Direct TV / illegal contract/ripoff

1 Detroit, United States Review updated:
Phone: 313-675-0211

On february 25, 2009 I placed an order for at&t u-verse triple package installation. The at&t sales representative called me and I received a confirmation number along with a date of march 16, 2009. On march 16, a directv tech came to my house. I asked him why he was at my door and he said, directv is doing contracting work for at&t cable service. I let him in thinking he was placing at&t cable and on top of that, he didn't complete any installation for phone and the internet service. So I began to make calls to at&t and direct tv to resolve the problem. At&t finally sent a tech out to install u-verse.In the meantime, a representative from at&t called direct tv along with me on the phone and explained what happened. I don't know if she typed any information into my account. Well, I have been calling directv to cancel my account. I was informed that I would have to pay for a contract I agreed to which is for a year and a half. How can I agree to anything when I never even mentioned directv while placing the order. The supervisor says, that they sent me a confirmation letter that I never seen or signed. How can I be held accountable for something I didn't request or confirm. I have been working with at&t to resolve this problem but I am so appauled that I have to take some form of action as soon as possible. If you can help me in any kind of way, I would appreciate it. Also the supervisor wouldn't give me the number to their headquarters nor her last name. She wouldn't even give me the name of the sales lady, just her i. D. I'm not sure if that's even correct. We all work too hard for our money for someone to take advantage of a situation. This is downright disrespectful, abusive, and it should be illegal.

Comments

• Re
      18th of May, 2009

sorry to hear what you went through
    BUT...
    Call centers are buckling down and a lot of them (not all of them) but a lot of them are not allowed to release any form of their last name, just employee numbers. Also a lot of them cant even tell you what city they live in, some cant even release the state they are in. This is due to rising crime from phsyco customers against call center reps. At a call center here in the U.S. a customer got mad because a call center rep would not give him a credit (for something that was his fault, no fault of the company at all). He asked for her last name, the state she worked in and the city. He found this call center and sent flowers to the representative (from a secret admirer.) Well she gave them to her buddy because she did not want her husband to get mad. When her friend walked out with the flowers to go home, she was shot down and killed by that man. He waited for the person holding the flowers that he had bought to exit the building, that way he could kill the person who made him mad for not giving him a credit that he did not desearve. And this is just one example of why.
    So next time someone wont give you the last name, only a number, is because thats all they can give you!!! And for damn good reason, we have a lot of phsycopaths out there. But keep in mind this can work the other way, dont be rude to the person who is looking at the address in which you and your family live, your social security number, and your credit card at the least, if not more information. They could ruin your life serriously. This country needs to WAKE UP and BE NICE!!! You dont get anything you want from being a jerk or throwing a fit, come on now, we teach our two year olds that.

4th of Jun, 2009

Complaints about "bait and switch" and "trojan horse" scams by At&T/DirecTV are rampant. Some federal group really needs to look into this.