Direct TV / billing for service never received

1 P.O. Box 6550Greenwood Village, CO, United States
Phone: 888-237-8327

I just got off the phone with the service department and could not get my issue resolved. I came in from a business trip on Sunday and found that service had been disrupted. I called customer service earlier today and together we discovered a charge on the 8/19/08 bill in the amount of $79.95 for a service call on 8/18/08.

I did order a service call but not one came. It was not an emergency situation so I figured that was the end of that and went about my business. In doing the research today I found out about the charge and called to have the service department reverse it.

I explained the situation and was told that they would "absolutely not" reverse it because according to your records the call was made and because I had not called "immediately" after the no-show. I should have called sooner.

I did not call "immediately" because I had no reason to call - no one showed! I did not call "immediately" because I had not noticed the charge on the bill until today. I did not call “immediately” because I would not have even thought to look at it was it not for the service interruption. I pay my bills electronically and would never have noticed the charge if not for the spike in the bill which led to the disruption. I would have paid the bill and been none the wiser and DirecTV would have gotten over on me.

You better believe that I will be taking a magnifying glass to my DirecTV e-bills from now on. I cannot believe that DirecTV would treat a long time customer this way. I did not know that you had an expiration date on courtesy.