H & R Block / insane fees

1 Suffern, NY, United States Review updated:

I have done my taxes for years. No issues. My boyfriend wanted me to start taking my taxes to who he uses for his so I agreed. Prior to going I ran my taxes through Turbo Tax without actually filing in order to make sure H&R Block was giving me a correct amount. We got the same amount to the dollar for both state and federal taxes except turbo tax cost me $90 and H & R Block cost me $445! I was blown away. My return is so simple and yet they charged me more than 4x what Turbo tax would charge for the EXACT same Refund. You got me this year H &R but NEVER AGAIN! Talk about highway robbery!

As
Apr 8, 2013

Comments

• Br
      8th of Apr, 2013

It is always going to cost more for a professional tax preparer. What is insane is that you seem surprised by this.

• Co
      8th of Apr, 2013

Stop listening to stupid boyfriends!

• Ta
      18th of Apr, 2013

Turbo Tax is a great program, if you know what you are doing. Sadly, most Turbo Tax returns I see are post IRS audit, and the taxpayer is owing hundreds if not thousands
    of dollars. I am curious why you did not gather up your documents and leave once you saw the price H&R Block was going to charge you. Did they tell you that you had to pay it. or else?