Empire Today / overpriced and inferior staff!

1 502 Sunport Lane, Orlando, FL 32810Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407 8580422

If you have flooring needs, I plead that you never do business with empire today. Their prices are ridiculous and the sales staff are a bunch of unprofessional con artists. Trust me, it starts from the top down. They are sweey and nice once in your home but immediately become terse the moment you hint at not buying. Who, in reality, needs their floors done the next day? The only reason why they favor providing "next-day installations" is because once it's installed, it's yours. You cannot back out! You signed an official contract and now you owe! Beware, people! Any questions, feel free to email me.

Mp.

Comments

• Ro
      10th of Dec, 2007

You ask who needs NEXT DAY SERVICE. APPARENTLY YOU DID! You called them and they showed up. You didn't like the price so you complained. That's nothing new. I want to buy lots of expensive stuff in my life. When I found out I couldn't afford it, I went somewhere else. Big deal!

• Mr
      5th of Mar, 2008

Also in addition to the above fraudulent pricing. DO NOT BITE ON THEIR PROMOTION - NO PAYMENT FOR ONE WHOLE YEAR... They will not mention to you that " Yes, you are not paying for one year but the interest during this time will accumulate." After their promotion date expired, BAM... your bill will all of a sudden be $500. more of what you are expecting... Their credit provider GE.. also do not have good customer relations...
    BEWARE OF THIS PROMOTION!!

29th of Jan, 2010

Whenever you go anywhere and get a "One year same as cash" deal, you are always subject to compound and accrued interest at the end of the finance period. The point is that you pay your balance off before the end of the year. If you cannot do that, it does not behoove you to take advantage of their offer. It is frustrating to me that people want to blame their ignorance on the way that things work on other people. You weren't "duped" or taken advantage of. There is no fraud. Sears, Home Depot, Lowes.. all long existing reputable establishments offer the same finance terms. All of them will add the compound interest at the end of the finance period. It's just the way it works. People please educate yourselves and be your own advocate FIRST. Allowing yourself to remain ignorant to policy, and then calling "Fraud" at the end of it simply because you did not take the time to understand what you were signing up for just isn't acceptable. I have taken advantage of this financing at Sears (2x), Home Depot, and Empire Today (2x). I understood the terms, paid off the balance within the one year as I agreed to, and I have never paid one cent of interest or fees.
    P.S. The Empire Today in Maryland has been phenomenal. The sales and customer service were both polite and readily available both times I used them (2008 and 2010). I wasn't sure about my own personal color choice, and they offered to take care of me. No hesitation, and no hassle. I would absolutely go with them again, and highly recommend them to my friends and family.