Having problems with SimpleFloors?

+1 800 401 6763 (Customer Service)
+1 800 220 7112 (Head Office)
3371 Martin Farm Road
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Customer service/ poor product knowledge

This company has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. After the company made the wrong recommendation for underlayment for our radiant heat flooring, we lost significant heat in our home and contacted simplefloors.com by both telephone and email for two months numerous times before we were finally able to speak with someone. Not even 1call back or email from customer service within a two month time frame- we even asked the sales rep who sold us the floors if the was a bogus number/email address. Then of course we got the run around. We had emails proving that when we purchased the flooring the sales rep told us to buy foil backed underlayment for our radiant heat flooring which we went with to ensure the warranty was valid. The sales rep told us both by phone and email to purchase this underlayment as that was the company recommendation for this flooring type. We were forced to purchase on our own as they were sold out. After having significantly higher heating bills since install and speaking with several reputable builders in the area (including multimillion dollar luxery home builders), the consensus is the same... The high r-value of the foil recommended is blocking our heat. However, the company will not take ownership of this mistake. If you want horrible customer service, no return phone calls, and a sales staff that has no knowledge of the flooring industry then this is the way to go!

Product Failure

This floor is absolute junk. I ordered 3k worth 2 yrs ago and it is coming unlocked in every room. Watch out for the 25% restocking fee they put on you. Customer service is awful. They take your money then don't answer you phone calls. Beware, Beware!!!
You will be sorry if you buy this floor. Buy local, so you can take it back if you don't like it! AWFUL locking system...

Dear Tim35120,
    We are horribly sorry that we could not meet your standards and we would love to hear from you so we can discuss your questions and concerns either over the phone. Please contact Scott Lewanowicz at 6783650222 to further discuss any issues or complaints so we can help resolve them.

Melissa Liu - simpleFLOORS Suwanee

Resolved poor quality, bad customer service, deceptive business practice

purchased over $2k handscraped. a lot of bowing warping they will blame all the problems to you. the more you open your box the less chance of you recovering a big chunk of your money. was told of 20% restocking fee which is a news to me. owner told me i am the only one who have problems with their product, what a a big joke. run run run highway robbery.

Resolved Buyer Beware

I purcashed an engineered floor in May 2010 and by October 2010 the finish was coming off anf the supposed knots in the wood were nothing more that some putty/plastic material that came up off the floor. Now I have a toom full of holes and pits. I contacted Simplefloors and they have given me the tun around everytime. They keep changing their policy although they supposedly are backed by a 25 year warranty byt CFS corporation who by the way happens to have an ownership stake in Simplefloors. They offered to send me replacement pieces but when I asked who was going to pay for the cost of ripping up the floor, they told me it wasn't covered. One of the reason I bough this flooring as they were supposedly shoen as a provider of Extreme makeover. I think that is a lie too. Buyer beware. Not worth your time or money.

Simple Floors, Inc. Feb 14, 2011

Dear Ms. Sandee, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for Simple Floors to continue improving the (expectation) of exceptional customer service provided. The concerns you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our Senior Management Team and while the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of Simple Floors. Simple Floors Warranty covers 100% replacement of your purchase. We value each and every customer, and Simple Floors' goal is that ALL customer is happy. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you and your family. Please contact Customer Service in order to move forward with your options to resolve your concerns.. Thank you, Stephanie Walden - Customer Service Manager - Simple Floors 800-401-6763 ext 1320 ref#133069

• Fo
    fourwings Feb 15, 2011

Contact : Stephanie Walden - Customer Service Manager - Simple Floors 800-401-6763 ext 1320 ref# 133069.

maxscotty Apr 30, 2012

she doesnt pick up her phone. you will be told to go the store where you bought your floors. runaway from this company. take note of the email, no name! it ends with "sincerely."
    is the owner brando mataya? he lives in miami beach, florida and a realtor?

simpleFLOORS May 24, 2013

Hello there sandee09, fourwings, and maxscotty.
    We are sorry for the inconveniences that you guys experienced with our company, simpleFLOORS. Brando Mataya is no longer with us and the actual owner is Bin Liu. Please, if you wish to contact us, call Scott Lewanowicz at 6783650222.

MElissa Liu - simpleFLOORS

terrilbe service

I bought hardwood floor from Simple Floors and used their installer because they promised me they have qualified installation crew. However, they sent someone without license only delayed the completion of installation but also messed up my home. Their installation crew installed the wrong wood material for the stair noses, and then they painted over the stair noses to try and disguise the mismatched materials. They improperly re-installed our bathroom sink pedestal after completing the bathroom floor. They also damaged the bathroom wall while trying to fix the sink leaks they caused. They did not caulk around the toilet base when they reinstalled it after the bathroom floor was completed. The toilet has also had some flushing problems since they re-installed it. They did not properly re-install the wood floor baseboard. It was broken in places, it stuck out in another place, and there was a missing piece in one area. Your installation crew charged us an additional $ 650 to correct these mistakes.
They ignored my complain and billed my credit before the completing the wood floor installation at my house.
This is the worst service I have ever had. Don't ever work with company.

Simple Floors, Inc. Feb 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving the (expectation) of exceptional customer service provided. The issues that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our management team. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of Simple Floors and Installation Team. I would like to discuss your concerns in detail at your convenience. We will do everything in our power to ensure that this type of error does not occur again. Feel free to contact me at Stephanie Walden - Customer Service Manager, Simple Floors Corp. 800-401-6763 ext 1320

Issues Resolved/July, 2010 Bamboo Floor Installation

Our issues regarding our bamboo floor have been resolved by Simple Floors customer management team. We are...

Resolved Horrible company, money theft

horrible company. I bought 1000sqt of the Brazilian Teak and it turned out to be a horrible mistake.Every box has multiple different sizes and it's impossible to install. They told me to open it out so it can "absorb moisture" but it's just their trick. When I try to return it, they said the open boxes are not returnable. There are 25% restocking fee and only 15 days for return of unopened boxes.This company has only one sale person/boss. They have a small warehouse. Do not buy anything from them. If you plan to sue them, I'll be very interested to help you. forest48 at yahoo dot com

RESOLVED

Simple Floors Apr 06, 2011

Thank you Mr. Forest48 for taking the time to review our product. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving the expectation of exceptional customer service.
    In order for me to research your experience, I would need some information i.e. your order#, name, names of persons you spoke to at Simple Floors etc.
    We are always interested in suggestions that would allow us to improve upon our already high customer service standards and if you don't mind I would like to contact you to discuss your experience and your thoughts.
    Again, thank you. Stephanie Walden, Customer Service Manager - Simple Floors Inc. 800-401-6763 ext 1320
    Feel free to email me at: [email protected]

• Da
    David Raetz Apr 14, 2011

Take a look at all of Stephanies responses, they are all the same, she always wants to discuss your issue but never does. This company is a joke, they make a good product, but the customer service is the worst i have ever experienced. You are treated with more respect and customer service at mcdonalds when buying a .99 cheeseburger. BUYER BEWARE, read all of the posts. Dare you to find a good one.

• Ne
    Newark Richie Apr 02, 2012

Since this website is named "Complaints Board" it stands to reason that it won't contain any complimentary posts

maxscotty Apr 23, 2012

@david raetz - i concur

Dear David Raetz,
    Are you seriously going to every single complaint board just to say that we are a bad company?
    That's completely wrong, since our number one priority is our customers and it always will be. simpleFLOORS strives to create the best possible products for your customer satisfaction and we are always open for you to call anytime. If you feel the need to discuss the situation, please call Scott Lewanowicz at 6783650222.

Cordially,
    Melissa Liu - simpleFLOORS Suwanee

Resolved BAD customer service

This is quite possible the worst company I have ever dealt with. BEWARE!!! I highly suggest NOT dealing with...

Resolved Buyers beware

This store's product is AWFUL! We went with the Steinway Cherry laminate Artisan Flooring because it...

Poor quality, no refund!

Simplefloor.com - buyer BEWARE!! I purchased bamboo floor from this company. They advertise it 25yr finish...