Direct TV / billing for service never received
I just got off the phone with the service department and could not get my issue resolved. I came in from a business trip on Sunday and found that service had been disrupted. I called customer service earlier today and together we discovered a charge on the 8/19/08 bill in the amount of $79.95 for a service call on 8/18/08.
I did order a service call but not one came. It was not an emergency situation so I figured that was the end of that and went about my business. In doing the research today I found out about the charge and called to have the service department reverse it.
I explained the situation and was told that they would "absolutely not" reverse it because according to your records the call was made and because I had not called "immediately" after the no-show. I should have called sooner.
I did not call "immediately" because I had no reason to call - no one showed! I did not call "immediately" because I had not noticed the charge on the bill until today. I did not call “immediately” because I would not have even thought to look at it was it not for the service interruption. I pay my bills electronically and would never have noticed the charge if not for the spike in the bill which led to the disruption. I would have paid the bill and been none the wiser and DirecTV would have gotten over on me.
You better believe that I will be taking a magnifying glass to my DirecTV e-bills from now on. I cannot believe that DirecTV would treat a long time customer this way. I did not know that you had an expiration date on courtesy.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv