First Premiere Bank / Overcharged

I have horrible credit. I've been trying to pay off my outstanding debts and pay everything on time to improve my credit. While my credit was slightly getting better, it still wasn't good enough to get a normal credit card. I applied but none approved me...and then Premiere sent me an email saying they could work with me. My boyfriend was adamant about not getting a card because of the trouble they cause. I should have listened.

I got a card with a $200 limit. I figured it would be ok. We can handle that by only making a small purchase each month and paying off the balance. When I got the card, I found out there would be a $150 service fee or something so my available balance would be $50. Ok...if it helps my credit score...no big deal.

Except that wasn't what happened. I made MAYBE 3 or 4 purchases with it in the span that I had it. I usually paid a little over the minimum hoping it would help reduce the balance...Oh was I wrong.

There were SO many fees that the last 3 months, no matter how hard I tried to keep my balance in the black, it always would up in the red. One time, I added up the listed charges and found an almost $10 discrepancy between my listed balance and my posted transactions. I emailed them several times and each time, after a week or more, I'd get an email telling me they couldn't help me...but in that time, it turned out that I was being charged for fees not listed yet. I finally had to cancel my account because I wasn't using the card, but I was paying all these fees.

Not only that, but to make a payment, I had to pay. Usually, I pay all my bills online or over the phone, but both of those options cost between $7 and $12 to do. I didn't know that when I got the card and I told them when i canceled that had I known that, I never would have gotten it. I had to pay for a money order and a stamp...it was just a hassle to pay the bill.

I should have listened to my boyfriend and not gotten the card...rather than improving my credit, I made it worse. If you're like me with bad credit...just pass up the seemingly good offer...it'll cause more damage than good.

Po

Comments

• Ke
      3rd of Nov, 2008
    First Premiere Bank - unauthorized card + fees
    First Premiere Bank
    P.O Box 5147/5510
    Sioux Falls
    South Dakota
    Phone: 800-987-5521
    mypremierecreditcard.com

Received a statement for a card I do not even possess showing an owed balance of $216.47. No authorization for issuing of a card.

• Bo
      20th of Aug, 2009

My God.. this is really a bad experience to me. I have not use my credit card in First Premier Bank but I already got a balance of 200 dollars my goodness what kind of company is this. I've been paying credits without even using it.

22nd of Aug, 2009

First rule that you overlooked completely! Always pay your entire balance in FULL every month! Minimum payments will just keep making your bill bigger and bigger. If you cant afford to pay it off in full at the end of the month, DON'T BUY IT!