Shoprite Checkers Logo

Shoprite Checkers

Having problems with Shoprite Checkers?

Shoprite Checkers reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 23, 2007. The latest review No Signage and incompetent Store and Staff was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint competition was resolved on Feb 16, 2017. Shoprite Checkers has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 279 reviews. Shoprite Checkers has resolved 21 complaints.

Shoprite Checkers Customer Service Contacts

+27 800 010 709 (Customer Service)
+27 219 804 000 (Head Office)
CNR William Dabs and Old Paarl Roads
Brackenfell
South Africa - 7560

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Shoprite Checkers Customer Service. Initial Shoprite Checkers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Shoprite Checkers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Shoprite Checkers. Discuss the issues you have had with Shoprite Checkers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Shoprite Checkers Complaints & Reviews

Shoprite CheckersNo Signage and incompetent Store and Staff

Good Day, Visited the store on Sunday, visited the bakery the staff was so busy talking between themselves that I needed to shout for attention. I asked if the bakery is halaal the staff said yes after confirming with a co - worker. Then I asked were is the certificate that says you halal they say they do not have it. I asked to speak to a manager, A lady by the name of Yolande says she will speak to the person incharge of that section. Clearly this already tells me that checkers staff themselves are not competent or know whats going on in house! I got more angry after Yolande says that the fish area is halaal when I get there they tell me they not halaal, Then I meet a staff memeber in the isle and he confirmed that the store is not a halaal store on all fresh products. Then you need to train staff and more importantly put up a notice for the muslim community. This is just purely unacceptable the service I received from CanalWalk and then I used my stamps at the cashier, she calculated incorrectly the supervisor very unpleasant and not friendly she tore my book apart with no appology or offered to put it together, I asked to have it stapled together please. I mean thats the least she could do. Very angered. frustrated and dissapointed with this store. I have a disability and walking in Canalwalk is not easy if I had known you not halaal I could have saved myself time and walking and bought my fresh stuff elsewhere, checkers really needs to get their "house" in order.

Shoprite CheckersCheckers Glenanda Allows Racism

Good day,

I was in the checkers glenanda store today (03/10/2021) and I man arrived at the tills (Till8) at 14:50-14:55. Another man then went on from Till 9 queue to say "this is why I hate you white people" and continued with racial slurs - causing a scene when the man from till 8 simply asked the man from till 9 if he is in till 8s queue to which he responded no but then goes on and states how white people are racist? Checkers staff did not stand in and surrounded the incident. The manager was nowhere to be seen and nothing was done trying to stop this. The Staff ALLOWED this man to call white people racist and threaten that they will end up in jail and continued being racist to which staff nor manager still did not intervene. To make matters worse the man throwing racial remarks was then awarded Till 7 to pay for his groceries - checkers literally opened up a till to assist the man throwing racist remarks and allowed him special treatment when he has just cause trauma in the store!!

This is unacceptable and checkers will do nothing about it - but I want the recording and will take this further if checkers does not intervene!!

This is not fair nor ethical to allow a racist man to degrade people and throw racial terms around and then rewarded with a till to pay?!

Staff also did not get involved and no manager to be seen - so this is allowed? Checkers clearly approved of this incident and nothing was done.

Please assist and provide a formal email to checkers where I can lodge the complaint as well as with the department as human rights were broken here and nothing was done.

Shoprite CheckersFreshmark Strawberries 250g

We have been buying tons of strawberries lately and we purchased a small punnet from Checkers Plettenberg Bay on Monday the 20th of September 2021. Last night (22 September)I decided to have some strawberries after supper. To my disappointment I was only able to eat 5 out of the punnet. The rest was all spoiled. The package says sell by 22nd September..but if I keep my strawberries refrigerated from purchase how is it possible that I can't keep them for 2 days?

I don't feel it is fair paying nearly R30 for a 250g punnet that 2 days later I am only able to consume 5 of them.

Liquor-ShopriteHeineken; expired drinks

On Thursday 09/09/2021 around 5pm. I went at Shoprite Liquor @ Kuilsriver I purchased x4 Heineken can for R50 which makes R200 for 4.
        Only on Saturday I saw that the drinks expired end August.

What frustrate me the most is that how could they sell expired stock to the costumers while they have stock count/verification monthly.

Please find the Attached below

Regards
        Z Mguzulwa
        [protected]
        zizipho.[protected]@westerncape.gov. za

Heineken; expired drinks
        Heineken; expired drinks

Shoprite CheckersShopping experience

Shoprite mokopane will never see me again.
          Good specials but not a pleasant place to shop.
          Nobody to help pack your bags as you off load from your trolley at cashier. At the cigarette counter is 7 staff members standing and joking with each other.Rather go to pick n pay even if i have to pay more. [protected]. For what it might be worth this is just my opinion about shoprite mokopane.

Shoprite CheckersStaff

I went to vanderbijlpark shoprite on the 21 August, when I enter the store I met this lady with trolleys, she works for shoprite and asked for 1 trolley, she just looked at me and I asked again she gave me attitude and said I know Mos I'm going to give you with attitude DAH!! I was like and then why giving me that stinky attitude, and I looked at her name tag and her tag was written Boitumelo and again with attitude she said and my Surname is Malefane, I will never shop at that shoprite, shoprite need to train their staff on how to treat customers

Shoprite CheckersUnfair treatment

I'm deeply disappointed with the service I received at shoprite Cloverdene from a packer named Nthabiseng bought a pack of juices which I hot from the shelve in tact when packed my groceries into the trolley the pack was now broken and the box juices where now loose I asked her not to as I need them in tact she told me to go get the juices myself I told her she's the one whose suppose to get but she told me she was going to live me with the remaining groceries on the till and serve the other customers which she did I had to find the supervisor and he called onother packer to get the juices for and I was left to pack the remaining groceries into the trolley myself I'm so disappointed by this treatment I strongly feel this is not how as a customer I should be treated

Shoprite CheckersAvailability of stock

I went to Lulekani Usave yesterday around 5, I simply wanted few essentials one of them being baby wipes. I wanted 1 loose Huggies brand but they were not on the shelf I then opted for Johnson & Johnson instead. At the letter I was being assisted by Glacia Mashale, she the one's I had was taken out of a banded back and that I must go back and look for another one since they don't have a barcode. With a baby crying hysterically in the car imagine, I asked her to escalate it to the Manager Jazzman Mkhonto which she did, the manager promised to go look at the back but he never went as I saw him roaming on the floor without considering my frustrations. I told the cashier that after this long wait if I leave the shop without wipes I lay a complaint which is something I hate. Would have appreciated courtesy and support but instead they made it my problem and never cared about feelings.

Shoprite CheckersProduct and service

Good morning I'm unhappy with the outcome for my request or rather the service I experience with the supervisor from the store. I need simple things from your promo that you were running that ended Sunday 13/6/21. At first I wanted to buy Ace meal meal it was out of stock on the 9/6/21 and gave her my digits to contact me but I came next day n bought, then asked her that I needed more items and they were out of stock too she took my numbers and she never bother to call me

Respond

Shoprite CheckersExpired product followed by bad customer service from the Manager

Friday the 21st I went to do some shopping at Shoprite Hyper in Uitenhage central. One of the items I bought was a box of I&J burgers. I realised at home when I was preparing breakfast Sunday that something was smelling funny, when I checked the expiry date and saw that it had expired on the 10th of April 2021. That is after my fiance had tasted that it tasted sour.

Went to shoprite immediately to return it and to complain. We were helped by the cashier at the Kiosk counter. The manager arrived, didn't greet us, didn't ask us what was wrong he took the box and asked where was the rest of the burgers. And like I mentioned I had already cooked a few and that's when we noticed they were off.

He took the box went inside the shop, came back told the cashier that there was no other box with the same serial number and left.

When we asked the cashier where was the manager to apologies to us, she showed us the rude man who had just left. When we asked him why he didn't say anything to us, he implied we didn't buy it there but he had the slip for R1200 in his hand.

He was so rude and brushed us off as if we didn't matter, than finally he said he appologises "IF" we bought it there.

Never mat such an ignorant manager who doesn't care about customers like that. I am disappointed in Shoprite the Uitenhage branch.

Expired product followed by bad customer service from the Manager

Shoprite CheckersBus ticket

They sold me a bus ticket for my 2 year old son and I paid full price. APM bus drivers and other attendees they told me that the child does not pay they start from 3 years so they told me to lay a complaint to you guys. The bus is from Johannesburg Park Station to Idutywa. At Shoprite I was helped by Thembekile Simelane

Bus ticket

May 15, 2021

Shoprite — Damage my lawn driving on it

One most rotten mangers brain Danbury CT 06810 they own 350.00 driver damage lawn also door dash lady back up...

Shoprite CheckersPathetic service from Checkers Hyper perishable manager

Monday evening (3rd of May 2021) my wife bough groceries at Checkers Hyper, Sanlam Center in Parow. One of the items was a garlic loaf which she wanted to bake in the oven. She was busy cooking a surprise birthday supper for us and a few people. To her surprise the garlic roll was totally moldy. We were so disgusted at it and took it back this evening to the store. We followed their procedure by customer care and the perishable manager (Marcelino Van Breda) was called in.

My wife's money was given back and the perishable manager told my wife he would sort out the matter. He offered her a cheap jam roll and she told him not to insult her as she is a client who spend nearly, every night, around R500 at the store.

My wife told him that she feels insulted and that his apology was not even sincere. He just shrugged his shoulders and said it was the best he could do.

If this is Checkers Hyper commitment to customers, then we are shopping at the wrong store.

Shoprite CheckersService

I went to shoprite liquor Mpophomeni yesterday the 09-04-2021
                          Was at the door at 17:40 but the doors were already closed and the security guards were only letting people out the shop and not inside. When I questioned this they became very rude and told me straight that they will not let me inside the shop because it's late but the trading hours states they close at 18:00
                          I went inside the food shop and reported this to the manager on duty and she told me that they can let me go inside but they will not ring my stuff if it gets to 18:00 and I am still inside the shop. I'm very disappointed at the service I got from this store and even walked away without buying because they would not let me in. Please teach your staff about trading times and customer service. Unfortunately I was so angry I didn't get a names for these people as I was stunned with the treatment I received.

Apr 03, 2021

Shoprite Checkers — Rude manager

I went to checkers n1 city mall to buy a piece of fish for my lunch with my friend it was so full today so I...

Shoprite CheckersHlengiwe The rudest, disrespectful manager

I have repeatedly experienced the rudest barbaric behavior from the same manager. She is disrespectful, she points her small fingers on my forehead. She perpetrates violence. She is pregnant and I really had to hold myself from retaliating . She has no clue of her responsibility as a manager in the shop. I was asked by a random customer to give her my points card, but I never responded. Hlengiwe came in the middle of this mock and fueled fire, because I was speaking English. I was attached by these strangers and she was in the middle of this behaviour, threw my grocery on my face.

Hlengiwe The rudest, disrespectful manager

Mar 12, 2021

Shoprite Checkers — Unethical behaviour from the superiors

Good day my name is Lucky Maxwell Khumalo my home address is 4049 Constantia Park Maokeng Kroonstad. I am the...

Mar 11, 2021

Shoprite Supermarket Bronx — Employee

My Name is Amelia Langston, and I would like to file a complaint regarding one of your cashiers at the Bronx...

Shoprite CheckersService / layout

You revamp a store with such a stupid layout it is shameful. What a bottleneck at all the tills. People having to shunt trolleys up and down to fit by the till.
                              Then get lip from the cashier as you never put the items down on the right side.
                              Today I had to wait behind someone as the tills are to close together and one must push past the customer in front of you to get to the till attended ringing her number bell and calling come come come.

Should one just hit the customer in front of you out the way???

Who the hell thought out the layout for brackenfell hyper?

Unacceptable!
                              Disgraceful the lack of though that went into this branch.

So customer unfriendly.
                              Will not go back!

Would not recommend... Stay away!!! Wish there was a no star button!!!

Shoprite CheckersCustomer service

Checkers Plumstead Cape Town

The above mentioned branch has the worst and slowest service I have ever come across. The african cashiers has no manner of speaking, insist that you address them in english and really just lack people's skills. They say they are not paid enough. The sushi bar refuses to add extra ginger to their crab stick salad, you will find one small piece in the salad only. The Money Market has no competent staff and two tellers needs to help one client at all times. Speaking of which, there is only two tellers at most at this counter, even at month end.