Empire Carpet / very ignorant salesmen

1 Aliquippa, PA, United States Review updated:

I had a sales person come to my house to give me a price to have myliving room and dining room. Marty was the salesmen. He was very rude and angry. He had my granddaughter help him bring in his samples of carpeting because he didn't want to make an extra trip out to his car. He does not like to be called Martin as my daughter found out when she called him by that name. He told her don't you ever call me Martin because that is what his father called him, and he HATES that name. He let me know that my livingroom was very depressing. I have been in sales for 15 years and I would never talk to anyone the way he talked to me. As he was showing us how the lamenate flooring was scratch resistant with a coin he hit the flooring so hard that it broke into. I will never use your company to do any kind of work in my house. And i will also let my friends know not to work with your company. By the way( Martin)
works out of the Monroeville Pa. area so just be aware, you don't want to deal with this person.

Comments

• Av
      6th of Mar, 2010

I commiserate with you! We had a slick willy young punk named Aaron. Pushy, ignorant and used sales tactics like a used car salesman. I was against getting them to do the job, but my wife wanted it done immediately...I regret not standing firm. The salesman Aaron, siad that we shouldn't get a minimum wage laborer to do the job because they only hire reputable contractors...WRONG! The installers were straight out of a cartoon and did a shoddy job at best. They forgot to install transitions but the icing on the cake was that they left seven bags of carpet and scraps stating that the had "no room in the truck" to take it.
    I have now been on the phon with Empire to resolve all of this...what a waste of time. We're still waiting for the scammers to call us back!

• Bu
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Thank you for bringing your sales experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our customer service team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at 800-588-2300 so we can assist you.

Sincerely,