Dish Network / refund

United States Review updated:

I signed up with Dishnet work in a two year contract, Dish promised no price increases untill feb 2013, They lied., no only did they increase the bill, they also dropped channels., they did not keep their promise but expected me to keep my two tear agreement, . well I kept my part of the bargin, then i canceled, i had over a $80 dollar credit on my account . they sent a box to return equipment which was to cost $17, again I fullfill my part of the bargin, It has been canceled since Dec 2012 and i have yet to see a refund.. oh yes, Dish has had the nerve to send me junk mail asking me to come back ... If you try to contact someone about the account, their phone reps, just pass you on to a endless recording . . Buyer beware, stay away from Dish net work, who in their own mind claim to be highest custumer service... dream on Dish, truth is, They Lie...
Dan from Hannibal Mo

Da
Apr 04, 2013

Comments

• He
      Oct 13, 2009

I signed up for Dish Network at the S C Kiosks both at Sam's Club in Gainesville, Florida with the understanding that I would get local network channels. I paid a $59.87 charge at the time of the sale. Dish Network was unable to provide me with local or any other network channel so I canceled the contract and was told that I would receive a refund of the fee paid at Sam's for the service. I took my receipt to them( S C kiosks) and was told that I had to request the refund before the end of 30 days by the salesman. This was the first time that this was disclosed to me and he said that it is stated on the back of the receipt. The receipt states that I have 30 days to return a product but nothing about a refund for services not provided. Next step is the Corp. office.

• Mo
      Aug 02, 2011

Dish owed me a refund of $178 since March, finally in June received $42 dated 6/11/11, have been trying since to get the $136 still owed, told each week check in process. As of August 1 still do not have check. Managers keep telling me in process. Call at least once a week. Now customer service reps won't give last name or direct phone #. Three previous gave but never once called back. Janette Hughs 720 514 8555, x 70379. Betty Ramirez 720 514 8555 x 52701, Justin Holmes 720 514 8555 x 47098... not that their numbers will do any good. Their voice mail but not one person has called back or will answer now.

•   Apr 04, 2013

Daniel t,

Thank you for your post and I'd be happy to help you with that! We hated to have seen you go! What the communication was is that there was a price-lock specifically on the America's Top packages up to that time, not on pricing in general. If you could please private message me your accout information, it would be my pleasure to look over it and assist you getting your concerns straightened out. Please understand that not everyone uses our shipping method to return our equipment to us, so we don't feel that it's fair to increase everyone's monthly rate to cover the cost of shipping. You are by no means required to use our method of shipping, but we make the option available to you. Thank you very much for your efforts and I'll look forward to speaking with you further!

• Sh
      Apr 08, 2015

I order dish t.v and I wasn't able to get it so I need my refund.

• Ti
      Mar 05, 2019

I just order dish and I am a new customer. I only had the service for a few days I don't think its been a week yet. I'm not happy with the service I ask the rep for all kids channels like Disney nick nick jr etc I only have cartoon network I also asked for certain other channels for myself that I don't see its a bunch of nothing channels I paid 329.00 to start my service I called to try and cancel and get my money i paid and was told i couldn't get a refund cause i purchased the equipment!!! i was never informed that me paying 329.00 to start my service was me paying for equipment why would i purchase the equipment? like that's so wrong and i feel like i got beat for my money then i was told to sell the equipment!!! i wouldn't even give you guys one star