Direct TV / fraud, lies and rude customer service reps

1 Seneca, SC, United States Review updated:

When my wife and i signed up with directv i called the directv number in the phone book. And when someone answered the phone they said directv. I never knew that i wasn't even dealing with directv, but a company that pays to use the directv name. No one never informed me of this and i was never told that it wasn't directv. Well, when the guy came out to install the equipment, he was very rude and hateful. He said that it was late and he really didn't have enough cable to do the job. Well, i told him "you mean to tell me that you don't carry enough cable to do your job?" then he changed his attitude and said that he believed that he would have enough. Well, he rushed around trying to hurry like he had somewhere to go and it was on a saturday afternoon. And then he said that he was already missing out and wanting to go out and drink. That he didn't like to work on saturday. I told him that wasn't my problem. And that i wanted it to be done right. When he installed the dvdr he installed the thing and put it on top on my dvd player which was smaller. When i said something about him changing it that it looked sloppy, he said that it would take too much time and be difficult. He didn't even explain how to operate the dvdr. Toward the end of the 4 month special, i call directv and tell them that i want to cut my package down and they say that i couldn't get the least expensive package because the dvdr wouldn't work and i would have to pay more each month for it to work. No one told us this. And when we turned in the redemption form to get a free dvd player. We finally receive a letter saying that we don't qualify because we signed up with an unauthorized dealer. We didn't know it wasn't directv. Because the bills each month said directv. And i called them several times and was put on hold for over an hour. And the supervisor i finally talked with never did come back to the phone when he had me on hold. One lady that i talked to, said that she would credit me for one months bill so that i could go out and afford to buy a dvd player. I told her what was her problem. Not to insult me and talk to me that way. That she was a very rude and a smart aleck. She tried to make me feel like it was my fault that i didn't receive the dvd player and that i could always just go out and buy a portable dvd player. I told her that wasn't the problem; but that was the free rebate promised. And that they were all a pack of lies and fraud. Well, i mailed them back their equipment. And another thing i didn't know that you only rented it. Everything about directv is a lie and fraud. I don't know why they are still in business. The customer service reps are hateful, rude and smart alecks. If i had only found the complaints board website and read all the complaints about directv i never would have contacted them. Please, anyone who is even thinking about getting directv don't!!! Directv is all about lies and fraud and trust me you will have many problems if you get directv. This company needs to be run out of business. Our federal government needs to check on them. It should be against the law to mislead the public by telling lies and being a fraudulent company like they are. I want my voice to be heard and if i can get people who read this to decide to go with another company and not get directv then i will be a happy person and if enough of us go with other companies. Then directv will either have to straighten up or go out of business. Then i would truly be a happy person!

Comments

5th of May, 2014

We have Direct TV now for about a year and half and I just experience a bed attitude fro one of their Representatives who was suppose to help me with technical support, she was telling me what to do to reach behind the TV and check the cable line and unscrew it, I told her I am disabled, and can not stand up long, nor can I move my TV. so I asked my husband who is disabled also he has only one arm, and the one he has is not good, he was trying to do what she asked while I relayed the message; then she said on the converter box which is a small black box that sit on top of my TV, was what she wanted us to do at first unscrew the cable line on it she kept giving orders, and after the light would not come on, on the box she said, it need to be on before she could help, so I said well can you send out technician to fix it she said No, this is something we can do over the telephone, I said since we are disabled we do not know how to get it going without help she said can you call some one or how do you all do if you have a major problem with a appliance go out etc. I said we have not had that problem yet, we are just trying to get the TV going at this time, and you mean to tell me we pay our bill every month, which they have gone up since we got the service, we can't get a service man to come out she was still saying No and was angry talking, rude, so I hung up! I sit a while and layed my hand on the remote control and said Lord please! let my TV come on we do not have the money to get one at this time, and she said they want send anyone out, I then went to the TV, unscrewed the cable again put it back on sercurely and unplugged the main electric plug from the box waited a min. and pluggged it back up, while sitting looking at the TV the satellite monitor came on said searching for satellite and then!!! after the search bar went to 100% Praise! God my TV came on, I really want that Rep. to know she was no help only frustrated and made me angry! Had to ask God to forgive me! People need to be more understanding and friendly with others especially if you are a paying customer, I will be considering other TV options in the future, do not like dealing with customer service, or technicians like that Rep. at Direct TV. Wanted to call to report this but I feel her manager is the same, by reading other reports and complaints about them .