Empire Today / carpet installation

1 Spring Texas, United States

Empire Today were scheduled for May 1st. Day #1 They were scheduled to arrive between 10-2. Showed up at 6:30 p.m. without all of their tools and without their vacuum cleaner. Left to retrieve their tools, came back at 9:00 p.m. (still no vacuum cleaner). They worked until midnight. Day #2 arrived at 10:30, left at 2:30 to go back to the first house they had not completed. Came back to my house at 8:15 p.m. left at 9:45 p.m. Unacceptable workmanship. One room was short 2 inches from the door, patch job looks horrible. All four bedrooms had terrible transitions from the wood floor in the hall to the carpet in the bedrooms and up against the tile in the master bath. One of the rooms does not even have a tack strip laid to the transition from the carpet to the wood floor. I contacted the company four times before receiving a callback. I was finally contacted by the Installation Manager. Day #3 the Installation Manager came out but was 2 hours late last Tuesday. He agreed that the areas were substandard and we were scheduled for the installer to come back out again today, day 4 to repair the work. Day #4 (Today) I was no-showed. The installer was scheduled to come directly to my home from their Tuesday meeting, and I was told I would be his first visit and he would arrive between 10 to 11:0 a.m. Each of these days my husband or I have taken off from work. And today, I paid for my decorator to be at my home to make sure the work was completed to industry standard. When my decorator contacted the Insulation Manager, he admitted that he dropped the ball. We had waited for 3 hrs for him. I have not received an apology from this man. He called my husband's cell and left a message for me to come after 5:00 p.m. I have given them my cell number 3 times and my decorator gave him my cell number again today. They still called the wrong number. This is totally unacceptable. I gave them their one chance with the original installer to make this right. It is time for Empire Today to make this right. It is not unreasonable for a client to want a job to be completed correctly within the scheduled time. This has been a very unprofessional and exhausting experience.

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, May 24, 2018

Priscilla,
    We regret to hear that you're unsatisfied with your carpet installation. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.
    Thank you.

• Updated by Mrs. P W, May 24, 2018

Once again, the Installation Manager called my husband and left a message. He has been asked to call my number, but did not. My husband returned his call and left a message giving him my number once again and requested that he needed to call me. My husband has spent enough time from his work to try to complete the process of installing the carpet. He is unable to continue to do so. In fact, if he had his way he would roll it up and put it on the curb and ask for his money back. We have tried to be patient. But, time is up. It is time to make this right, or we will have to take further steps. We have been dealing with this issue since May 1st.

Mr