Direct TV / lies, questionable billing, no customer service

Phone: 800-531-5000

Consumer beware!
Direct TV at no point in the painful 6 months I had an account with them, ever delivered on any of the promotional rebates or promises. I paid the higher pricepoint of $59.99 instead of the agreed to $29.99 post receipt of a mailed rebate that was to arrive in my monthly billing statements. I NEVER RECEIVED ONE MONTHLY BILL TO MY HOME--with no explanation except that Direct TV could not control the US Mail service! Seems very strange-- All my other bills arrived each and every month without fail! So I paid each month a higher bill--post calling Direct TV to state my dissatisfaction and ask why this was still not resloved. I was assured it was noted in my account. I then moved to a home that I knew would not have line of sight, so I had to cancel my contract, I called the resolution department to receive the final bill amount with the penalty fee--I was told it would be $12.50 per month plus my final bill--The penalty was $150 and my final bill that was $7.01--I authorized a debit from my account for that amount. I then received notice of a problem and found that they had debited $351.69 causing $136 in o/d charges. I called them immeadiately and was told that all my statements were indeed true, they verified it all . The statements concerning the various issues were in my record for sure, I was told an incorrect amount by their authorized company rep in the resolution department, and it was then my problem. There would be no refunds or reversals, they could charge me, and every other Direct TV customer-- any amount they wanted with the banking infomation on file! SInce this is required from all customers. I could write a letter to their billing dispute office in Colorado. period. Now what are the chances that that department being any more competent than every other aspect of this scam of a company? I have filed with all the various agencies in an attempt to resolve this, and warn others to be very careful, and from what I have found online, this is certainly not an isolated incident, with any of the problems, and company practices.

Comments

• Jp
      30th of May, 2008

Direct TV is full of crooks that try to take a couple hundred dollars from their customers, overlooking the fact that everyone they rip off will never want Direct TV again. This is a horrible business. By not charging people, when they probably shouldn't be charging them in the first place, so many more people would not hate them!