Empire Carpet / warranty
DO NOT BUY FROM EMPIRE CARPET!!! They do NOT stand behind their products and will blame the homeowner for their shoddy workmanship and cheap materials.
My husband and I had carpet installed last year by Empire. We did not order the cheapest carpet and chose a mid-grade plush. We first noticed that the carpet was matting down instantly but thought that it was normal since it had been so many years since we had new carpet. After several months, we noticed a distinct wearing in the "high" traffic areas (Note - it is only the two of us - no pets, no children and neither of us wear shoes in the house). After almost a year, we realized the amount of matting and wear was not normal because the carpet looked as bad as our 17 year old carpet we had just replaced.
We called Empire and they sent an inspector who could barely speak English and did not know how to operate my vacuum cleaner. He said that he only took pictures and agreed with me that the carpet looked unusually worn. A week later I received the inspection report in the mail and was surprised to find that Empire blamed the matting of the carpet on my new $500 Dyson vacuum. Their reasoning was that the beater brush barely touched the carpet. The inspector said we had incorrectly maintained the carpet. Since when is regular vacuuming with a high quality vacuum cleaner "improper maintenance"? In addition the inspector lied to me when he said he did not make the decision, and he also neglected to mention the seams that were showing in every room which I had also complained about in his report.
I tried calling the Chicago office to contest the report and they said I could hire my own inspector and if he found a defect, they would reimburse me. Yeah...right. How about if instead I just deal with my cheap crappy carpet and tell the world what a crummy company Empire is? Buyer BEWARE!!!
More Empire Carpet Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Empire Carpet - fraudulent quote! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - steer clear of empire today! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - price deception! 
- Empire Today - cost of quote 
- Empire Today - breech of contract 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - bad carpet - hey said they would replace-avoiding my calls again 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - cancellation 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - installation issues and unethical behavior
- [Resolved] Empire Today - overall bad experience