Having problems with Acer?

Acer reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 28, 2006. The latest review Acer product and service was posted on Mar 25, 2021. The latest complaint never recieved computer or my money was resolved on Sep 03, 2014. Acer has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 112 reviews. Acer has resolved 60 complaints.

Acer Customer Service Contacts

8800 700 2237 (Russia)
1800 116 677 (India)
1800 881 918 (Malaysia)
1800 895 6299 (Singapore)
1866 350 2237 (Mexico)
+1 866 695 2237 (USA and Canada)
+44 371 760 1000 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 036 5100 (Australia)
+64 800 223 769 (New Zealand)
+32 78 150 023 (Belgium)
+45 33 702 070 (Denmark)
+31 884 560 000 (Netherlands)
+351 808 300 011 (Portugal)
+41 848 745 745 (Switzerland)
+852 23 792 519 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 200 090 (Philippines)
+27 871 513 400 (South Africa)
+82 16 442 225 (South Korea)
+66 21 539 600 (Thailand)
+84 839 106 888 (Vietnam)
+54 800 444 1318 (Argentina)
1F, 88, Sec. 1, Xintai 5th Rd, Xizhi
New Taipei City, California
Taiwan - 221
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 1500, San Jose, CA 95110, USA

Canada
5600 Explorer Drive, Suite 201, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 4Y1

United Kingdom
Acer House, Heathrow Boulevard III, 282 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, England

Australia
Building G, Level 2, 350 Parramatta Rd, Homebush West, NSW 2140, Australia

New Zealand
Suite 2, Ground Floor, Building A, Millenium Phase II, 600 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand

Austria

Moosmattstrasse 30, 8953 Dietikon, Switzerland

Turkey
Veko Giz Plaza, Meydan Sokak № 20, Daire: 27-28 34396, Maslak-Istanbul, Turkey

China
6F Building 1, THE HUB, № 818 ShenChang Road, Min Hang District, Shanghai 201106, P.R. China

Hong Kong
Unit 2301-02 & 08, Level 23, Tower 1, Millennium City 1, 388 Kwun Tong Rd, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
Embassy Heights, 6th Floor, № 13 Magrath Rd, (Next to Hosmat Hospital)
Bangalore 560025, India

Malaysia

Philippines
1172-1180 Pres. Quirino Ave., Extension, Paco, Manila, Philippines

Singapore
29 International Business Park, № 01-01 Acer Building, Tower A, Singapore 609923

South Africa
The District, 8 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, 2191 Gauteng, Johannesburg, South Africa

South Korea
№ 603 6F Chung-Jin B/D 53-5, Wonhyoro 3-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea

Thailand
493/7-8 Nanglinchi Rd., Chong Nonsi, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand

UAE & Middle East
P.O. Box 16951, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, UAE

Vietnam
5th Floor, Rosana Building, 60 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., Da Kao Ward, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Brazil
Rua Flórida, 1758, 4º andar, São Paulo, SP 04565-001, Cidade Monções, Brasil

Latin America
3750 N.W. 87th Ave., Suite 640, Doral, FL 33178, USA

Mexico
Avenida Ejército Nacional № 579, Piso 1, Col. Granada, 11520 México, D.F.

Acer Complaints & Reviews

AcerAcer product and service

I bought an Acer Nitro 5 laptop September 8th 2020. A month ago my screen started flickering and I couldn't fix it so I took it to the place of purchase on March 5th 2021 thats three weeks ago. I was told it would be sent to the main service location and should have it back in 7 to 14 days. I haven't heard a word from Acer or my local retailer. This is a laptop that I bought new less than 6 months ago that is under complete warranty and is vital to my business and personal needs. It is totally unacceptable to keep it this long. In fact, in 25 years I have never had a repair take more than 5 days. In a similar situation with a Lonovo laptop my retailer gave me a new one the following day. I need this handled immediately.

Acerwarranty not honored

I sent the tablet for repair on 10 January 2017

Acer Case ID 10166788G

The screen cracked due to the very low quality build of the product.
    Also the tablet was overheating a lot and spontaneously rebooting.

Acer refused to repair the tablet under warranty.
    Acer also wanted to charge over 100 CHF just for returning the tablet as is.

I would like a refund or at least a credit so I can get a new tablet, even from Acer.

I have all the correspondence and documents, but they're in PDF and I cannot attach them here.

Acer'drop damage' repair charge when laptop was never dropped!

One day - around mid december - my pull my $700 laptop out to do some work while my desktop was put up, and it just doesn't turn on. There's fans, but no lights and no display. I open the bottom to see if a display connector or power connector got unhooked or frayed, or if the battery had died, but everything looked fine. I didn't dare touch anything because I did not want to void my warranty. So after a few days of talking to customer service, I eventually ship it in, laptop carefully wrapped in thick bubble wrap. They receive the package on new years day.

Fast forward to today (january 10th 2019) and I get a call from acer about repairing my laptop. They say there's 'drop damage' to the system - which is damage not covered by the warranty - and there is 'major components' that need to be replaced.

Specifically: "lcd cover, lcd bevel, uppercasing and lowercasing will need to be replaced due to front and right corner damage."

Total repair charge? Four hundred and fifty dollars. $474.74 with tax!!
      Thats two thirds the price of the laptop

This is absolutely unacceptable. Even if the laptop was damaged during shipping, there is absolutely no way that replacing the plastic cover around the laptop is that expensive. I will not be extorted like this!

(the actual customer service agent was very nice though.)

AcerI am not able to register my laptop computer.

I just got a new lap top from argos store and I want to register my product, my acer lap top. I tried to complected the acer registration form on the internet at acer wed site.
        I am to be sent a comfirmation e-mail to complect my registration for my new lap top. I have not received that e-mail, the comfirmation e-mail sent.
        I want my acer lap top registered immediately please. can this be complected.
        thank you.

my e-mail I used to tried to complect the registration form is:
        better.[protected]@yahoo.co.uk .

my name is sodiq. sodiq.

ACER South Africaacer laptop

I bought an Acer laptop from you on 2016 April 13. The purchase price was R4999.00.
          Between 13 April ’16 and 3 July ’16, which is 87 days, on the 3rd of July I went to CNA to report that the product is defective #cutoffwhilsttyping. CNA gave me a contact details of their stakeholders(User Experience Centre).
          On the 12th of July I started contacting User Experience Center(UEC), UEC sent a courier service to fetch my Acer. At about 14 days later, they returned my laptop. Cased resolved!
          This year again in the middle of April 17 as I was on leave busy with my working on my pc I had the similar challenge where the laptop #cutoffwhilsttyping. So due to the long holidays, I had to wait till May when I was able to report the case to CNA, and they referred me back to UEC who told me they could not help me since the warranty had expired.
          So, I disputed the warranty claims as to how can I forfeit a warranty which was intercepted by defective in 87 days of purchase. UEC gave me Acer national number which I called.
          #Acer gave me their findings of the damage, and alleged that I have a hand in the damage of the product due to liquid spillage which I vehemely refute those findings, see attached Pics from Acer. My other suggestion was that Acer takes me for a lie detector to determine if what I say is beside the truth. My last conversation with Acer Mr Steward was that they keep the laptop till I get the best product.
          #Recourse, I need CNA or whosover is involved to give me a good and reliable product or refund for a failed transaction.

• Updated by dino ceegage · Sep 13, 2017

Acerterrible service

Does warranty from Acer actually exist? I sent my monitor to a repair service 5 times and every time I got it in the same condition. Is this a joke? I keep complaining, but there's no result. I eventually got my money back after 2 months.
            First of all, my issue wasn't something new, I don't understand why they just didn't repair it at the same time. Second I'm not the only one with the same problem. Third. The customer service is poor, I had a hard time explaining what was wrong. And the last thing is that it's impossible to get a normal corporate to call you back.
            What's so hard to fix the problem like this? Why they had to repair my monitor 5 times? The question is rhetorical...

Acerlaptop/ charger provided was not suiting with laptop

I bought the laptop from your emax stall on april 1 st from gitex event held at world trade center.. i reached there late and it was about to close, there was some display laptop sale going on your atore and i bought it..i was flying after that and i didnt use the laptop from that day..i contacted your customer care and the representative who deal with me was very rude.i need to know as a customer if i am buying something from your store is it my responsibility or your responsibility to give the proper accessories on the purchase? I need a immediate reply for this complaint which i raised..

laptop/ charger provided was not suiting with laptop

Acer America CorporationПланшет Асer aspire/p3

SN:NXM8NEROO13321ABA747607
                SNID:[protected]
                Рядом с штрих-кодом надпись:
                NC.M8N11.003-01
                SSCQ.QUACQ Ver.:01
                На экране надпись:ОБРАТИТЕСЬ К ИЗГОТОВИТЕЛЮ, ПРОБЛЕМЫ С ПАМЯТЬЮ
                Обожаю этот планшет.
                Заранее спасибо за помощь.
                Желаю Вашей корпорации и Америке МИРА И ПРОЦВЕТАНИЯ.

Павлихина Мила [protected](в России)
                е-mail:frau.[protected]@yandex.ru

Acer America Corporationacercloud 14 netbook

In March of last year I purchased the above referenced Netbook. Within 60 days I returned it as it was stuck at 62% on factory reset. I purchased another of the same computer and guess what... it did the same thing. I have returned it back to your Texas address and am waiting to receive a "fixed" Netbook.
                  Here is the problem: I have ALWAYS owned Acer products and always considered you the "go to" when purchasing new equipment. To date, my experience with this computer is that your computers are junk and your customer service is worse. Why should I have to pay to return a Netbook that was under warranty when this is the second one with the same problem? I spent $45.00 dollars to return my latest one last Wednesday. I was told it could take as long as1-3 months to have it reformatted and returned to me...why?Disappointment just does not cover it. I have contacted WalMart regarding this issue and am hard pressed to understand why this is occurring. It is obvious that Windows 10 is in conflict with your product. This could be resolved constructively with either a replacement (and new warranty) and/or a speedy return of my FIXED Cloud 14. Here is the information on my Acer Cloud 14:SNID#[protected]
                  Serial # NXSHGAA001608038752300
                  Customer Case Number : 461435U
                  Marilynn McLaughlin
                  1511 Pleasant Avenue
                  Klamath Falls, Or 97601
                  [protected]
                  I look forward to your prompt response

Acerdefective notebook

I have purchased Acer notebook and I'm not happy. I always bought Acer only and was always satisfied with their computers. But the last one I bought turned out to be defective. There was a problem with its cooler and too bad that I didn't notice that earlier. Sometimes it simply turned off by itself and that happened at least twice a day. When I finally realized what was the problem it was already too late. One day it simply burned and broke. I tried to get Acer to fix it but they refused and claimed that warranty did not cover that. I was very disappointed to hear that.
                    It was very expensive for me to fix it so I had no other choice only to buy a new notebook. I don't think that I'll buy Acer again.

Aceres1-512-c1pw

We bought this laptop almost one year ago. I sent it out for repair at the end of august 2016 because the screen kept freezing. Acer sent the computer back to me. It worked fine for almost 2 weeks and the same problem returned. There repair notes stated completed system recovery. Sent the computer back out for repair and when I received it worked fine for 6 days. <br / >
                      The repair notes stated reset to factory default settings. Acer is willing to take it back again for repair again however i'm afraid they will just reset again. So I did a reset myself a few hours ago and the computer worked well for about 10 minutes and then it froze up again. Acer tech said they would look into replacing the unit but that went no where.

Acerkeyboard

My keyboard numeric key pad doesn't work. Acer has sent me out two new keyboards, they didn't work either. NOW, Acer says that my warranty has expired and won't help me with my Acer keyboard issue. At the time that I submitted my first complaint to Acer, I was within my warranty, they issue was still not fixed, NOW Acer says that I'm out of warranty, even though my first issues were within my warranty. No one will take my calls, I was told to purchase a new keyboard. But why should I purchase a new keyboard when the keyboard should have been fixed under my warranty?????

Acer America Corporationdefective computer monitor not fixed by repair service

My product number is [protected]. It is a S230hL lED moniter that dos not turn on when plugged into a wall outlet. I lost $155.00 for the product and $40.00 shipping to send it to their repair center.

I purchased it from Walmart on the way back from a trip. The local store would not take it back and told me to return it to their store that is 2 hours away. I was not going to drive 4 hours round trip so I filled out a repair request and paid UPS to package it and send it to them a traceable method. The Acer customer service supervisor told me that this was my problem. I had a computer technician come over to set it up but he could not.

Acer America Corporationlaptop computers

I am a computer consultant and value added reseller in the Southern California area. Back before Acer purchased Gateway computers, they were a good company with good service. NOT so anymore! I have three clients that I purchased laptops for a few years ago; paid retail prices and installed them for my clients. They have been working fine for these last few years, but with the advent of Windows 10, there was a grave error made by Acer. They do not support, or will they support, these computers for a Windows 10 upgrade. I wrote to the President and CEO of the company to explain how this adversely affects my customers, and their customers. Here is the response from the President of Acer: He had a "customer care" representative call me and tell me that their company will do nothing to help those who purchased their computers and can not upgrade to Windows 10. Nothing but apologies, with no substantial care. Hope this company goes out of business soon so others will not suffer as many have already.

Acer Aspire E1-531it keeps breaking and malfunctioning!

You need to READ THIS if you’re going to get a new PC.
                              There are many brands boasting all kinds of fancy and amazing gadgets but the real question is, which one to get?
                              A really straightforward answer to this question can prove to be a lifesaver too.
                              Anything, except Gateway, Packard Bell and ACER
                              Why do we say this?
                              We live in the age when almost all information is available on the internet. And searching for info is as easy as ever.
                              Why not make use of that?
                              I would suggest that you guys run a search for ‘Acer complaints’ instead of reviews.
                              What do you get? ENDLESS results!
                              You see, there are countless things which can give you hints about a company’s products. If you search Acer’s Facebook pages you will see endless complaints over there. Ask a computer expert for advice, they’ll say the same thing too.
                              In 2013 I purchased an Acer Aspire E series notebook. I wasted a good $600 (inclusive of repair expenditures of almost $90)
                              2 of my friends have also had a very hard time with Acers.
                              If 3 people say the same thing and that’s not enough, well then you can see the rest on Facebook and the web.
                              Acers are expensive, have poor build quality and almost junk hardware. It is better to get a HP or a Samsung for a couple more bucks which are EXCELLENT and will do you good.
                              Acer products also give the vendors a hard time. They are bad stuff and customers demand refunds from vendors. That’s quite a loss for them too. when you buy this product and if something goes wrong with it, you will obviously take it to the vendor and demand a refund. If you wanna contact the Acer team, the company will ask you to send it for the so called ‘evaluation’ at your OWN expense and they send it back saying it’s a result of CID (Customer Induced Damage)
                              In short, DON’T GET AN ACER! BELIEVE ME!
                              Sincerely,
                              Acer user

Acercrappy products

Are you one of the millions having problems with ACER’s crappy products, total lack of customer service, failure to honor their warranty and unable to contact anyone at ACER that gives a crap? Well let me be of some help……..

If you live in the USA or have the ability to call the USA, call Jennifer at corporate customer care @ 254.298.4402. Not that she cares or will offer any help and maybe not even answer the phone, but you can leave a nasty message about you crappy product. Do it daily.

You can also FAX ACER in the USA at 408.533.4555 and send them a nasty letter. You can also post your complaint on ACER’s Face Book pages around the world to warn the rest of the world about their crappy products. You can also message people that have posted comments. We do hundreds daily. And if you happen to find someone that works for ACER anywhere in the world, PLEASE respond back to me at Lennys.[protected]@hotmail.com so I can add them to the list.

I found Dirk Brits, Ernie Weng, Veera Kumar & Aung Thura on Face Book. They work for ACER. Message them and them and tell them how you feel? How you REALLY feel? Then this list below, I emailed and didn’t get it back, so I think they are real? However, I had a list 3 times this long that ACER has changed so you cannot contact them.

You can also contact retail chain stores in you country, electronic distributors and ACER vendors that ACER does not honor their warranty, so he consumer bring their product back to the store for a refund, making ACE’s problem, the stores problem.

[protected]@acer.com

If you live in the USA and have a faulty product, I am suing ACER and can add yours. Just email me all your data, name, email, product serial number, amount and where you bought it, etc. Actually, you can also do the same in small claims court. It’s cheap and simple and if we do a team effort, almost guarantees a win. And lawyers aren’t allowed in small claims so ACER has to show.

Acer Aspire R7-572-6637 Notebookpoor customer service

Date and details of the transaction:

Two items were purchased online Tuesday March 3, 2015: 1 Acer Aspire R7-572-6637 Notebook and 1 Converter Mini-CP to VGA/USB/LAN
                                  The purchased items arrived at my home Thursday March 5, 2015. The computer was not working properly. I contacted customer service that evening. They were unable to resolve the issue. They suggested I contact Customer support during business hours the next day.

Date and details of when I returned the merchandise or cancelled services:

I contacted customer support Friday March 6th and spoke with a sales agent named Peter. He told me he would email me and send me instructions on how to return the defective computer. Peter did not send the promised email.
                                  I contacted customer support again the morning of Monday March 9th and spoke with a sales agent named Steven. Steven could not find any record of my phone call with Peter, apologized and promised to send me an email with the instructions on how to return the computer. Steven did not send the promised email.
                                  I contacted acer support in the afternoon of Monday March 9th and spoke with an agent named Anthony. Anthony could not find any record of my phone calls with Peter or Steven, apologized and promised to send me three emails with the instructions on how to return the computer and cable. He sent two emails only: one containing the FedEx shipping label and one detailing the start of the return application. This email stated that my money would be refunded in 3-7 business days upon receipt of the returned product.
                                  The computer and Converter Mini-CP to VGA/USB/LAN were sent back to Acer using the original packaging which they shipped the product, and the FedEx shipping label provided by Anthony. A copy of the Return Reference Number email was included in the box. The package arrived Thursday March 12, 2015 at 10:52, and was signed by Adelafonte. (Tracking number [protected], Reference number 1-8SC1LY) .

Dates and details of my attempts to resolve the issue with the merchant:

As outlined above, I have been in contact with various representatives from Acer via telephone on the following dates: Friday March 6, 2015 (one call); Monday March 9, 2015 (two calls)
                                  Friday March 13, I received a phone call from Acer in Texas. The phone call was 7 minutes and 32 seconds in duration. I did not get the name of the person who contacted me. She told me she had the computer and Converter Mini-CP to VGA/USB/LAN in her possession but did not know why I had sent them back to Acer. I explained that I had returned them for a full refund as per the information on the printed copy of the email which I had included in the box. She did not have a copy of this. She agreed that Acer would accept both items (computer and cable) and would honour a full refund for the purchase. She then sent an email initiating the return process at 10:04 a.m., while we were speaking on the phone. This concerned me since I had already returned the computer and cable. She explained that the same email sent Monday March 9th could not be used since she did not have any record of it. I was concerned that the one she sent me only referenced the Converter Mini-CP to VGA/USB/LAN cable and not the computer. She assured me this was not a problem. She explained I would receive 3 emails from Acer and this was just the first of the 3 emails. I did receive a second email later in the day at 1:05 p.m. This email stated my money will be refunded in 3-7 business days upon receipt of the returned product. (Please note, Acer was already in possession of the returned items when this email was sent to me.) This email also only made reference to the Converter Mini-CP to VGA/USB/LAN. I never did receive the third email.
                                  Friday March 27th: I called my credit card company to see if I had been reimbursed yet for the purchase. They said I had not but that Acer was allowed to take 15 calendar days to return the money. The 28th would mark day 15 so I should call back on the 28th. I did call back on the 28th and my credit card company stated the money still was not in so if I wished I could start a Financial Dispute and they will help me to recoup the money. The process can take anywhere from 15 - 120 days. They encouraged me to try to resolve this directly with Acer since this usually would be the faster route.
                                  Saturday March 28th: Faxed a letter to the Acer America Corporation (Canada)
                                  Saturday March 28th: Facebook messaged the same letter to Acer using the messenger ap
                                  Saturday March 28th: Mailed the same letter to Acer America Corporation (Canada) (Figured if they get it three different ways, one might actually land in one someone's desk.)
                                  In my letters I have firmly requested that Acer call me Monday March 30th. As well, I included copies of all correspondence I have had including receipts, packing slips, emails, and the FedEx tracking sheet confirming Acer is in receipt of my returned purchase.

Acer — laptop repair and customer service

Both the keyboard and charging port on my Gateway started having problems and stopped working. I contacted...

Acer Aspire ES1-511-C0DV-USflimsy screen, useless warranty

Less than 6 weeks after I bought this Acer laptop, the LCD broke for no apparent reason. Acer automatically refuses to honor the warranty because it is a screen issue. Apparently the screen is exceedingly fragile and cannot handle normal use. They lost a loyal customer on this one.

Acer Computernever recieved computer or my money

I paid for an Acer computer my 12 year old daughter on august 4, 2014 and the seller stated that the computer was broke and he said that he will me my money back and he never and i being trying to find out who do i get in contact with for my money and i been trying to find out information about the seller and bonanza. Can anyone help me with that please and thank you.