Direct TV / falsely charged $240
In November 2009 my HD receiver stopped working, and DirectTV sent me a new receiver. The box from which the new reciever arrived contained no mail back instructions or a return miling label. I spoke with a service representative and they informed me that since I owned the receiver and that it was "old" that I did not have to mail it back and IO could dispose of it however I wished. We received no notification over the next two months that we had to trturn the broken receiver. In early January I disposed of the broken reciever.
My January bill included a non-return fee of $240 for the broken HD recevier. I called DirectTV, and on a two hour phone call was told by two different people that they had charged me inc4240orrectly, that I did not have to return the broken receiver and that i would be credited the $240 on my next bill.
I received a letter this week telling me that i still owe the $240. I called DirectTV on a 90 minute phone call, where I was told that they felt my circumstance was unfair, yet they could not credit me the $240.
I followed instructions provided to me by a DirectTV representative, and because of those intructions i am being charged $240. I would have gladly mailed the broken receiver back had I been intructed to do so either verbally or by mail. I am asking for your help in this matter as I am being stonewalled by DirectTV and their representatives.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - complaint
- DirecTV - payment problem
- DirecTV - auto payment after account closed
- DirecTV - billing, unauthorized removal of programs and services
- DirecTV - direct tv/ re: billing and payments