[Resolved] Empire Today / floor installation.

I recently contacted Empire Today to get some engineered wood flooring installed in my home. The salesman "Frank Fallen" arrived and was full of smiles. He measured and inspected the area to have the floors installed. I choose the flooring I was interested in and was quoted $3, 750.62 for the full installation. (Carpets were already removed and area was clean). The installer arrived on schedule and advised that the floors were out of level and the salesman should of told me this. Frank forgot to mention that the carpet removal and cleaning was "included" in the original quote. So, the six hours of work between three people was all done for no reason. There was no credit or even a word that the company would of done all of this work. Instead, I was still charged for this extra work that was not completed by the company. The installer/contractor/called me and stated leveling the floors would be an additionally $800.00. $800.00 for three hours of work with one person. The contractor manager conveniently ignored all phone calls and requests to talk while the installer was at work. I was later advised through a voice mail the bill would be $3, 750.62. Approximately 2 months had passed and I had not received any further calls, mail, or emails for any statement. After 5 hours, multiple days of calling and not getting anywhere. I was finally told they had my address and name incorrect and I could not get my statement...REALLY!? I can't even pay my bill?? After another few hours of being on the phone I was told my balance was now $4, 575.62 plus a $27.00 late fee... Empire continues to avoid any conversation about the mistake and overcharging of their service. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Nov 30, 2017

Dear Matthew,
    We've read your review and understand your frustration. We regret the inconvenience, and we'll be in contact with you shortly to further discuss your concerns and start working on a prompt resolution.
    Thank you.