Direct TV / warning - credit/atm card use

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-347-3288

I normally use my online banking to pay for my directv satelitte bill each month. There were a couple of occasions that I paid using their online payment system and I used my bank atm card. On that one occasion I used my bank atm card directv stored the information in their system. I called directv to cancel my service. Representative said that service would disconnect on that day and I would be sent a bill. Days later I found out that there was a charge on my atm card. If you are a directv subscriber and you are doing business with them using a credit card or atm card beware! You providing them with your card information authorizes them to debit/charge your account with any fees you owe when you terminate and they are under no obligation to give you a heads up when they do it. I found out because I checked my account balance. I am staying with my online banking payment system in the future.

Comments

• Cr
      14th of Jun, 2010

I called to cancel my directv service because my new landlord does not allow it. They do not want the drilling and wires that come with installation at the new home. The customer service girl was so rude. Then the supervisor that came on was horribly rude as well. When they wouldnt wave the cancellation fee...I asked to lower it and I would pay it right then and there...They refused and told me that they were taking $300 out of my account. I said that "I do not give my permission for this." They said "tough" and proceeded to laugh at me while I was still on the phone. I have no clue what to do? Can you cancel the credit card? Would that work?