General Motors Corp / gm does not stand behind vehicles

PO Box 33170Detroit, MI, United States
I have a 2006 Chevy Uplander. The trim that runs down each side of the vehicle has (rusted/discolored) from one end to the other on both sides after only 2 years. The vehicle has 50, 000 miles due to the distance to my work. The dealership (Fox Chevrolet in Timonium Maryland) and GM refuse to fix it unless I pay $200.00 towards the cost because the warranty is up. This is not a moving part and is obviously a factory defect for this to happen all at once after only 2 years. If this had been a moving part I would pay for the replacement but this is something that was a problem from the factory. I asked my contact at GM if they consider this acceptable after 2 years. She said it is out of warranty (hiding behind the warranty instead of doing right by the consumer) and they were being helpful by only charging me $200.00. I contacted GM twice in writing about this and each time it took over a week to talk to someone. When you call you get an answering machine message where they claim they will return the call in 24 hours. You better be sitting by the phone at their convience or you will miss the call. Must be a lot of problems if it takes that long to return a call. This is my fourth GM vehicle in a row and my last. When I explained how many vehicles I purchased from them it did not seem to matter. I have had other problems with this vehicle with the steering and with the brakes. I mistakenly thought customer loyalty meant something but not to GM.
Va