Empire Carpet / switch on padding

NJ, United States Review updated:
4.45
Had a sales man from Empire come to our home to re carpet livingrm, and 2 bed rooms up steps. The instilation guys came out on 7/12/08 neither of whom could speak english. They put down the carpet and ripped upp the old which they threw out on our lawn. When they were finished the got in their truck and left with no notice to my boyfriend that they were done. When he looked he had seen they were gone and look out side and noticed they had left the carpet on the lawn, now we were told by the sales guy that they would be taking all of that with them. so I called the sales guy who then stated to me that for a fee he would have his son come to remove it, I stated to him that he said they would take it of course he denied this, boy did his whole attitude change from the time he was in our home to make the sale. Because this was a Saturday after 5 pm could not reach anyone in management to speak with so on monday I made my call but had a couple of complaints to add to the situation, there were staples all over the living room floor that were stabbing our feet, in a bathroom which they did not do they left a big strip of the tackless which went through my boyfriends foot, they did damage to an amoir from our bedroom and they put our bed back together with only 1 screw in each end, and the carpet on the lawn, so in speaking with management who was telling me they don't remove carpet it is against the law but yet it is listed on their contract, finally states they would have someone out which happened 2 days later. they sent the install guy out again, but lets not forget he doesn't speak english so communicating with him was real hard, he denied the amoir thing and the bed thing, but neither of these items have been out of place since they were put together and delivered 9 yrs ago. so we go no where on that. Now we find that the padding they put down is not even the padding that we were showed during our sales meeting. I have a piece of that padding that the sales guy forgot to take with him and they are dening that it is theirs they say I got it from some where and they are going to do nothing about it. On our statir steps when you go up them you get stuck in the foot with tacks or something, and we are still waiting to see wht they are going to do about this. EMPIRE WILL NEVER GET OUR BUSINESS AGAIN...AND THEY ARE AWARE OF ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM BUT SAID THAT DOES NOT MATTER BECAUSE THE AWARDS THEY WIN OUT BEAT THE COMPLAINTS. I WILL OF COURSE BE DISPUTING THIS WITH THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY INWHICH I PAID FOR THE CARPETS TO BE DONE WITH...IF YOU HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEMS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME, AND MAYBE WE CAN ALL UNITE TOGETHER AND GO AFTER THEM...EITHER THROUGH THE BETTER BUSINESS OR THROUGH OUR LOCAL NEWS COVERAGE...THIS IS OUTRAGOUES I KNOW WE WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY, AND TO HAVE SOMEONE OR A COMPANY JUST OUT AND OUT STEAL FROM US IS NOT TO BE STOOD FOR...
Ka

Comments

Wi
  20th of Feb, 2010
Yes, they are bandits, preying upon the unsuspecting! As I mentioned in my posting concerning poor quality, their fine print apparently keeps anyone from effectively complaining. I may go see the Colorado Attorney General next week and discuss my options. I wish I'd read this website befor doing business with these clowns.
Su
  5th of Jan, 2012
my carpet was over 1 year ols . like others said . they ddiny speak english well. i told them top put the seam in a certain place they didnt it tore up. i fought this they sent 2 other guys . didnt speak english well they called empire (in spanish) said cant do anything. i trhreatened a lawyer. they finally replaced it, , i needed allergy free carpet so i bought commercial. the two who replaced it . .1 spoke no english. the one who ddi said because i ordereen commercial they most likely didnt have the proper equipmnent ion thier truck. also the 1st time they weer ina hurry . said they had more jobs. i am in PA they are from NJ. & had more jobs in NJnow my hallway upstairs has the same problem. at the seems. by the wall i would never reccomend them to amyone
Su
  5th of Jan, 2012
i agree with all the commllaints ./ this place should be out of business

Empire Today Logo Empire Today