Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] damaged material; customer service sales rep

Had appointment for carpet install; installer noted product was damaged & not installing it. Sales person was notified; I was directed to customer support. Rescheduled for next day install; unfortunately work scheduling did not permit 2 days in a row to be at home for install. I advised that I could be there after 1pm. Customer support line said 50/50 no guarantee that will be arranged, sales person texted back & confirmed done deal; appointment scheduled after 1pm next day. The day of install, received automated call for morning install; forwarded to sales person, no response. Received call from different installers than day prior said they are on way & be at address in 15 min. Call came in at 1045am! This has been extremely inconvenient, customer support is somewhat but not very helpful, sales person I feel had NO CONCERN over the situation but was full of excuses why he was unable to assist. Needless to say, I'm DONE with EMPIRE TODAY; "Tomorrow".

• Empire Today's response · Mar 06, 2019

Tiffany, we know your time is valuable, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your experience and make things right.
    -ET Customer Support

[Resolved] cherry wood floor distressed as the inspector stated

I installed $8800. hardwood floor with a 10 year warranty from Empire Today. They sent someone out because I had splitting in the wood within 3 years after install it is cracking. They sent a guy out to take pictures and notes. He took a picture of my thermostat in the house. I told him I just turned off to clean vent nothing thinking anything else can you believe they denied my claim because my thermastat said 70 and temperature in house was 73. They said inconsistency of temperature is why they denied it. These big companies cheat the little guys gets your money and no warranty after they said I have 10 years. The guys who started the job I had to yell at them to get him out of my home after several incidents. I turned off because my time is also valueable!! I stayed home while I waited for the inspector so I took advanage to clean house so I was cleaning my HVAC area so I turned off to vacuum and change filter not realizing he takes a picture but just minutes early to me everything under house looked good. I am a realtor and will make sure your name never comes up for a recommendation. I was told a warranty BULL CRAP! Have filed a complaint and is considering sueing because you know you were wrong. I want it repaired. You have photos.

• Empire Today's response · Mar 06, 2019

Roberta, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We're disappointed to hear that your product is not meeting your expectations. We've located your order and will be in touch with you shortly.

[Resolved] vinyl floor covering

Approx 1 year ago I purchased over $2, 000 of vinyl flooring from empire. I called on 12/19 to report a crack...

[Resolved] installation complaint on 2/5/19

I called the customer service number one week ago on february 5th and spoke with someone named "liz" who said...

flooring

The subcontractor showed up 4 hours latenon day of install and when addressed he walked out and left. They sent another contractor to my home on Saturday and he was not prepared with product for the job as he said he had no idea I needed the sub floor replace but that was the whole reason I was have the flooring replaced. I took and tire day of work on Friday and nothing was completed.
I will never use them again.

[Resolved] installers broke toilet while putting in back in & won’t replace it.

I had tile floors in 3 rooms, they put ceramic tiles in my guest bathroom. Two installers were Spanish and while one gentleman did not speak a word of English and the second spoke very limited English. Without my knowledge they removed the toilet to place tile under but implored me to go to a hardware store and get another base ring to beable to put it back. I questioned the two rings and asked for a plumber to come and verify their work but since I didn't speak Spanish and they didn't speak English I could not talk or question them. Well all in all after a November 30th installation and after waiting a month for them to come back and repair a loose tile I said to them about the toilet another Spanish man came and fixed the tiles but told me that he wasn't told about the toilet issue and said we'd have to place another claim?? After two months of waiting for this to be rectified and not being able to use my bathroom and with nothing done I called again today and was more or less rudely dismissed and told to hire my own plumber and submit it to the claims department and that they would only cover a $150 part of it?? The average plumber charges $175 a hour and to replace or even fix it would seemingly take 3 hours. Come now "you" broke it so fix it what's so hard to comprehend?

• Empire Today's response · Feb 13, 2019

Dear Zanya, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We've located your order, and we'll be reviewing this matter further. Thank you for your patience.

[Resolved] service, sales, flooring

So much deceit from the $50/room price advertising to the overly friendly and pushing salesman. I can't...

[Resolved] floor

I have an incomplete Flooring job.
Job Site: 2674 Tamalpias Dr.
Pinole, CA 94564

Job: Install Tiles in Kitchen, Family Room, Hallway, Laundry Room, Bathroom.
Install Laminate in One Bedroom.
Clean and leveled floor was provided.

Complaint:
1) Transition strips are missing.
2) Wrong Color Grout was applied.
(We had asked for Chocolate color. We were told that their company calls it "Buck Skin" and that will be used.)
3) No Sealer was applied on Grout.
4) No Baseboard is Installed. Neither around tile floor nor around Laminate floor.
(We were told that Baseboards around the tiled floor will be Ceramic and in the bedroom will be Wooden.)
Because of floorboards and grout issues, we can not move any furniture in any of the above rooms.

10% payment check was paid upfront in the amount of $712
Which is still not cashed.
No Final bill is received yet.
Complaint was filed with the company. Following are the Complaints Ticket #s.

[protected]

Workers have left this job, since Jan 11, 2019. No one has contacted us since then.

Nothing have been resolved yet.
Need Help...

• Empire Today's response · Feb 13, 2019

Farooq, customer satisfaction our number one priority and we apologize for your experience. We understand that we have spoken to you in regards to your concerns, and we'll continue to follow up with you until a solution is reached.
    Thank you.

[Resolved] carpeting

I purchased over 8500 dollars worth of carpet from Empire in New Jersey. The salesperson was a bold faced...

installation of flooring

Scheduled an installation for Nov 28th. They never called or gave a window. I called multiple times to check...

install

This whole process has been a complete nightmare! I hate writing reviews both positive or negative, but the...

[Resolved] customer service

We scheduled to have new carpet installed. We paid in full. The installers did not show up on the scheduled...

[Resolved] carpet insulation

Had salesman out with samples. Was told that the carpet I chose was better than the carpet that I was taking...

[Resolved] flooring

The salesman came out and did a great job "selling" to bad he was full of it! First part was the financing...

[Resolved] carpet installation and damaged tile

I guess I should have read all the complaints before I called this company. The installers did not speak any...

window treatment repair

I had a window treatment done by Empire a few years back. It was a bamboo type roll up shade but they put a thin backing for privacy which I wanted. The window was my front room. It is a larger center window with 2 smaller side windows - nothing huge - but Empire charged me $1000.00. Recently the backing on the middle window was tearing so I called Empire. On Oct 30 a repairman came out but couldn't fix it so it had to be taken to the shop. I paid $60.00 for this plus another $60.00 to be paid when it was returned which I was told would be in about 2 weeks.

It is now a month later and numerous calls have gotten me nowhere except a lot of "sorry" and promises of someone calling me back which doesn't happen. My emails received the same responses of "sorry". I have this paper shade they put up for me as a temporary but I don't have my window treatment or any answers from Empire. I want my window treatment back and want it back repaired. I have been more than patient during this ordeal but now it has become more than ridiculous and I don't know what to do anymore. Phone calls and emails do no good. I would NEVER recommend this HORRIBLE place to anyone. WORST experience. My advice if you want window treatments is to stay away from Empire and go anywhere else. It is now Dec 1 2018 and still nothing from Empire. Not a reputable company.

[Resolved] product and service

I purchased lament flooring November 4, the installer put in the wrong color trim and threshold. I have had 5...

[Resolved] blinds installation

This is Marla Kinnaman. [protected]. I ordered blinds with you 4-6 weeks ago. I was called, by your staff, 1.5 weeks ago to let me know that they are ready for installation. At that time, an appointment was scheduled for November 28 between 9-11am. Since I scheduled so far in the future, customer service stated that the 9am slot would be available since no one else was scheduled on the same day. I was to receive an email or call today to confirm this appt. By 3 pm I had not heard anything yet so I called customer service. First I was told that there was no such order. Second after holding for 28 min I requested a supervisor Edgar. He was able to find my order and that November 28 was the day for installation. He told me that Graber blinds would be installing these. He gave me their phone number to call for confirmation. When I called. The recording said " this is Amy please leave a message " this did not sound like a place of business to me so I called in power back and spoke to a different customer service to let them know that this number may not be working. So they called themselves and got the same recording. So now by this time it's after 5 PM and I receive an email from Empire today stating that my installation tomorrow November 28 would be between the hours of 8 AM and 6 PM. This is not the time that my appointment was scheduled for. I will not be here after 11am. Please help

• Updated by cmonroe · Nov 28, 2018

Marla, we know missed appointments can be frustrating, and we sincerely apologize for the delay. We'll be following up with you shortly to discuss the completion of your installation, thank you.

[Resolved] vinyl floor

The floor was just put down and we noticed a tear in the vinyl. I called several times and it took forever to get a response. they finally came to the house after making me lose another days pay they were suppose to show up between 3 and 4 and got there at 8pm with his family in the car.
he took pictures and no one has gotten back to me. this is just one complaint. I have a list of complaints since I decided to go with empire

• Empire Today's response · Nov 13, 2018

Terry, we're sorry we kept you waiting. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your flooring concerns and start working on a resolution.

[Resolved] floor installation

I purchased Vinyl floors for my upstairs in October of 2017 and finished paying for them in October of 2018 under a special deal. Soon after the install I noticed bumps in the flooring and they came back out and repaired. A month or so ago I noticed the same bumps in the floor and a space about 1/8 or smaller in between one of the boards in the same area. I called a month or so ago and they said they would contact be is a few days, in which they didn't. I called them again last week and they called and I explained my problem. They said they would come out and inspect but my installation warranty was expired and I would have to pay an additional $75.00 and pay for the repairs out of my own pocket! It would seem to me that a warranty on either installation or product would be longer than a year.

• Empire Today's response · Nov 12, 2018

Donald, we're disappointed to hear that your floor is not meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.