Having problems with Yamaha?

Yamaha Customer Service Contacts

1800 093 9262 (Colombia)
+1 800 962 7926 (United States)
+44 193 235 8000 (United Kingdom)
+49 21 312 013 (Germany)
+41 627 888 877 (Switzerland)
+60 361 577 011 (Malaysia)
+63 434 551 900 (Philippines)
+66 27 697 200 (Thailand)
10-1, Nakazawacho, Naka-ku Hamamatsu-shi

Chapaevsky pereulok, 14, Moscow, 125252

Switzerland
Emil-Frey-Strasse, 5745 Safenwil

India
A-3, Industrial Area, Noida-Dadri Road, Surajpur -201306, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.) India

Malaysia
Kompleks Hong Leong Yamaha, Lot 57, Persiaran Bukit Rahman Putra 3, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor Darul Ehsan

Philippines
Lots 1&2, Block 17, Phase I, LIMA Technology Center, Malvar, Batangas

Thailand
112 Moo 1, Bangna-Trad Rd. Km. 21, Tambol Srisa Jorrake Yai
Amphur Bangsaothong, Samutprakarn 10540, Thailand

Brazil
Rodovia Presidente Dutra Km 214, CEP 07178-580 - Guarulhos - SP

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Yamaha Customer Service. Initial Yamaha complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Yamaha above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Yamaha. Discuss the issues you have had with Yamaha and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Jul 16, 2020

Yamaha Motor Corporation — Product related questions and answers

On 7/16/2020 I called yamaha regarding some accessories I would like to purchase for my new unit I bought...

Yamaha Motor CorporationNot being able to order a yamaha product locally or able to get a call back

I live in Ogden Utah zip code 84414. I have called all the yamaha dealers in my area trying to find a dealer that could order me a Yamaha MZ175 multi-purpose engine. All the dealers either didn't answer their phones, couldn't or wouldn't order the engine, or wouldn't return my call. I have been trying for over a week to buy the engine with no luck. It looks like I will have to order an Honda engine instead. I am VERY disappointed with my experience with Yamaha locally. I called Yamaha in California who said that they could order the engine, but I would have to pay for shipping to them and then to me which I will not do. I would hope that Yamaha would seriously take my case seriously because if I am having these kinds of issues with the ordering of a small engine, why would I go spend a large amount on any other Yamaha product in the future?

Jun 23, 2020

Yamaha Motor Corporation — 2020 Yamaha wolverine X2 side by side

bought this machine serial #5Y4AN26Y3LA101232 last Monday so a week ago. from Rays sport and marine in Perham...

Yamaha Motor CorporationInformation request

Dear sir
    I have recently recieved a Yamaha r1 motorbike, and im sending you this mail in order to get some information about all the details related to this item (date, authenticity, age ...)
    Please find attached its reference
    Yours sincerely

Information request

Mar 16, 2020

Yamaha Motor Corporation — bad service

Everytime I went to branch to pay my monthly obligation, staff always asking me if today is my duedate and if...

Jan 03, 2020

Yamaha Motor Corporation — delayed release of orcr

I want to complaint Yamaha Corp. Philippines (Cubao, Aurora Branch). I availed motorcycle Yamaha SZ last Oct...

Yamaha Motor Corporationmoral harassment

We would like to report a crime.
      The coordinator of the after sales department (Bolivar Alves da Silva Junior) frequently
      threat, exposes and humiliates his subordinates
      Sharing confidential informations and reporting falses informations to manager of the parts department.
      We kown thats is not a Yamaha filosophy, so, we demand imediatly a deep investigation about his attitude.
      Best regarts
      After sales team

Nov 14, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — big end bearing for 1981 xs1100

Good day. My 1981 xs1100 big end bearing needs to be replaced. Yamaha South Africa told my mechanic that...

Oct 08, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — motor repair 5 month

I am Johnson My motor Yamaha N max 155 PNK9777 I buy 5 month start for April 2019 may motor have arnormal...

Oct 05, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — 2019 yz450f

Purchased this product originally on 9/18/2019 as a surprise gift for my husbands 50th Birthday. The...

Oct 01, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — poor service and lack of not willing to help when service needed

to whom it may concern I was driving on the M1 North from JHB to PTA with my Yamaha SR250CC and it broke down...

Sep 30, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — 2018 yamaha star venture throwing motorcycle

My complaint is lack of service and the lack of correction of bats service from the moment I walked in thi...

Sep 25, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — recall service on 2012 super tenere

To Whom It May Concerns, KK Choi 12543 Cerromar Place Fairfax, VA 22030 703.862.9520 This is my experience...

Sep 16, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — fuse replacement.

I brought my bike in today because the engine wouldn't catch. The battery would turn the starter, but no...

Sep 10, 2019

Yamaha Motor Corporation — work undertaken on my vehicle without my consent

I booked my Yamaha N-Max GPD125 in for a service which when i asked was informed that it should cost me...

Yamaha Motor Corporationyamaha r25

Good day yamaha japan.

I want to complain regarding yamaha R25. Why the gear oil pump always got problem? Because of this effect all of engine part get damaged.. The lube oil cannot reach to the engine part because the gear of oil pump not function and broke. Why the gear suddenly broke. It effect to crankshaft broke, con rod bearing.. Why r25 always get engine problem.. I use lot of money to repair this.. I also already make a recall for the oil pump issued before.. Hopefully reply.

yamaha r25
        yamaha r25

Yamaha Motor Corporationfinance dept

I am currently on long term disability.I purchased a motorcycle last spring and due to my injury i had to use the disability insurance policy i purchased from the dealer.
          AI insurance has not been keeping up in their payments and as a result i am constantly harassed by your financial department.There is a serious disconnect between you and the provider you sold me.Someone please phone me and get this resolved.I am going to be contacting the BBB about this harassment.[protected].I expect to hear from someone immediately

Jul 22, 2019

Yamaha Motor Sports — my 190 fsh

I have a 2019 190 fsh and I am very disappointed with it. It has poor performance, it doesn't run as fast a...

Yamaha Motor Corporationyamaha 4-stroke 300hp outboard marine engine

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a 2014 engine that had been 100% issue free until recently in April 2019 I had it serviced. The shop that performed the work was trustworthy and had performed numerous other maintenance items with never any issues afterward. In this case the engine had been provided the 500 hour oil/filter service and was also looked at more closely for several other routine based checks. The starboard thermostat was removed and the small 1/4" discharge line that is connected to the thermostats on both sides and "tees" into a common line was inadvertantly disconnected. Over the course of less than 3 weeks seawater was entering the cowling and was being pulled into the intake. It was found when i removed the cowling myself to do a routine inspection of the powerhead after a day on the water. I noticed salt residue all over the engine and a significant amount of corrosion. i then located fresh water leaking from the disconnected line while water flushing. I consulted the shop that routinely services my boat and after they performed a careful inspection it was noted with 100% cerainty that the hose had been disconnected during the routine work that had been performed. After the shop owner consulted with a Yamaha master mechanic who he had consulted with in the past it was noted that this had happened numerous times before on similar engines and that the warranty would have covered if still in effect. This is not a warranty based issue, it is a manufacturer defect. It was not advised by TSB or other commication to be a known item that could result in serious damage. My boat and motors were meticulously maintained and if not for the defect would still be in such condition. I was shocked that the master mechanic and my shop representative had consulted with Yamaha local management and were told that there was no recourse. Yamaha should by all rights perform an investigation and gather the information that will prove this is not the fault of a mechanic and that the hose was designed too short. I expect Yamaha to take full responsibility for the damage to this engine by providing a full new powerhead free of charge. Anything less would be a massive failure by Yamaha and its management team to show ownership of responsibility to its valued customers.
            I will be happy to supply documentation, pictures, other details and statements from maintenance team that performed service if requested.

Unhappy and waiting for accountability to be acknowledged by its owner...
            Michael Kaiser
            [protected]@gmail.com

Yamaha Motor Corporation2019 yamaha vf175

Had a 2019 Xpress 19' built with a 2019 Yamaha 175. Took possession in September/October 2018. Boat has spent more time in the shop than on the water because of the motor. Yamaha has spent over $10, 000 in repairs to keep the motor going, figure by now they would just replace it, but they have not. We have asked to have the warranty extended, figured Yamaha would do this to show good faith to their customer, and we get nothing. No return calls, no emails, no letters. I call and call and receive the same response "Chris has to contact the dealer and speak with them and he will call you back", that has not happened. This has been ongoing for over 2 months now. What will it hurt extending the warranty 3 additional years? Stand behind what you built and show your customers that you understand this motor has had issues and do what you can to swap it out or extended the warranty 3 years.