Expedia / refund refusal

1 Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-719-9485

I made reservations to go to New York and thought I had a great deal. I was wrong!!! I chose to stay at a hotel in NJ, right outside of NY because Expedia said that it was only 8 miles from NY. They lied. It was about 14 miles. That's not the worse part.

I made the reservations on 11/12 and charged it to my bank card. Some one came in the next morning and recharged my card which meant I got hit with a double charge. When I contacted Expedia about this they claimed they didn't know anything about it until multiple phone calls later along with complete anger, that they finally got that part straight. While in the process of getting that straight previous charges came in and hit on my account and I was charged 5 overdraft fees. When Expedia and I contacted the bank to verify if the funds were available, Expedia didn't want to return the overdraft fees and told me I had to share in the responsibility of the charges. Are they crazy. The bank was nice enough to return 3 and Expedia doesn't want to return the addl. $68. They thought that they were doing something by giving me a $100 as a courtesy for my inconvenience but still doesn't want to pay my two overdraft fees. It was made clear that one had nothing to do with the other. I cancelled my reservations for the two nights and they only refunded my back for one night. What is wrong with these people?

Comments

• Fe
      8th of Apr, 2008

I totally agree ! Expedia is a fraud. I made a genuine error and did mispelled my husband name on a flight ticket that I booked through Expedia. As soon as I received the confirmation I replied straight away informing of the error. I informed them less than 24 hours of the booking. Now they are saying that the name can not be corrected and that I should have contacted them straight away after the booking. I made the booking at 12 pm, it was too late to call and did not think that the lines will be open at that time...

Anyway, they are adamant and say that there is no possibility to corect the mistake and that I will loose the ticket that is unrefundable ( £700.00) I am really angry at this situation. I have been trying to contact BA but they refer me to Expedia as I booked through them. Expedia refer me to BA.

I wonder if anyone has been in my situation by any chance and if anyone can be able to give me some advice.

Esti