HDFC Bank Personal Loan / ecs failure

1 India Review updated:

Hi,

I have a personl loan with hdfc. But my ank is obc every month theare deducting tru ecs from last 2 years. But thismont their ecs got rejected and they called me for the payment. Balance is ther in the account. As I enquired at obc, I came to know that th ecs got rejected due o som connectivit problem between banks, and all he ecss for eery bank which came to obc got rejected. Then all those banks re-submitted their ecs's and encashd their emi's.
But this hdfc pople are pressing me o pay at their counter other wise I will become a defaulter. They are making dozens of calls to me.

I explained the situation to them, they are not ina mood to understand or hear u. They say that it is our responsibility to see that the ecs gets cashed. Atually it I not my problem, the cash is lying in the account it the inability of hdfc to encash tru es, moreover they are blaing us.

If so, whydo they tae ecs, then what is their role.
I think they have to gather information from rbi or obc for the rejection of ecs. They want to put all the blames n the customer.

Jana

Comments

• Du
      26th of Mar, 2010

I'm also suffering with the similar kind of issue with the ECS for HDFC Personal loan. The people filled up my Personal loan application by wrongly entering my initial and they processed the LOAN with the same initial. I would have easily identifed through my proofs which have right name and initials appearing. But the foolish officers, managers verified all my documents just approved my loan and i received it. Now they are calling me and say the ECS is getting rejected due to my fault and i need to pay fine. When I ask them what is the problem thay say it is just a bug or technical diffuct in thier system. How ca i take that blame and pay fine to them. I really disappointed by their very very poor service. The tele callers are also talking very rude in a unproffessional manner.
    Durai, Chennai

• Gl
      6th of Sep, 2013

Yes! Some people are really a headache candidates. I am also having a similar case for my laon. The previous person was the best one who explained every possible query and all possible choices which are best for me. Later I thought of apoplying for top-up of the loan. This time, the old agent has transferred to other bank. so he arranged someother guy. This guy is a head of agony. He does all kinds of tricks to get the deal passed. He doesnt matter how the costumer feels to pay back and which option is favorouble for costumer. he instead of topping the existing loan, just opened a new loan and passed time for 20 days to get my loan credited and after that only I came to know that the guy made a complete gamble of my case and created hell lot of new problems for me. Now The ECS for first month has failed. and i didnt get any response from the person eventhough I have informed him about the situation for 20 times calling him everytime, but he is simply a lazy and unfit person.