Direct TV / non-existent multi-dwelling support

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5

Below is a copy of a complaint letter I filed with DirecTV through their "Contact Us" form. Apparently they do not have a mailing address for official complaints and accountability is non-existent just like their support for subscribers in multi-dwelling units.

I will post any response or resolution to assist anyone else experiencing similar difficulties.

To Whom It May Concern:

I just experienced the worst US based customer service of my life. As a subscriber I am being put in the middle of a finger-pointing session between the contractor selected to provide service (Consolidated Smart Systems [protected]) and DirecTV, to whom I pay a subscription fee for service.

Equipment was installed by Consolidated for my building and the wrong identification info was provided in the paperwork to DirecTV thus preventing the building from properly receiving signal since the actual equipment is not authorized. My building manager has been in contact with Consolidated on multiple occasions and they are unresponsive since the problem is with DirecTV programming.

I contacted the DirecTV customer service department this evening hoping DirecTV would be proactive about resolving the issue and allowing their subscribers in the building to resume service. This was not the case.

I spoke with the level one customer service person expecting to escalate, which I did. I then spoke with Helen-LC597, a supposed supervisor. She was indignant and rude when I attempted to explain the situation, claiming DirecTV has no way to obtain authorization to resolve the issue and that your company is not even permitted on the premises--even with approval from the property manager. She refused to provide me with any information at all and told me to contact my property manager and nothing else. I requested to speak with her supervisor and was quickly passed along to Nancy-LC044. Nancy was more pleasant than Helen at first, but quickly regurgitated the same information like she was reading from a script. I asked her the following simple questions: 1) Can you please provide me with the phone number for my property manager to call to resolve the issue; 2) Can you provide me with the physical address to which I can send a complaint; 3) Can you provide me with your supervisor's name?

Nancy flatly replied "NO" to all three simple requests. Is this the role customer service plays in your company? Is it somehow not in DirecTV's interest to ensure their subscriber's are able to receive signal in their building? How am I, the consumer, supposed to resolve this issue? Any enlightenment you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to a prompt response and a swift resolution to this issue. This has been going on for weeks and is expected to go on for several more weeks if nothing changes.

The address of the property in question is:
Santee Village Condominiums
738 S Los Angeles Street
(I'm in unit 306)
Los Angeles, CA 90014

I can be reached via e-mail or telephone as listed in this request.

For a company priding itself on customer service you sure are acting a lot like a cable provider. Do multi-dwelling units count when measuring customer satisfaction?

Best Regards,

Chris Mammarelli

Comments

Mi
  12th of Jan, 2008
Direct Technologies in Dallas, NC contracts for Directv and they refuse to pay me the $3000.00 owed to me for working for them. The owners Jessica told me I was getting my money back in October 2007 and Stacy her husband will not pay me. He has a criminal record for being a thief. If I had known this when I was hired then I would not have worked there. This is a low life ### company. Please avoid them totally. They will rip you off!!!
Ca
  23rd of Aug, 2008
Chris

Has your problem been addressed and fixed? I am currently looking into getting DirecTV MDU connectivity for my condo association. After contacting me to DirectTV they are referring me to Consolidated Smart Systems. Overall, the process has been a pain and I cant even get someone to come out and do a site inspection. So far I am dissapointed with this process. I am sorry to hear about your problems...

DirecTV Logo DirecTV