Direct TV / ruined credit!

Phone: 1-800-494-4388

I had a account with Direct TV but due to the poor customer service I canceled my account > I paid my last bill in full my contract was over so everything should have been over - until I started receiving phone call for a Brenda Gomez and a Brenda Longoria from collection agencies . I noticed I had 2 alerts on my credit report and they were from 2 different collection agencies .Direct TV had placed a Brenda Gomez and a Brenda Longoria in collections with my SS# and Address and Phone#--For months I have been trying to get this issues resolved with no luck-I have disputed this with the 3 credit reporting agencies to no avail because as long as the collection agency has my SS# then it must be mine-I called the collection agency to dispute the issue and they will not talk to me since my name is not Brenda Gomez or Brenda Longoria even though my SS# is the same they tell me to contact Direct TV-I called Direct TV and its the same story they cannot talk to me since my name is not Brenda Gomez-so I called back and said my name was Brenda Gomez they asked for my phone number I gave it to them and they said that that name did not match the phone # so I gave them my real name Brenda Smith and they told me that my account is in good standing with them ,and they could not talk to me concerning Brenda Gomez's account even though Direct TV turned this person over to a collection agency with all my information and it has appeared on my credit report, they said to call the collection agency-I have been going back and forth with Direct TV -CBC National Collections-Trans Union-Equifax and Experian and I have not found 1 person in any of these companies that knew what they where doing- Thanks to the ignorance on Direct TV's behalf I now am hounded all hours of the night by collections and my credit score has dropped .THANKS DIRECT TV-Be very careful before you provide Direct TV with any of your personal information and always check your credit report if you ever had dealings with Direct TV-

Comments

• Fw
      13th of Mar, 2008

You can sue Direct over erroneous information being provided to the credit bureaus.

• Mb
      21st of Apr, 2009

DirecTV has sent a bill to the collection agency, they are claiming I terminated the contract early. I terminated the contract with DirecTV for poor service excessive billing and the most pathetic programming in the business.

But the most glaring offense being that you're charged a premium for watching public TV.

They did place a claim on my credit report which I had removed because I could provide proof that I had paid the bill through the bundled service at Qwest.

I would encourage everyone to write your congressmen and senators about DirecTV and their abuses. Just check on the web there are thousands of complaints against DirecTV. As long as I can keep their phony claims off my credit report, I'll continue on answering the occasional phone call from the collection agency and enjoy a few moments of delivering verbal abuse to the caller before I hang up.