Hampton Bayceiliing fan

K Review updated:

I just purchased a hampton Bay Edgemont Model 557-568 ceiling fan. The LED lighting fixture is so dim as to be useless. We need more light frm this fixture. Is there a brighter light for this fan that can be installed without modification?

• P
      Sep 02, 2009

Same here and since we bought it several months ago the Home Depot store says we won't get full credit if we take it back. I've seen this LED complaint on several sites now, so they know it sucks and continue to sell it to people without a fix for the problem.

Lady at the return department says we will only get credit for it's lowest sale price and that if our model has been clearanced, we will only get a 1 cent credit! What kinda bs is that?! Shoot, the should pay ME for wasting my time installing this thing with a light that they know can't light a room.

I mean, wouldn't that also be some sort of code violation if your main light for the room is so dim that you need a flashlight to move around the room? What a crock. All their light fixtures should pass some sort of code requirement, let alone actually be installed and reviewed by someone at the store prior to deeming it a sellable item. This is not sellable.

• D
      Dec 03, 2012

MI NOMBRE ES DIANA E DE JESUS, YO COMPRE UN ABANICO DE TECHO EN HOME DEPOT EN PUERTO RICO BAYAMON Y YA NO ESTA FUNCIONANDO . el modelo es 523342 WINDWARD II 54 IN CEILING FAN. MI NUMERO DE TELEFONO ES [protected]. FAVOR DE COMUNICARSE CONMIGO PARA UN CREDITO O CAMBIO DE LA MERCANCIA. [protected]@hotmail.com gracias