Dish TV India / Problem after my recharging

1 Pakistan Review updated:

Sir,
Mostrespectfully stated that i m dishtv maxi user but
When i recharged my card now, they convert my package 2 platinum but i wana fully kids chanells & drama chanells but now i have only cartoon. Network, animax, boomrung, nick india, and pogo but i want to add disney channel, toon disney (Jetix) , and hungama at my dish tv and also i have not star one please tell me what i do for opening these channels.
I ll be greatful 2 u. Thanks
Jazlan

Ja

Comments

• Su
      3rd of Mar, 2007
    dishtv - Fraud business services
    India

Customer care is really hopeless. I got DishTV recently subscribed to MAXI package. After 20 days it blocked my MAXI channels even though I had paid for renewal in advance for 2 months. At Customer care number, none picks up. Visiting their local office provided no help to rectify the problem. The care should really be called Customer We Do not Care. I think it is a scam to sign people in and charge for the set top box and once customer is trapped, do not provide any service.
    I would like to wanr people to be aware and do not get in their traps.

• Dr
      18th of Jun, 2007
    dishtv - Can not watch free channels!
    India

When I first subscribed to dish TV, i was offered the choice of free channels and paid channels. I was made to understand that if did not continue to pay for the pay channels, i would be getting only the free channels. Now, they call up and say that since i have not paid up, they are going to block the free channels also within a week. I don't want the pay channels now after the vacation, as the children have to study. Why should i be denied the free channels?

8th of Jul, 2007

Dear Customer,

I thank you for taking time to write a detailed feedback on our services. I understand and apologize for the fact that we were not able to live up to your expectations.

This is in reference to your complaint that you have given in complaint board. Please share your VC Number and your complaint number along with your contact number. Will check this out at our end and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

• Su
      9th of Jul, 2007

I have subscribed for a scheme called 'dish maxi - new Delhi. At least 19 channels i am supposed to get under this scheme is showing 'conditional access' call customer care center. Now all channel has been closed by dishtv, nevertheless i already paid all amount which given by call center. I have called many times in call center but problems not resolved till date. everytime get the promise that it will be set right within 24 hours. But nothing happens. My dish tv no is 01500630235 & complaint no is 6968777 &7006679.

18th of Jul, 2007

Dear Mr. Manur,

Hope your problem has been resolved now, keep up your happy experience with dish tv and we will hope for live up to your expectation. Happy watching dishtv.

For further queries feel free to contact us:
    Cust. Care No: 18601803474 , 01204443474.
    website: www.dishtvindis.in
    mailid: customercare@dishtv.in

• Ar
      14th of Sep, 2007

Unless TRAI intervenes nothing is gonna happen. These stupid capitalists lack basic business ethics

4th of Nov, 2007
    dishtv - Stay away from DishTV!
    India

Shahrukh khan says "Dishtv hei tau sab Santushth". Why people like him recommend things like Dishtv to the customers and misguide them.

Twice in two months I have faced the problem of "No access " error on all the paid channels. Second time my woes started on 2nd November and since then as a homeopathic medicine all of their customer support engineers telling me the same thing that your channels will be activated in 4-24 hours and tell me to keep the set tune on channel number 550. One of their executive Nalin doesnt even know who is his team lead. Their team lead Nalin promised me that within 30 minutes he will be calling me back.Their so called technical department person Sunil called me up on 4th and said with 10 minutes he will call me back but nobody called me after that.

Till now I talked to sameer, gulfam, sunil (So called from technical department person), naveen and nalin. Its 4thnov night and still the situation is same.

I would never recommend DishTv to any body. Atleast with cable operators you can always reach them easily but to get the things done using dishtv operators is a nightmarish experience.

Better stick to cable operators or check out for Tata Sky.

• Ha
      16th of Nov, 2007

Chennal are not provided properly as I full payment made in advance

• Sp
      3rd of Jan, 2008

hai...............

7th of Mar, 2008

Hi,
    Its true. I too purchased DishTV with assurance from the agent that, I shall be able to watch Free to Air Channels, even if, i do not propose to continue viewing the Pay-Channels. But, now they (customer service) say, i have subscribe atleast for the least subscription of Rs.100/- p.m. inorder to view the Free-to-Air channels. Our Govt. says, DD-I and DD subsidiary channels are mandatory for the service providers to broadcast Free-of-cost. But, may be the Govt. has turned a blind eye towards these service providers. Is there a way out to contact the Govt. especially, the Information and Broadcasting Ministry or to seek help from Consumer Forum. Any suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance. Also, I am planning to go to press on this matter. Please suggest.

• Bh

PLOT 102
    SECTOR 19
    GANDHINAGAR
    GUJARAT 382019

We got a phone yesterday and were guided through the settings
    WHEREIN ONLY 135 CHANNELS WERE SHOWN AS AVAILABLE HE THEN INFORMED THAT WE SHOULD GET IT REALIGNED AS 185 CHANNELS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE
    TODAY 2 CHANNELS WHICH WERE NOT AVAILABLE HAVE MADE THEIR REAPPEARANCE i.e. SAHARA FILMY & SAHARA ONE SIMOULTANEOUSLY TWO HAVE DISAPPEARED

ALL THIS WITHOUT REALIGNMENT

IT SEEMS DISH TV IS HELL BENT ON RECOUPING COSTS BY COMPELLING THINGS WHICH AS A CUSTOMER I CAN BE TAKEN FOR A RIDE

OR

MUST BE TAKING KICK BACKS FROM ANNUAL MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS ONCE WE GET COMPELLED INTO IT.

SHAME FROM ESSEL GROUP ;MR SUBHASH CHANDRA'S COMPANY STOOPS SO LOW
    - Hide quoted text -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: bhavesh shah
    Date: 20 Apr 2008 08:53
    Subject: Re: CUSTOMER COMPLAINT
    To: Customercare

- Hide quoted text -
    THE ERROR MESSAGE IS AS UNDER FOR CHANNELS WHICH I SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW AS YOU HAVE ALREADY COLLECTED THE SERVICE CHARGES
    216 SAHARA FILMY/DD1/DDINDIA/SAHARA ONE/DD NEWS/DD SPORT/HBO/TCM/ZEE SMILE...
    SIGNAL UNAVAILABLE

DISH TV SHOULD GIVE CREDIT FOR THIS INCOMPETENCY/MIX UP BY INCREASING THE VALIDITY OF CHARGES PAID .

ONCE AGAIN I WANT THE ID OF SENIOR OFFICER PLEASE

OR SHOULD THE COMPLAIN HIT
    TIMES OF INDIA-- MY VOICE
    TRAI

BHAVESH SHAH

On 20/04/2008, Customercare wrote:
    Dear Mr.Shah,

Thank you for writing to Dish Tv.

This is in reference to your complaint regarding non reception of channels.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to convey that as per our record the VC-01501232416 is already active and current package of the mentioned VC is Maxi Gujarati Dec 06. If still you are not getting channels kindly revert back with error message.

Assuring you the best of services. Looking forward to a long and healthy
    relationship. Continue experiencing the new TV entertainment with us.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sandeep Bhutani
    Customer Care Desk
    Dish TV
    "The future of T.V. entertainment"

We are pleased to inform you that we have added a new feature 'My Account' page on Dish Interactive channel (999). This will give you details on the status of your last payment made and your next renewal date.

To access, My Account, go to menu, scroll down to my dishtv space and view your account status.
    We would like to convey that the price of MOD service has increased w.e.f.16August, 2007 on selected English titles.

This week on Movie On Demand - (17 – 23 April, 2008)

Hindi Movies : Dhol (5:00 am onwards) Product Code : 50285
    Dhamaal (6:00 am onwards) Product Code : 50286
    Ratatouille (7:00 am onwards ) Product Code : 60188

English Movies : Spider-Man 3 (5:00 am onwards ) Product Code : 70026
    Ratatouille (7:00 am onwards ) Product Code : 60188

To order a movie, SMS MOD and send to 57575.
    To know the product code, please watch Movie on Demand channels (Channel Nos. 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)

For further information on Dish Tv, you can visit our website www.dishtvindia.in or call our customer care number 0120-4443474 & 60013474(along with 3 digit STD code) & 6001347(along with 4 digit STD code) [Accessible from all landlines except MTNL/BSNL lines] or our Toll number 1860 180 3474 (only through BSNL landline telephone). You can also use our SMS service for inquiry. For any Customer Query Type: DISHTV space CQ space < Type Your Query > send it to 57575.

*THIS DOES NOT ANSWER WHY SOME CHANNELS STOP ON SOME DAYS*
    *MAY I HAVE THE MAIL ID OF HIGHER UP PLEASE *
    *I AM UTTERLY DISSATISFIED SINCE PAST FEW MONTHS *
    *AFTER HAVING PAID ADVANCE SERVICE CHARGES YOU ARE GIVING THIS SERVICE?*

On 19/04/2008, CUSTOMER CARE wrote:
    > Dear Mr. Shah,
    > Thank you for writing to Dish TV.
    > This is in reference to your complaint regarding non reception of
    > channels.
    > We would like to convey that as per our records for the mentioned VC
    > 01501232416 renewal has already been done under Dish Dhcp Maxi Gujarati Dec.
    > '06 bouquet w.e.f. 29th March '08 till 20th Sept. '08 and availabe credit
    > balance is Rs. 203.29/-.
    > Please know that as per our records your VC 01501232416 has been paired
    > with the Set Top Box 0639ABC11KS77381.
    > Sir,
    > 9427607851
    > 079 23223351

• Am
      24th of May, 2008

I perfecty agree. I hate Dish TV!!!

17th of Jun, 2008

after getting the connection its not working pls help me out

18th of Jul, 2008
    Dishtvindia - no after sale service

I'm going to throw away my dishTV system.
    I renewed my dish TV subscription for three months on April 18, 2008. After initial complaints, it was doing well. Then all of a sudden two weeks ago Surya channel was blocked with a message for subscription. With much difficulty I managed to contact the customer care and asked why the channel was blocked. He promised to ring back. I waited in vain. Then after one week I renewd the subscription for one month. But this evening while watching the TV, first Asianet group channels were blocked with the message for subscription, and then all the channels including the free ones were stopped. Is there no law to bring this anti-people channel to book?

8th of Oct, 2008
    Dishtv. - Dish Tv

I have subscribed for a scheme called 'dish maxi - kannada. At least 19 channels i am supposed to get under this scheme is showing 'conditional access' call customer care center.

I have called repeatedly. Everytime get the promise that it will be set right within 24 hours. But nothing happens.

• Sh
      8th of Nov, 2008

chanel color is not working so pls do yhe kindful

28th of Dec, 2008

Customer care is really hopeless. I got DishTV two month back. When I got the disttv they said methat the all channels are free for one year, but after two month they blocked all the channel and telling to recharge the channels. At Customer care number, none picks up. Visiting their local office provided no help to rectify the problem. The care should really be called Customer We Do not Care. I think it is a scam to sign people in and charge for the set top box and once customer is trapped, do not provide any service.
    I would like to wanr people to be aware and do not get in their traps.

1st of Feb, 2009

problem after recharging card

1st of Feb, 2009

my vc no 01504772940
    pls check and tel me what to do?

14th of Feb, 2009

channels r not responding regularly