Direct TV / awful service!

1 Queens Village, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-468-6586

Apparently there have many of the same complaints...so maybe this will not be addressed.however recently I brought a new TV with the plan to watch HD stations... Directv has made 6-7 visits to my home with multiple technicians who have not connected the television correctly... (please be aware that we were hoodwinked and told we NOW need to purchase a larger satellite and HD service.) Every week I have a conversation with the customer service department trying to trouble shoot our problem. We continually receive SEEKING SATELLITE SIGNAL 771... on the screen despite our efforts to follow the over the telephone directions from customer service... This is becoming tiring not being able to watch our new television. A proper response would be more appropriate that rescheduling incompetent technicians. At this point we are prepared to cancel our service... switch to Timewarner and contact the attorney general for theft of services... Oh... I also don't like not having TV when there is bad weather... this is when you need TV.

Comments

Dr
  31st of May, 2008

I too just signed up for DirecTV's HD service. First, their TV commercials stated they would have "over 100 HD channels by the end of 2007." They don't.
I constantly get the "Searching for Signal - 771" too. I've found it always happens with a channel change. By using the Previous button, keying in a channel number and programmed channel changes is when it happens.
But, returning to the previous channel then returning the missing signal is there.
1st call: go through all the recorded troubleshooting steps.
2nd call: tried to explain to the computerized answering service the problem. It doesn't understand. I hate a computerized phone service telling me which problems I am allowed to report.
3rd call: talked to a real live person. Same troubleshooting steps as recorded steps.
4th call: they agree to send out a tech. Was able to show him the problem. Nothing he could do.
5th call: real person again.
8th call: Oh, that particular receiver has that inherent problem. Techies are working on it and will download a patch to solve the problem.
12th call: real person. Oh, well you signed the work order stating that you were happy with the installation. That makes sense? If a problem occurs after installation it too bad because work order says I was happy with the installation?
Now.
When the installer came I asked him to use the same mount as the original dish which was located on the outside wall. Later, when I went out I found the original dish still there and the new HD dish attached to the roof.
Which call was I up to?
??th call: I had to pay for the installation of the HD dish. Now I have to pay DirecTV to have the HD dish relocated. Then I will have to pay the apartment manager to have the roof repaired.
Wouldn't it make sense to have the original mount able to be retrofitted for the newer HD dish? Guess not.
In addition now there's a farm of unused dishes on the building because they won't remove them. Just keep adding on with each new account.