Fedex / failed next day delivery

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I had 4 boxes delivered next day from Tampa, Florida to Manhattan. All the packages are reported by FedEx tracking as having arrived in Newark, and 2 of the boxes were delivered on time. Unfortunately, FedEx can't be bothered to deliver the other 2 boxes for another 2 days. Having paid for next day delivery, you would expect FedEx to at least put some effort in. The boxes are sitting less than an hours' drive from my home, and it's going to take them a further 2 days to deliver something that should have been next day. FedEx are truly useless.

Da

Comments

• Da
      24th of Dec, 2008

Ok - it then gets better. Now whenever I contact a representative they refuse to answer any of my questions and just hang up on me. This company is truly useless.

• Be
      27th of Jan, 2009

I had a package due Friday January 24th. When I tracked the package that day to ensure it was on the truck for delivery, it had apparently been "left at the door". This was a business delivery and we are open 8 to 5. Someone is always here. When I called Fed Ex immediately I was told the driver would be notified and that he should still be in the area. He can retrieve the package and deliver it to the right address. Didnt hear back. Called the next day and was told that due to it being Saturday only customer service is open. I needed to call back Monday because they had no way of talking to the driver. I called back Monday and was told my package accidentally was sent home delivery and they workl tuesday through saturday. So now I have to call back Tuesday. Now I am told about their two day policy. So it is now Tuesday and when I called I am told that the driver has until end of the business day and then I have to contact the seller and have them file a claim and have the package re-sent. Which doesnt do me any good because the item ordered is a retirment gift for an employee who had been with us 30 years and the party is this Friday. I seriously doubt they can get the package here correctlty. So Fed Ex is completely worhtless and they have lost our business. NO ONE at that company have seemed to care about customer service...they have been more concerned with not bothering the driver...which is the idiot who can not read an address correctly. It's sad. If this company ever goes under I do not feel sorry for anyone who loses their job.

• Da
      27th of Jan, 2009

I was stuck waiting home all day for a package that I paid extra for 2 day delivery. Finally, since I had email tracking I checked and the driver claimed he could not get here because of snow! It snowed yesterday!! The roads are clear, the kids went to school, UPS is out delivering but Fedex couldn't drive. My mailperson made it...but these lazy amateurs can't drive. He was back at the station before 3 p.m. lazy jerk.

We have a business and util8ized Fedex exclusively, UPS, you are about to get a LOT more business.

FEDEX SUX!!!