Empire Carpet / warranty

IL, United States Review updated:

DO NOT BUY FROM EMPIRE CARPET!!! They do NOT stand behind their products and will blame the homeowner for their shoddy workmanship and cheap materials.
My husband and I had carpet installed last year by Empire. We did not order the cheapest carpet and chose a mid-grade plush. We first noticed that the carpet was matting down instantly but thought that it was normal since it had been so many years since we had new carpet. After several months, we noticed a distinct wearing in the "high" traffic areas (Note - it is only the two of us - no pets, no children and neither of us wear shoes in the house). After almost a year, we realized the amount of matting and wear was not normal because the carpet looked as bad as our 17 year old carpet we had just replaced.
We called Empire and they sent an inspector who could barely speak English and did not know how to operate my vacuum cleaner. He said that he only took pictures and agreed with me that the carpet looked unusually worn. A week later I received the inspection report in the mail and was surprised to find that Empire blamed the matting of the carpet on my new $500 Dyson vacuum. Their reasoning was that the beater brush barely touched the carpet. The inspector said we had incorrectly maintained the carpet. Since when is regular vacuuming with a high quality vacuum cleaner "improper maintenance"? In addition the inspector lied to me when he said he did not make the decision, and he also neglected to mention the seams that were showing in every room which I had also complained about in his report.

I tried calling the Chicago office to contest the report and they said I could hire my own inspector and if he found a defect, they would reimburse me. Yeah...right. How about if instead I just deal with my cheap crappy carpet and tell the world what a crummy company Empire is? Buyer BEWARE!!!

Comments

• Et
      Jul 27, 2011

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve experienced. It’s always our goal for you to be satisfied with your new home and we’d like to continue working with you to come to a mutually agreed upon resolution. However, without your contact information, we’re not able to look up your account. If you could, please email it to [protected]@empiretoday.com or call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 so we can look into this further and have a member of our customer service team follow back with you. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Le
      Oct 31, 2011

I HATE Empire Carpet, I got ripped off by them also. A bunch of crooks. I get a little satification warning all my friends and anyone who will listen never to even consider calling Empire today... or any day. I had a friend who had an appointment with Empire and called me and asked if I ever heard anything bad about them... boy did I fill her in... she cancelled her appointment. She's been to my house and has seen my disgusting, horrible carpet.

Mar 24, 2012

I was now able to convince 2 people who wanted to call Empire not to call. There sales people maybe worst sales reps out there.

• De
      Dec 12, 2016

Yes, they do deny if a Dyson is used because it lacks a roller brush. But don't fret. Even if they run out of excuses to deny claims, the underpinning manufacture will deny them without cause anyway -- even if you are using an "approved" vacuum at the right settings and have all the cleaning records.