Direct TV / game lounge

1 Camano Island, WA, United States Review updated:

Dirctv first asks you to tune to their game lounge channel for a free game and then put that on your bill monthly without any warning. Just another $5.99 a month charge that they charge you that you did not sign up for.
I caught them after two months of this on the second day of the second month they were charging me and they told me that they could not credit me for any used time which is the next 30 days of this month that I am getting charged for. What a rip off!

Comments

• La
      10th of Jan, 2010

I, ladybug_dish, 3474 am very unhappy with the token score I just got after logging back on. When I log off this morning my score at the 40 level 2nd bar was 372, 147. I just log back on @ 2:15 pm and I lost a bar and my score is @ 368, 677. What happened. This is not the first time this has happened.

• Sw
      29th of Apr, 2010

would like tp o start game lounge account no phoneline connect code gl7 email address billycas1@gmail.com

• Sw
      29th of Apr, 2010

game lounge sign in code gl7

• Fh
      21st of Jun, 2010

Whistleblower fights back after frivolous suit by FHTM for exposing their ILLEGAL Pyramid Scheme

Lexington, Kentucky - June 16, 2010 - In light of all of the recent investments scams including the infamous Bernie Maddoff, whistleblowers and those with morals fear that the frauds they expose will result in unjust lawsuits filed against them by the companies they complain about. One such situation was that of the lawsuit filed by Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing against Fortune Social LLC and Joseph Isaacs in May 2010.

Joseph Isaacs and Fortune Social, LLC (collectively “Isaacs”) deny each and every claim brought by Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing, Inc. (“FHTM”) in a filing made today with the American Arbitration Association, who is overseeing this case. In addition, Isaacs fights back and asserts his own counterclaim for relief against FHTM, Paul C. Orberson (individually and in his capacity as President of FHTM), Jeff Orberson (individually and in his capacity as Chief Operating Officer of FHTM), and Thomas A. Mills (individually and in his capacity as Vice-President and Chief Executive Officer of FHTM) (collectively “FHTM”). Isaacs counterclaim claim Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Breach of Contract, Common Law Fraud, Unfair & Deceptive Business Practices, Failure to Register Securities, Fraudulent Practices Regarding the Sale of Securities, Civil Racketeering Conspiracy (violation of the Federal RICO statutes) and Defamation.

FHTM operates an unlawful product-based endless recruiting pyramid scheme that relies on untrue and misleading representations and unlawful, unfair, and fraudulent business practices. While FHTM purports to be in the business of selling name-brand services like wireless, satellite television, home security, vitamins, nutritional products and travel services, its true business is using consumers to generate fee income for representing non-existent partnerships, major sports figures, and prominent businessmen. To entice consumers to participate, FHTM makes untrue or misleading claims regarding its relationship with Fortune 100 companies like Verizon Wireless, GE Security, Dish Networks and Travelocity to create the illusion that consumers can become millionaires in three to five years.

FHTM’s growth exploded when it began to lure consumers disenchanted with traditional jobs and the recession that began in 2007 to inspirational and high-pressure business opportunity seminars touting an innovative business model that promises huge financial rewards through multi-level network marketing. FHTM erring presenters claim to have proprietary tools, special relationships, and other support that allow consumers to grow their own business by partnering with FHTM’s “companies”.

It would not be long before Isaacs (and the world) made several troubling discoveries about FHTM’s business plan and practices that doused his enthusiasm: (1) Paul Orberson had not made any special arrangements with the companies mentioned at the business opportunity/presentation seminar or in the company produced videos; (2) the only way to earn a significant income and be promoted up the ranks was to recruit additional IRs; (3) FHTM had not received regulatory approval for its pyramiding scheme in every state; (4) only a handful of IRs had earned anywhere near the residuals projected; (5) the prominent businessmen, politicians, former attorney generals and sports figures to whom FHTM constantly alluded were in fact IRs actively promoting their own FHTM business; and (6) a growing number of state attorneys general had already begun investigating FHTM in response to numerous complaints.

It turns out that FHTM’s ‘innovative’ marketing plan is nothing more than a face lift to an age-old scheme. According to the FTC’s Consumer Protection Bureau:

Pyramid schemes now come in so many forms that they may be difficult to recognize immediately. However, they all share one overriding characteristic. They promise consumers or investors large profits based primarily on recruiting others to join their program, not based on profits from any real investment or real sale of goods to the public. Some schemes may purport to sell a product, but they often simply use the product to hide their pyramid structure. There are two tell-tale signs that a product is simply being used to disguise a pyramid scheme: inventory loading and a lack of retail sales. Inventory loading occurs when a company's incentive program forces recruits to buy more products than they could ever sell, often at inflated prices. If this occurs throughout the company's distribution system, the people at the top of the pyramid reap substantial profits, even though little or no product moves to market. The people at the bottom make excessive payments for inventory that simply accumulates in their basements. A lack of retail sales is also a red flag that a pyramid exists. Many pyramid schemes will claim that their product is selling like hot cakes. However, on closer examination, the sales occur only between people inside the pyramid structure or to new recruits joining the structure, not to consumers out in the general public.

Nonetheless, the truth is catching up with FHTM. On December 10, 2009, The North Dakota Attorney General's Office filed a Cease and Desist Order for violation of the Consumer Fraud Law, the Transient Merchant Law, the Home Solicitation Sales Law, and the North Dakota Pyramid Schemes Act. On January 19, 2010, FHTM entered into a Assurance of Voluntary Compliance with the North Dakota Attorney General's Office. On March 16, 2010, the Montana State Auditor's Office filed a Temporary Cease and Desist Order against FHTM, Paul C. Orberson, Thomas A. Mills, and Dianne Graber (a Montana IR). According to the Montana State Auditor's Office, FHTM has engaged in acts or practices constituting violations of the Securities Act of Montana, Montana Code ANN.30-10-101 et seq. On April 22, 2010, FHTM agreed to pay nearly $1 million and to change its business practices to resolve the charge that it is operating a pyramid promotional scheme.

With each passing day, more states are jumping on FHTM’s bandwagon. The alarming rise in consumer complaints and governmental sanctions has prompted the Better Business Bureau of Central and Eastern Kentucky to downgrade FHTM’s rating from “B-” to “F”. At the same time, a proliferation of online bulletin boards and blogs, such as https://www.complaintsboard.com and www.scams.com criticize FHTM’s pyramid scheme confirms that Isaacs’ experience is not unique. Will those operations be the next target of Fortune’s high price legal team?

• Ti
      19th of Oct, 2010

WHAT A RIPOFF...I ORDERED GAME LOUNGE. TODAY, WE TRIED TO PLAY TEN PIN BOWLING TWICE...THE FIRST TIME WE WERE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE GAME AND RECIEVE OUR END SCORES...THE SECOND TIME, THE GAME ENDED BEFORE WE WERE FINISHED...NO END SCORES...AND LAST NIGHT WE PLAYED ABOUT FOUR OR FIVE GAMES AND ONLY TWO GAMES GAVE US OUR FINAL SCORES BEFORE THE PROBLEMS STARTED..I CALLED TECNICAL SUPPORT AND THEY HAD US RESET THE DIRECT T.V. BOX, TO NO AVAIL...THEY DID NOT KNOW WHY THIS WAS HAPPINING AND SUGGESTED I EMAIL DIRECT T.V. WITH THIS PROBLEM...TODAY I CALLED AND THEY JUST ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO CANCEL. I GUESS I WILL CANCEL IF I CAN'T GET ANY ANSWERS AND REMEDIES FOR THIS PROBLEM...WE REALLY ENJOY THE GAME WHEN IT'S WORKING, BUT IF THIS PROBLEM CAN'T BE SOLVED, I GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO CANCEL AND SAVE OUR MONEY...TEN PIN BOWLING IS THE ONLY GAME WE PLAY BUT IT REVERTS BACK TO THE GAME LOUNGE BEFORE WE CAN FINISH AND GET OUR END SCORES

• Ro
      21st of Mar, 2011

we had to reboot the reciver for directv and when we did we lost over 20, 000 tokens and got set back 3 levels..this should not be happening...our e-mail adress is painters03887@netzero.com our username for game lounge is painters03887 the pin # is 1234 we would like to find out whats happening very soon or we might have to cancel game lounge forever...YOU know how long it takes to get aBIG pile of tokens and to get to bigger levels on game lounge...thank you

• Ro
      21st of Mar, 2011

we had to reboot the reciever box in the middle of a game. when we got back on we had lost over 20, 000 tokens and went from level 16 to 13...where did our tokens go?? i know that you know how long it takes to build up tokens and levels...a quick response would be very nice. we do not want to have game lounge shut off for someones carelessness... our user name on the lounge is painters03887 pin# is 1234

• Ta
      8th of Jul, 2011

I am paying extra to be able to play the games on game lounge with Directv. Specifically for the game SkipBo.
    But the problem I am having is the fact that the other "players" (really Directv computer) don't play the game right. The other "players" always lay down a card the next "player" needs and that player is able to get rid of "his" discard pile within 2-3 turns.
    I have no problem loosing a game when it is played right but when I loose almost each and every time for the past 2 weeks there is a problem!
    Also the leaderboard seems to have the same winners each month. And I have sent email after email to the game lounge but not one person has replied back to me.
    I am not pay the extra money to loose all the time. The computer needs to be fixed and I need to be given a chance to win!
    Also I had about 40, 000 tokens but because when I signed in a couple weeks ago I had 20, 000 points! That is not right and it is not how you run a business. I want someone ...A LIVE PERSON to contact me I am sick of not getting any answers!

• Bo
      30th of Jul, 2011

ON GAME LOUNGE I HAVE BEEN PLAYING SKIP BO FOR 3MONTHS
    AND I STILL HAVE NOT WON A GAME. I THINK THIS IS VERY UNFAIR TO PLAYER ONE. AFTER ALL I AM PLAYING AGAINST COMPUTERS AND PAYING FOR THE SERVICES AND STILL CANT NEVER WIN . I THINK THE SERVICES ON THE GAME LOUNGE IS VERY POOR AND UNFAIR

• Rf
      30th of Dec, 2011

Been having trouble with my game louge game mahjang since october. Have called numerous times. Can not get problem resolved. Very dissatisfied with service. Will be canceling if not resolved. Recent incident was 12/28/2011 game freezes and reboots my entire system. It will not let me pass level 16. If you look at my account you can see the numerous times i have called. Service ends Jan 12th. I will be canceling my service if not corrected. Would appreciate someone letting me know if it can be resolved. My name is Richard L. Fuller Sr. I live at 2900 sand road in edwardsville Il 62025