Future Shop / Ear Buds

1 Canada Review updated:

In December 2009, I purchased a set of Bose ear buds, on sale, at Future Shop. The sales representative recommended the two year "Product Replacement Guarantee" and explained in detail how it worked. Because the item was on sale for almost half price, I asked, " What if the I have a problem with the ear buds and the price two years from now is considerably more?" He patiently explained that, "...no mater the future price, the item will be replaced at no cost - on the spot - hence 'Replacement Guarantee" In December 2010, I returned that set of, now defective Bose ear buds, to the Future Shop outlet from which they were purchased, along with my two year "Product Replacement Guarantee." I was told that the replacement cost to me would be $67. I was advised, " ..that the product identification number had changed since my purchase and that, therefore, Future Shop was not obligated to replace the item but would return the value of my original purchase in the form of a gift card." My argument, taken to the department supervisor was that, notwithstanding the change in product number, the product on the shelf, now, was the same one I had originally purchased and was at the same price - just not at the sale price" and " When I originally originally purchased the product, I was assured they would be replaced it should it become defective within two years." I further argued, that I had paid a 30% premium on a $67 dollar item for their 'Replacement Protection' guarantee, and that I did not wish to have a gift card in the sale price amount - and no ear buds, I would like them to honor the original agreement and replace the ear buds. I was then advised that they could not give me a gift card either. Because the item was purchased one year and three days ago, I would have to call their 1 800 number and give them the details, and they would send me a Future Shop gift card. I left a very dissatisfied customer. Two days later. Best Buy, (owned by the same parent company as Future Shop and located, in this case, across the street), advertised, in their Boxing Week Sale flyer, the ear buds by Bose on sale at $67. My intention was to take the Best Buy add to Future Shop, (because I was now obligated to spend my gift card money their), point out Future Shop's own Price Guarantee -
" To beat any advertised price by 10% of the difference" and purchase the product from them, at the original sale price as the year earlier. For my effort, I was told by the Department Manager, that Future Shop does not match Boxing Week sale items of any one. What a surprise.

Na

Comments

• Er
      15th of Mar, 2010
    Bose - Total cr*p
    Bose

The Bose 3 CD changer broke down after minimal use. Bose did not offer to repair it for free. My sister's broke down as well. This company promotes themselves as offering superior quality. BUNK!

• De
      13th of Jan, 2011

I never buy those warranties because they are all BS. I had a DVD Player at future shop that I bought the premium warranty for. The thing broke in less than a year, took it back and they had to send it away. I had to wait a month for it to come back, got it home and it still didn't work. I brought it back and told them point blank that I want a new DVD player...today. She got the manager and it happened. But these warranties are just making someone else rich, take your chances and dont buy the warranty.

• Ro
      17th of Aug, 2011

Great product really great soundi these Bose earbuds for approximaetly 30 mo.'s and was really surprized at the flimsyness of the total package. The audio plug fell apart almost as soon as I recieved them as a Christmas present. happily they were still under warranty and were replaced no questions asked. However, the replacement set did not fare well. These buds have never been left outside of their handy carrying case not lent out nor have they ever suffered from your typical wear and tear. They simply wore out through what I suspect was plain old planned obselecenseng earphones, were they made in the good ole USA? I fear not. I've owned these Bose earbuds for approximaetly 30 mo.'s and was really surprized at the flimsyness of the total package. The audio plug fell apart almost as soon as I recieved them as a Christmas present. happily they were still under warranty and were replaced no questions asked. However, the replacement set did not fare well. These buds have never been left outside of their handy carrying case not lent out nor have they ever suffered from your typical wear and tear. They simply wore out through what I suspect was plain old planned obselecense