Food Lion / Employee Inequity
Company won't allow cashiers the same privileges everyone else in the store has. Other employees are free to leave their work stations any time they choose to get to the bathroom, break room, water fountain or for a smoke. Managers generally allow cashiers bathroom breaks on demand, but cashiers can only get a drink if it's their break time or customer traffic is low, and that's wrong.
In customer service, we talk to customers non-stop for hours which is excessively dehydrating.
Because of that and because the store is HOT all the time, cashiers should be allowed to at least have bottled water near our work station, especially because there are ample places well away from the electronics to put a bottle of water if they're not wanted in view of customers.
We're just asking for WATER, not beer or a mixed drink for crying out loud.
Additionally, one cashier is diabetic. She brings her temperature-sensitive meds to work in a small insulated bag and until recently was permitted to keep that under her work station too. Now they make her take it to an unsupervised common break room where it can be tampered with or stolen, and that is wrong.
More Food Lion Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Food Lion And Piggly-wiggly - Both In Lugoff, SC - Improper handling of suspected shoplifting 
- Food Lion - Do I have a Job 
- Foodlion - Do I really even work there
- Food Lion - Stay away from this one 
- Food Lion - Will not wait on consumers 
- Food Lion - employee harassment
- Food Lion - sale pricing
- Food Lion - bullying
- Food Lion - customer service
- Food Lion - harassment at work