HBC / Bedding

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I purchased a bed in a bag along with 4 pillows back in December 2008, about a week ago when I was taking apart my bed to clean the sheets, I noticed that my two shams had bugs all over them. I was freaked out I immediately took everything and placed it in a garbage bag and the next morning went right to The Bay. The manager of the store without hesitation took back the stuff and after approx. five days my account was credited. Unfortunatly, I am having a hard time finding a new bedding set that I like and not to mention one that is equivelent to the price I paid. I was hoping to receive some sort of compensation to the awful experience that I had and for the time it's taking to find something I like and goes with my decor since I decorated my room to go with the bedding. I hope to have this matter dealt with in a timely manner since it's been two weeks that I have slept with no bedding.
Lori

Comments

Jg
  29th of Jul, 2009

You purchased this stuff in Dec. 2008, so it was on YOUR bed for all these months?

I'm thinking you can't exactly the blame the bedding after all this time. I'm surprised they even took it back.

Compensation? um, no.

Sc
  13th of Feb, 2010

I 'am surprised the store even took it back. Talk about taking advantage. You had already been using it for some time, if I was the manager I would have refused to compensate for it. Some people!! That manager was very nice about it, the majority would have not accepted it.

Sk
  15th of Apr, 2010

I would be embarrassed to return used bedding... ESPECIALLY bed-bug bedding. Should'nt you have seen these bug as you put the sheets on the bed?