[Resolved] Empire Today / floor installation

1 Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I called Empire and set up an estimate, the hours given were from 3-5 pm given an hours notice before arrival. The rep showed up at 515 with 20 min notice. I originally was getting carpet but the one I wanted wasn't in stock and wouldn't be ready for weeks. I wanted service done sooner so I went with hard wood. For this service I had to pay a handy man to remove the railings in preparation. The installers never came out to my home, didn't call, didn't show. My steps have been exposed with nails and no railings now for 6 days. I was excited to have my home ready for my guest as I was hosting my grandmothers 99th birthday party. Customer Service called and left a message saying they would install Monday, after speaking with them I was told they still may not have all the parts and will call me back. A whole day wasted and no phone call. This morning at 6 am the installer calls and says they are on their way to install my floors?????? I'm now on the phone with customer service and I'm being told they are still missing parts to my installation. This is the worst experience I've ever had with contractors. Not to mention the 100% mark up with a 50% discount for no service or customer service??? It shouldn't be this hard for a billion dollar company. I'm a business owner of 10years and I will be telling all my clients about this horrible experience. I trusted Empire due to their reputation what I have experienced is nothing short of a scam.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jul 03, 2018

Mary,
    We thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we'll be in touch with you shortly.

Ma