Direct TV / early termination fee charged!
I had been a DirecTV customer since September of 2001. I had been very happy with my service and really did not have much of a problem with Directv until I canceled my service in August to go with a better offer w/HD etc from Dish network. When I called up D-TV to cancel service. I was told they would have to bill me an early termination fee that I would have to write a letter in order to resolve. I did not think much of it but said that was fine. I sent in my first letter on 9/14 and never received a response from Directv. I called and spent another hour on the phone with a "customer service" person and a manager who again informed me that it appeared my 1st letter had been denied requesting the $125.00 fee be dropped. I was told to send in another letter. I did send another letter but before I did that, since I had originally been on a direct pay credit card billing, I reversed the charge for the cancellation fee. Problem was with this is that D-TV deducted $43.18 for credit from my current month service that I was charged prior to use. So I no longer am out the whole $125.00 but rather just the $43.18 since my credit card company could only charge back what Directv charged which was $81.82. I called again today 12/30/07 just to check on any status from my latest note and of course I was told there was nothing to be done because I accepted some promotion this summer that was supposed to give me premium movies free -- which I never received or used. After this type of treatment and reading other postings on this site and other sites, I now understand that there is nothing else that I can likely do. I may write one of the local tv stations help lines to see if they can assist. I just want others to realize the kind of snafu this Directv company does even when dealing with long time customers.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Bully Service, Long Phone Calls, Falsifying Under Service contract when you Disconnect
- DirecTV - Service Call
- DirecTV - customer service rep/returned equipment charge
- DirecTV - inappropriate billing for cancelling my direct tv acct
- DirecTV - canceled and rescheduling appointment