Direct TV / billing dispute

1 Cornelius, NC, United States Review updated:

For any billing problems/early cancelation charges call the directv home office in el segundo, ca. The phone # is [protected]. Ask for bobby vernon. He works in the office of the president as the cusomer care manager for directv.

He has the authority to correct all the billing mistakes and you do not get the run around from the customer service call center and being placed on hold for what seems like for ever.

Ma
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• De
      1st of Sep, 2009

Bring back the VERSES channel I will switch to DISH because we watch channel 603 all the time and will not go without it. I think you just lost a customer of over 10 years.

[email protected]

I am also going to call the complaint department for all the good it will do.
    09-01-09

13th of May, 2008

Thanks for the help!! They resolved my issue quickly!!

If I knew who you where I would buy you dinner

• Lw
      9th of Oct, 2009

Directv is a rip- off having charged me fraudulent billing (overcharges) for services that I
    haven't asked for, they even double billed me for a payment that was late for 2 days. I am
    really unhappy with the lies that they try to cover up. They will reap what they sow!

• De
      1st of Sep, 2009

I just wrote my comment I want the VERSES Channel back We will switch to DISH if we have to .Channel603 Verses is one of our favorite channels and we will not go without it so whatever your problem with Comcast is SOLVE IT and make your customers happy because you are not the only company to get this service from.

Have a nice day
    Delores

12th of Jul, 2011

Just used this number on July 12, 2011. Was tired of dealing with outsourced customer service crap. This number actually transferred me to the president of the company's secretary. She was outstanding and resolved my $192 billing overcharge instantly. Thanks for posting this number, otherwise I would still be on hold or righting a useless dispute letter.

•   3rd of Feb, 2017

ACCT: 8196453
    Deltona, FL 32725
    [removed]
    I am disputing an unauthorized charge to my checking account for the amount of $284.21(two-hundred eighty four dollars and twenty-one cents). When I made the deposit for the service on December 24, 2016, I requested that after the deposit I made with my debit card, in which the debit card was to be removed from the DIRECTV account. The specialist advised me to wait until the account was active and call back to remove that account number ending in 7100. When the account became active on December 26, 2016 I called DIRECTV back and provided them with the visa credit card ending in 0178, to set up the auto pay. I also requested that the specialist delete my debit card ending in 7100, and was assured that it was deleted. To my surprise my checking account was debited $284.21(two-hundred eighty four dollars and twenty-one cents) on January 8, 2017.
    I called DIRECTV and asked for the funds to be put back in my account; I was told by a supervisor that it would be refunded into my account within seven days. Despite what the supervisor told me, I received an email from DIRECTV informing me that my refund was only $29.59(twenty-nine dollars and fifty-nine cents). I called DIRECTV to find out why I got $29.59(twenty-nine dollars and fifty-nine cents) instead of my refund for $284.21(two-hundred eighty four dollars and twenty-one cents). After several calls I was told by a supervisor in San Antonio that the reason I didn’t get the full refund is that I had to send the equipment back. He stated that once I sent the equipment back the remaining balance of $254.62(two-hundred fifty four dollars and sixty-two cents) will be refunded to me by a visa card. He also said he will be sending out a recovery box; however I did not get the box within the timeframe of seven days that the supervisor stated. So I called to let DIRECTV know I did not receive the box, and the specialist in San Antonio told me the box was at my local post office and then expressed to me that he would send me a new kit to ensure that I did receive the box.
    I visited my local post office to find out that the box was not there. Shortly after, I called DIRECTV on February 3, 2017. After speaking to a specialist in the Philippians, I found out the recovery box was never sent. This is very frustrating for me; it seems like every time I call DIRECTV each specialist has a different story about my account. NO ONE IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ACCOUNT. I don’t understand how I am offered more money to come back to DIRECTV than giving me my two-hundred eighty four dollars, and twenty-one cents back. If you view my account, and also listen to the calls from the time my account opened to today’s date and see how my account was opened from day one with miss information and false direction. I don’t understand why DIRECTV is putting me through such HELL to get my refund. Please look into this matter, my next form of action is to inform the better business bureau, and small claims court.
    This is not right what this company is doing, and I know for a fact that if I ask the company to delete an account number from my file. THAT MEANS YOU DO NOT HAVE AUTHORIZATION TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF THAT ACCOUNRT!, after the specialist reassured me that it was deleted. After several calls and speaking to several supervisors I was informed that the only way a form of payment (debit/visa card/checking account) can be deleted is by closing the account. Please resolve this issue. Thank You.

• Bo
      3rd of Sep, 2009

ACC # 641243380

To who this my concern at directv:

On august 17th I call about Installing a dish, and counceling my CABLE service !
    I could not get cable to lower my BILL By changing my service!
    It was always going up ! The're Special Offer's only go to new custormer's !!
    I was going to get the $24.99 package for one full year,
    But your SALESMAN named ( Paul ) talked me into the Premier package for 5

month's, Then I could change to what I wanted for my remining 19 month's on my

contract !!! He ( Paul ) Said I could get this package for $49.99 plus tax of about $4.50,

$54.99 And with this package I would NOT HAVE to go thru' the REBATE !!
    So I took this package !

On august 18th I decited to add another receiver for another room, So I called back

this time talking with salesman ( EMIL ) He said My Bill would be $59.99 plus tax of

about $4.50 Plus $5.00 for the addition! I told him what ( Paul ) said it would be,
    He looked back and said (Paul ) was right and my BILL would be $49.99 Plus $5.00

for the addition plus around $4.50 tax Total $59.49
    So they Installed It on the 19th did a Great Job, But on the 24th I got a BILL for

$69, 53 which is not what I ask for !!

I call back and talked to another salesman !! I think his name was ( Paul ) also, He

said this was correct ! I said it's not, he put me on hold, when he came back he agreed

with me and said he would forward it to someone to get corrected ! I Have heard

Nothing !! At least it took Cable 3 Years Plus to get to there highest Bill, It Took

DIRECTV To MY FIRST BILL To S----t Me !! I would not recomend Directv to
    anyone for this reason ( But I Guess I'm Stuck for 2 Years ) THEN I CAN CHANGE
    TO DISH NETWORK

• Gh
      28th of Sep, 2009

Directv can suck it! I called them and tried to cancel the HD programming but keep the standard programming. When the installers talked to the customer service rep., she informed them and myself that she canceled the whole thing. In order to get it again, i'd have to resubmit my credit information and checking account information. Appalling since i didn 't cancel the account. So, here's my morale of Directv, they can screw up your bills, your order and some installations but it's never their fault! They in the Office of the PResident have no pull over mess ups like this and Mr. Vernon is as useless as a one arm man in a tug of war contest. The whole office of the President is useless. They made the rules and can't enforce them. They could easily find out why this happened, instead it's they did nothing wrong... well, DishNetwork now has my 100.00 a month bill and Directv can... suck it!

• Da
      16th of Apr, 2010

In Dec 5 of 09 I called directv to order the promotional package, which included showtime for 3 months.
    they were able to install it the very next day sunday Dec 6 09. I cancelled the service on the Dec 14 09.
    When cancelling the service rep. for Direct TV said, I have 15 days to cancel in Montana.
    They told me they would send me the boxes to return the receivers. I did sended receivers back to directv and I have the tracking # and the person that sign for the receivers. The Customer service rep, told me that I would not be charged and early cancellation fee as I cancelled within directv policy for montana. I did get charged 460.00 dollars. I then call customer service billing dept and explain the situation and they told me I was correct and that it will take 6 to 8 weeks to process the refund. Well its been 4 months and still no refund.
    All I want is the charge for the early cancellation fee reversed. You have your receivers.

• Dr
      16th of May, 2011

DIRECTTV has a very bad service. We actually signed a contract with VERIZON for 12 months, and not DIRECTTV claims that the contract/user agreement is for 12 months. We never agreed to a 24-months contract!!! They now refuse to give us back our deposit.

• Ge
      30th of Jan, 2013

i have a problem with my november bill i paid it with a 200 dollar money order on november the 10 moneyorder number[ z119013409] it was never credited to my novmber bill but the money order was cashed [on decmber 5] and filled out to direct tv. i would like it credited to my account thank you

• Ms
      6th of Dec, 2008

As a previous logger I also received an unauthorized charge to my account after cancelling service to DirectTV a few weeks ago. The charge was taken from my bank account the following week. This is rediculous. I was with the company for a total of 3 years so of course my contract was up. I had problem after problem so I decided to cancel service and move on. I really like the company that I switched to. The customer service is excellent. Great technicians. I own the equipment with DirecTV so there was not an issue with returning the equipment back to the company. I wish that when I cancelled that I was informed about the remaining balance withdrawal. It caused my account to go in the negative and further I have not used that account in a while to pay this bill. I think the company is full of it. My payment was not actually due yet when the funds were taken. Turn away from satellite. Fiber Optics is a better solution.

• Ro
      4th of Oct, 2014

My husband passed away suddenly & unexpectedly in June-I called DTV to cancel the acct.-it was in his name-they said if I canceled, there would be no early termination fee but talked me into a lower priced pkg. -I said I'd try it for a couple months & see if I could manage it. I can't. Called today to cancel, was told the acct. has always been in my name, that he was never on the acct. Unfortunately for them, I save my bills for a year after I pay them & yep, billed to my husband from 1997 all the way up until July. When I went w/the lower pkg. they switched it to my name without my knowledge. Once they realized I had proof, they said there would be an early cancellation fee because I'm not an authorized user on the acct. First they say I've always been the only one on the acct., proved them wrong, then they say I'm not an authorized user - it's in my name! I'm cancelling because I lost my husband & can no longer afford it & they're trying every which way to hit me with an early cancellation fee. I'm turning this over to my attorney Monday and I'll let him deal with these idiots.

• Di
      2nd of Sep, 2015

Liar's liar's liar's DirecTV is trying to charge me $647.19 for csncelling my service what a scam. My bill was only $136. They are charging for equipment so once I turn in the equipment they are only taking off $137. What a SCAM I am going to report them to the BBB also my attorney .

• Di
      2nd of Sep, 2015

DirecTV is not 100% true they don't live up to their standards that's why they're so cheap to get the poor customer caught up .Please everyone that's reading these complaints its very true. Spend a little more and get quality service. Verizon good choice.

• Cr
      24th of Feb, 2016

I payed 321 dollars on the 18 of February 2016 for DRTV here's the photo were the money was taken out and there trying to credit me 28 dollars that the system says they only took 28 $ out I don't think so

4th of Apr, 2016

In March 2016, I rec'd my bank statement. I had been staying with my sister after surgery and did not look at Jan. and Feb. bank statements. There were 4 charges on my bank statement that I did not authorize. I went to the bank to dispute it but because I did not dispute the first 2 charges, they said it was my responsibility to get the charges reversed. I called DirecTV and spoke with Maria who stated I needed to speak with someone in a different department. She gave me the number " in case we get disconnected". We did get disconnected so I called back to the number Maria gave me. I was informed I had the wrong department. I was given another phone number which I called. There I was told to go to DirecTV web site and file a complaint. What a run around. At least for April 2016, I will not be paying for someone else's DirecTV bill.

• Jy
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Direct TV - Biiling

Estuve con Direct TV por as de 24 meses(2007-2009).Primeramente la instalacion es una basura no tiene nada de profesional como ellos dicen hoy mismo acabo de tomar fotos de la instalacion de mi casa tan horrible.Yo les reclame al principio acerca de la instalacion pero nunca vino un supervisor ni me llamo nadie para preocuparse de mi queja.Al pasar unos cuantos meses dejaron de funcionar varios canales, les llamo para reportar el problema pero resulta que el dish estaba desaliniado y que por eso no se miraban los canales.El costo para arreglar el dish era de $80.00. Yo no lo arregle no creo que era algo justo .Bueno cumpli mi contrato y pase mas meses con ellos. Decido cambiar de compania primero para cancelar es un dolor de cabeza porque te offrecen viilas y castillas, porque no me ayudaron antes!!!Bueno para resumir despues de cancelar a los dos meses me envian una cuenta de $47.00 por supuestamente una tres peliculas que se vieron en pay per view en el mismo dia en el 2007 que no las cobraron antes porque supuestamente no estaba conectado el telefono y que ahora cuando devolvimos los recibidores fueron que verificaron la tarjeta y nos mandaron el bill.Pienso que esto es ridiculo con la tecnologia tan adelantada si asi como supuestamente se bajaron las peliculas haci mismo ellos debieron saber y cobrar en el 2007 no en el 2009.Pero no tan solo eso sino que eso tiene codigo para autorizar la pelicula y peor aun Yo NO vi ni pedi las peliculas que ellos estan reclamando ahora despues de tanto tiempo.Son ridiculos y absurdos y nadie en mi familia, amigos o conocidos recibiran recomendacion mia hacia ellos al contrario no se atrevan USAR DIRECTV.

• Ni
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Direct TV - Bill Dispute

This is an old account 80018265 in my name (Nitanja Barnes) in the amount of $879.55, at the address of 5836 Hickory Commons, Memphis, TN 38141. I am disputing this bill because we sent the receivers back in the boxes that was provided for us. I was set up to get service at my address now when I called on Sunday everything was a go but then on Monday that is when the bill came up. I want to know how this bill is some much and I sent the equipment back to you. This is not making at sense so please take this off my credit because I do not owe this bill. This is really about the billing of the equipment.

Nitanja Barnes
    901-249-7093

• Ta
      4th of Aug, 2016

To who it may concern .. My bill is due to be took out of my checking account on the 16 of every month sent I sign up with direct TV. It has been going good until, now on my end it said that it went through I get a call on 8/4/2016 saying that it didn't go through. Wondering why it took 2 weeks for them to get in touch with me? my account has always been paid on time. I do not feel like this is my fought, this on your end not mines.