Dishnetwork.com / terrible business practices

I am writing to you to bring to your attention the UNFAIR business practices of Dish Network.

I recently moved to Jacksonville in July 2010 and ordered Dish Network service. I had ordered Dish Network service online on June 29th (Order number: [protected]) for 2 TV setup and programming. I have email confirmation of this order. My mother was at home for dish TV installation. Somehow the technician came with an entirely different workorder and installed 1 TV with entirely different programming options and no international programming. My mother clearly indicated to the technician that we needed 2 TVs set up and also we needed International programming. He shrugged his shoulders- asked to call dish network directly, gave her a piece of paper to sign(which she did) and walked away. I got home to find out what had hapenned and called dish network right away- only to be told by the CSRs and the supervisor(Mandy) that since my mother had signed off on the order it cannot be modified now and I will be charged to get a second receiver. Ironically, if dish network had been called while the technician was at home this would not be the case but 4 hrs later it is. I feel it is an abominable way to treat the customers. My mother could have refused to sign the paper and the technician would have had to come back with another receiver-but somehow 4 hrs later it is just all different. They dont care about anything but how to make more money off your customers- let alone care about the feelings of my helpless mother.

To further aggravate matters- now 2 months later when I called in to UPGRADE my service to 2 TVs; I was told not only did I have to pay an extra @200(which I was willing to do_ BUT also needed to sign a new contract for another 2 yrs thereby extending my contract.

I feel that these business practices are designed to exploit the customers.

Me

Comments

• Ra
      23rd of Dec, 2010

Hi,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I understand your frustration and I apologize for the bad experience you had. Please let me know if you are having any other problems or issues and I would be more than happy to assist you. My email address is ray.calo@dishnetwork.com.

Thank you.