Having problems with Empire Today?

Empire Today reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 8, 2006. The latest review wood floor installation was posted on Jun 11, 2021. The latest complaint Been attempting to cancel my contract for 4 days was resolved on May 24, 2021. Empire Today has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 581 reviews. Empire Today has resolved 470 complaints.

Empire Today Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 588 2300 (Customer Service)
333 Northwest Avenue
Melrose Park, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Empire Today Customer Service. Initial Empire Today complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Empire Today above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Empire Today. Discuss the issues you have had with Empire Today and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Empire Today Complaints & Reviews

Jun 25, 2020

Empire Today — Property damage during laminate flooring install

I am writing this now in hope to shed some light on Empire. Last June, right around this time, we had...

Jun 23, 2020

Empire Today — Did not finish the job

Empire Let me start off by saying that the vendors who installed my hardwood floors where awesome. They...

Jun 01, 2020

Empire Today — Porcelain wood planks flooring

I had porcelain wood plank floors installed on may 18. As of today june 02, 2020, my floors aren't...

May 28, 2020

Empire Today — Withholding refund

I ordered carpet from an Empire Today sales rep (Olu Akinoande) on 4/7/20 and gave a $812.50 deposit on a...

Empire TodayFlooring

Had new flooring put in three rooms and now buckling. Now they want to charge me to resolve it. They said my one year warranty is up. I'v had nothing but problems with them. Some of my quarter round is coming apart ant the corners. Please stay away from them. They took over six grand and now they don't stand behind their work. A manager was to call back but still haven't heard anything. This company is nothing but trouble. Stay away from them.

• Empire Today's response · May 29, 2020

Timothy, we regret to hear about your experience and assure you that we take matters such as these very seriously. We'll be in touch with you soon to further discuss your concerns.

May 23, 2020

Empire Today — Poor customer service, credit card being charged without authoziation

We had a salesman come to our house in March we fell in love with 2 flooring for our kitchen and bathroom. It...

Empire TodayCarpet installation

Never Again! Empire is completely inept and unable to coordinate the transfer of a single roll of carpet from Dallas to Houston. The response I keep getting is 'the system is down', so I mentioned using pen, paper and the telephone to coordinate the delivery. That seemed like a completely new concept to the incapable local coordinator and after promising to call me back in an hour with details, I never heard back. Two promised installation dates missed and 5 phone calls later - still no carpet. My advice is to AVOID EMPIRE.

• Empire Today's response · Apr 30, 2020

Dear customer, we regret to hear that your most recent experience did not meet your expectations, and we'd like to know more. Please email your concerns and contact information to [email protected] for further assistance.
        -ET Customer Support

Empire TodayCarpet installation

I am trying to get resolution for a planned carpet installation job I scheduled with Empire Today last year. The contractor who showed up did not have enough carpet to complete the job as spelled out in our contract. I was told someone will be in touch. I refused to pay for the services that are still uncompleted. So without an actual rescheduling to complete the job, I start to get collection notices and threats. I called and got to a seemingly helpful person that said she will have someone reach out to me in Oct. Now it is March - still getting letters for collection, now from an agency on a job that was not completed.

• Empire Today's response · Mar 02, 2020

Dear customer, we're disappointed to hear that your floor is not meeting your expectations. We'd like to further assist you, but are unable to locate your order. Please email your contact and account information to [email protected] for further assistance.

Feb 06, 2020

Empire Today — Horrible treatment from empire

Absolutely terrible customer service. Nothing during the process was explained to us. Had an employee come...

Jan 31, 2020

Empire Today — Damage to kitchen floor

Tenant moved out after being there for ten years. Based on conditions, we decided to replace flooring...

Dec 25, 2019

Empire Today — Carpet installation

We had carpet installed on 12/24/19. There were so many disappointments with Empire Today. We never received...

Dec 21, 2019

Empire Today — Laminate flooring

In October, 2018, I purchased and had installed what I thought was waterproof laminate flooring which wa...

Dec 02, 2019

Empire Today — Rug installation

I purchased a brand new rug about a month ago. It started unraveling around the fireplace hearth. Since the...

Nov 28, 2019

Empire Today — Laminate flooring

Empire installed what was supposed to be waterproof laminate flooring in my home in October of 2018. Very...

Nov 17, 2019

Empire Today — Carpet

I had carpet and laminate installed in my home September 2017. When speaking with the salesman I made it...

Nov 03, 2019

Empire Today — Lvt install and empire today warranty

I had purchased new flooring on 12-30-16 and it was installed in January of 2017 everything looked good...

Oct 24, 2019

Empire Today — Bait and switch

On 10/21/19, sales rep Fareena understood at signing that a major factor in our decision was installation...

Oct 21, 2019

Empire Today — Installation job

I had an Empire sales rep come to my house for an installation job and was told 17 Oct the installation would...

Empire TodayLaminate flooring

This company is an absolute joke! We had them start an install October 2018, it took the guy three days to complete roughly 680sq/ft. Once he was finished we noticed immediately, within a week, that the flooring was starting to lift in several places and many of the cuts were way too short where they should've been covered by baseboards. As well as the stair nose edge that was originally done in the wrong color.
        We called numerous times until finally we got a supervisor to come out and take a look. She agreed that the job was terribly done and promised she would send him out to fix the problem areas. The installer came out, only fixed a few places of lifted flooring, didn't fix the pieces that were cut too short and brought out the wrong stair-nose color again.
        Once again we talked to the supervisor and she said they would send someone out. That day came and went without so much as a phone call to inform us on why they didn't show. We call back to let them know and only then do they inform us that the piece was on back order but they would come out as soon as possible. About 2 months later we called to see when someone was going to come out and scheduled a day/time. Again, that day came and went with NO CALL/NO SHOW! We sent a text to the supervisor and she said they would get us on the schedule AGAIN... You guessed it ONCE AGAIN no one showed up for the scheduled day or time and no one called or returned our calls!
        We sent yet another text message to the supervisor and now she's telling us, "oh well, I don't know if what we have is going to work for your floor." Um... how do you not know?! YOU came out and looked at it yourself and put us on the schedule 3-4 different times, knowing the situation, telling us it was on back order and you finally got the right one, knowing we've been stood up numerous times, but now all the sudden you don't know if what you ordered is going to work... makes absolutely NO sense to us whatsoever. You can't speak to anyone who knows how to do their job or take care of business, but you can sure get them to call you a million times to see if you're ready to install MORE flooring! Nope, not a chance. I'm so disgusted by this company and they way they operate. I regret choosing Empire 100%! I honestly wish that this junk would be taken out and you cancel and refund because it's such a joke! It's unfortunate because we wanted them to do the remaining 1800sq/ft but after this disaster I wouldn't dare. I guess we should've read the reviews on Empire before choosing to go with them but we didn't and now we are stuck with shoddy work from an unreliable company that doesn't stand behind their product at all! They can sure push their sales on you but once they have you on the hook- the care stops there! I would hands down, never recommend this company and we WILL be filing a complaint with BBB and leaving reviews that reflect the treatment and work (or lack thereof) that we've received.
        We given more opportunities than not, to have the situation resolved but it's apparent making they have no desire to do so.

Laminate flooring
        Laminate flooring

• Empire Today's response · Oct 18, 2019

Dear customer, we're disappointed to hear about your experience, and would like the opportunity to make things right. Unfortunately, we're unable to locate your account with the information provided. Please contact us at [email protected] with both the street address and phone number listed under your order. We look forward to further assisting you.
            -ET Customer Support.

• Updated by W. Wilkerson · Oct 18, 2019

ET Customer Support- it says the email address you provided is protected so I’m unable to reach out with what you’ve provided here. However, I also sent a complaint through Empires “contact us” link on your companies website.

• Updated by W. Wilkerson · Oct 18, 2019

You can probably find us under [protected]

• Empire Today's response · Oct 18, 2019

Wade, thank you for providing your contact information. We've located your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Empire TodayThreshold lifting on my new laminate

I have called company 8 times and spoke with customer service and floor managers and each one tells me someone will call me the next day. I yet to speak to someone regarding this matter! We were going to have more rooms done in our home and after this experience you can forget it! If I don't get a response from this email I am getting a hold of BBB and I may call kurtis from Channel 13! This is absolutely ridiculous. I keep getting told you are at a high priority . There isn't any priority as far as I'm concerned that you treat customers like this! You had no problem taking my money though!

• Empire Today's response · Oct 08, 2019

Corey, we take your concerns seriously and sincerely regret to hear about the lack of communication that you've received. We'd like to know more, but are unable to locate your account with the information provided. Please email your contact and account information to [email protected] for further assistance.
              Thank you!