazari Court (Phone NO :9912703147, 9350416532).
    Again, a call was received claiming to be from Gurhgaon Police Station (Phone No: 9312894536).

What a mockery!! One of the call came from Sangeeta PS claiming herself to be a Senior Judge(Phone NO: 9871067704, 9910755367, 9891525423, 9911576938 ).

So I hope that when these guidelines adopted by HDFC BANK in this victim's case that is me, are referred to the RBI, these professional ways and professional methods will help RBI strengthen the Economy of the Banks concerned in a very HUMANE and HEALTHY way!!!

Please understand !!! that I have fully and very well understood the guidelines set by RBI...and applied and followed by HDFC BANK???

rahulbajaj773 Feb 14, 2009

Woah!

Great article. I completely agree. I also know of people who are getting calls from so called Police officers, who are threatening the debtors to pay off the credit card dues. The debtors are being informed that there is a 'non-bailable' arrest warrant against them. However, if they (debtors) wish to reconcile, then by making a payment to the bank could solve everything within 15 minutes!!!

• Ro
    rohit Apr 18, 2009

i am beeing harrased by HDFC people like crazy for the payments...i have been out of town and cldnt make the paymeny on time...the collection executives call and abuse on phone..they say all inds of words to u ..and on asking their name they say we are HDFC...
    i want to file a case against them...they have been harrasing like crazy...if u can take heed of it the higher authorities ...then look into it...i am filing a case against you people...

• Sh
    Shaiba Ibrar Mar 22, 2012

Posting comment does this help.
    I am the victim of this credit card division of Hdfc bank. They never sent any statemnet to me. and all of sudden i was surprised that from my account 13000 was transfered by the collection department.I thought ok fine now its finished . Now again after more then 1 year these guys wake up and without any prior notice the blocked my account. and to a surprise today when i checked 6960 was again withdrawn from my acount by the credit card department FUND TRF DM-4346781101376465. I dont know how long i have to pay which I am not owing. I am running to and fro to get hold of customer care executive for the settelment but every time i am said this is not the right department and a new number is given to me which i am unable to get through. I emailed to HDFC 2-3 times but no response.
    Please let me know what should i do. My hard earn money is goping in waste which i am not owing.

Arun198216 Dec 18, 2012

Lesson learned from personal and individual experience - Never take any credit card. CC are big fraud by MNC's

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices