Europcar / charged extra

May 9, 2015
I rented a car from europcar on the [protected] to [protected]days total. I paid £ 360. 84 in advance with full insurance. When i got to manchester airport europecar. I asked the man at the counter if the car is run on diesel ? The answer was no. But for £30 extra i could get a diesel car. As we were permanent customers we could get a discount for for £15. 00 extra. I signed the card where it states £15. 00 unit. When i came back to denmark and i got the invoice they had charged me £211. 76 more for a disel car when i tried to contact europcar in manchester they hvave not replied back.

N  12th of Mar, 2009 by
We were on holiday in South Africa, and opted this time for a reputable company for car hire (which we thought was Europcar) as we had some issues with a lower budget car hire last time. The booking was made in the UK at a total cost of £70.

Everything was ok on collection and drop off, it was only later while going through my online statements (lucky that I did) that I noticed they had charged me an extra £183 for what I don't know.

I phoned the UK customer services and complained that I had been charged an extra £183 ... they replied that because it was in south africa, it would take a few days (they have a 9 day SLA). My original call was placed at the beginning of Feb. I had still heard nothing by the 24th Feb, so I phoned back again. They said they had no record of my call, and would need to investigate and call me back, which of course they didn't.

I called again on the 26th, they still had no information on my case, and again came back with the same reply that they would call me back, which again they didn't. So I called again on the 27th. It was the same story over again. They said they would call back and didn't.

It's now the 13th March ... I phoned again. They said they had no record of any of the requests that I had to find out what was going on. I wanted to speak to one of the managers, to which I got a reply I would need to send an email ... lovely. So its been 1 and 1/2 months and they and I still have no clue on why I was overcharged.

What absolute rubbish service and client professionalism. This has to be one of the worst companies I have dealt with in a long time.
N  23rd of Jan, 2010 by

EuropCar - over charging
Laura G
New Zealand

We have been over charged for the rental car hired from Europcar/Auckland International Airport.

When infact within 12 hours of collecting the first rental car we had to return it for another car!

We feel they should have re-inbured us for the hassel of having to take the first rental car back, due to fault.

Europcar International Logo Europcar International