The following are submitted respectfully for your kind consideration and necessary action:-
1. I have purchased Dish TV connection in the Month of May 2011.
2. I am paying monthly charges for the services regularly.
3. Today (08/10/12) at about 12.45 pm when I was watching TV, suddenly there was a message on Screen "Signal Not Found". on seeing message, I checked all connections, that were ok and there was no raining outside.
4. I made a SMS to Dish TV and they call me back.
5. When I briefed them about the problem, they insisted me to take the help of technician by paying Charges (Rs. 150 Plus Tax).
6. There was no such prior information to me. When a customer is paying monthly charges for service provided to him, why he should pay for visit made for rectification of problem related to "signal alignment" only.
7. I agree, if some part would have made default, I would have require to pay the cost of such part.
8. However, it is not just to charges for a visit, which take only 5-10 minute to align signals, because it the duty of service provider that signal reaches to set-of-box.
9. Further, when I am not satisfied with this way of service and I expressed my wish to disconnect the services by depositing back the set-of-box and Dish, the Company is not paying any thing back. That means there is no cost of these articles or the company compelling the customer not to disconnect otherwise he will get nothing.
10. This in entirety, seems to be a binding and exploiting behavior of the company against its customers, as
a) One is bound to pay exorbitant charges for visit made by technician for such a petty job.
b) Company have not even registered my complaint, when I spoke first time with company at 12.55pm.
c) It would take 24 hrs for the rectification of the defect. ( if I would have opted for cable TV connection, they would have visited me without any delay and not asking any charges for this.)
d) Nothing would be refunded, if one desirous to disconnect the services by depositing Dish and Box.
Therefore, I request you to please look into the matter and issue necessary directives to the Company:
a) not to charge for this type of petty services, when customer is paying regular monthly charges.
b) There should be prompt default rectification mechanism in city like Chandigarh.
c) There should be adequate refund, if a customer, annoyed with services, want to disconnect services.
and guide me, before I go to Consumer Court for my grievance redress.
Thanking you with a hope of early action.
Gobind Sharma, Advocate (Chandigarh)
Dist TV VC No. [protected]
Request / Complaint No. [protected] dated 08/10/12