Direct TV / direct tv customer service sucks!

Direct TV is a mismanaged, horribly run company. If anyone is to search there are hundreds of complains logging the same infractions done by direct TV. Apparently, no one at Direct TV is bothering to take the complains seriously enough to make changes.

For the first month of service we have lost signal 4 times and for days at a time until a service tech as available. They mis-keyed the amount of the check to cover the balance and did nothing to rectify the situation. The original price we were quoted was not what was reflected in our monthly statement. What they do not tell you is that you have to apply for a rebate that takes months to reflect in your bill. This is unethical business practice and would not be tolerated in any other serious business. If direct TV is interested in keeping customers, as well as, obtaining new customers they would be wise to listen to the numerous complaints.

Beware of Direct TV...

Ju

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2008

The most horrible company I have ever deal with and share your feelings...I wanted to upgrade to the new HD programming and was told I needed to buy a new HD receiver..I had an older one, an HD also but was limited to a small amount of HD channels..I asked them if that was all I needed to upgrade and they said I needed a new dish... the dish is free of course but the receiver cost $300...so I bought it, set up an appt for dish install and waited... the installers came, told me that the new dish was twice the size of the old one and that I needed a full 360' line of sight.. so they wouldn't install it.. I canceled the service and immediately was locked out of my on line account... I was responsible for additional fees of course, for early termination, balance of current bill... but instead of sending me an e-mail advising that I had a bill due, they just took it, auto withdraw from my account without telling me they were doing it.. I know it says they have the right to be paid for any obligations, but at least advise me your taking money from me....I had check bounce against my account because I didn't know about it...Today I go into my bank acct and notice another huge withdraw for DTV... this is now a month since i left them... i called and they said i never returned the receiver which is leased... and that I should have received a return kit in the mail... never did.. so they went into my bank acct and took the money again without notice putting me in a position where checks may bounce again... If your thinking about direct TV... STOP and think twice... they are ###... by the way, info given to me by the installers was not accurate and all this occurred because they were too lazy to do the install... its cost me about $900 to be free and clear from them... NEVER AGAIN...

• Er
      16th of Jan, 2014

direct tv customer service sucks they want to charge me to fix their signal strength problem. i have been a loyal cuatomer for 11 years.. i guess that makes me a real sucker in thier eyes. no more i'm done with them.