Direct TV / stealing money out of my bank acct.

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Just like thousands of people out there, directv did a ream job on me. We were assess $463 for early cancellation fee, even though we were with them for more than 5 years. It came down to when their product the box broke last dec. and ask for a replacement. When we cancelled last March '08 they said we owe $463 for early cancellation, we complaint to probably no less than 20 customer service/supervisors, and letters mailed, but only got crap from them and no response to the letters. So I decided to e-mail the board of directors and some ladies name you suppose to complain too. Within an hour I got an acct. management person willing to work with my complaint (or so you think). He comes back after some couple of hours (or lunch) and said that it is within their rights to steal the money out my bank even though I'm not on the contract/acct. So $463 and multiple bank fees later and to this day I'm negative almost $800.

Here are the e-mail address to the board of directors:

chase.carey@directv.com
bruce.churchill@directv.com
patrick.doyle@directv.com

Please can everyone bombard them with your complaints and if it helps somebody out there I would feel a little better.

Ar

Comments

• Mo
      17th of Sep, 2008

Yes, they got me for Over $800, made my house payment bounce...
    Oh and they did so on an expired Bank account AFTER our service contract was up for two months, extended the contract without our express permission, and CHARGED for the receivers AGAIN!