Direct TV / unauthorized withdrawal from banking account

United States Review updated:
I just got off the phone with three "managers", Jesus, Employee # [protected], Rene, Employee # 10033503 and one other incompetent customer service employee. O'yeah Javier is supposed to call me back within 20hrs. Right! $475 dollars was withdrawn from my banking account for receivers that had not been returned to them and a balance due on my account,even though the boxes came to my house about 24 hours before the withdrawal out of my account. Every manager I spoke to kept me on hold while they took their time looking in their dialogue index for "wants their money back". I was given the same answer, it's in the policy and you agreed to this when you signed up. Agreed for them to take out as much money as they see fit without any notice! I don't think so. I asked for their permission to record our conversations and did. I am now in the process of talking to my lawyer, filing a claim with the BBB, my local attorney general, as well as the Federal Trade Commission. Their practice is unethical and should be against the law. I encourage all of you that have had similar situations with this company to file a complaint with your local attorney general, the Federal Trade Commission as well as the BBB.

Comments

Li
  21st of Mar, 2008
My situation mirrors yours almsot to the penny.
This is a travesty.
I can't believe it's not criminal.
I can't believe I've been raped for $475 dollars for horrible customer/technician service, deceptive practices, misinformation...or just plainly uninformed cancellation policies (or scams as I see it)
A very, very expensive lesson learned, one I truly could not afford.
I have contact ed the BBB and my Attorney General, what good that will do, I'm sure is nill.

Good luck!
Mo
  18th of Sep, 2008
$840 here, exact same issue. They sent the shipping box, we took an extra week to get things ready to ship back, then BAM! $800 GONE from the account.

Called them immediately, They gave the same spiel... We had a ONE YEAR contract, One receiver went bad near the end of that contract, so they sent a replacement. They didn't say a WORD or even send any paperwork about a renewal of contract...

They do this all the time, then whammy you for a ton of money just because they think they can. And even as an UNAUTHORIZED withdrawal from your account.

THis happened to us just YESTERDAY. Needless to say we filed for this at our bank, and will most likely be getting into contact with the same organizations you are referring to.
So
  7th of Jan, 2009
Just to let you know, when there are two key things that you sign away when you sign the customer lease agreement when you first have your directv installed. First is that you sign that you will not take directv to court for any reason what so ever, so your case wont stand up very well in court when you signed that you will not take directv to court. Second you also sign that directv has the right to automatically withdrawal any funds owed to directv using the credit card or bank information they have on file with or without your consent at the time because sigining the agreement you are giving consent for any time that you owe money.
Gr
  29th of Mar, 2009
Directv tech or whatever he was did not provide service as requested and I called to cancel and complain about the damage in my attic and the shortcuts he took to install and no service for another TV in my home.
I called Dish Network to help and of course they did. When I went on-line to pay bills there was a deduction for $1, 094.10 from Directv. This was an unauthorized deduction from my checking/credit card account. I called immediately and was treated like as if I had commented this crime. I told them I wanted to speak to the highest official for Directv, still the same attitude - I asked for the President of Directv name & ph# and was told they don't know. I informed them, this company will NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS CRIME AGAINST Consumers.
I called the Texas General Attorney's Office and I guess I will need some more help without Expensive Lawyers. We Need to be protected from the major company's fraud and nothing was signed to approve this or any withdrawals except for $26.00 for hardware installment and this was done over the phone with customer service. Can anyone help me this unlawful action?
In
  1st of Oct, 2010
I've been a Direct Tv customer since 2006, switched over to comcast 8/10. Paid the final bill sent their receivers back. While checking my account statement 10/1/10 I noticed a withdrawal for 100.00 from direct Tv stating I didnt pay for PPV's in 2007? Are you serious? When I contacted them they were unwilling to remove charge, I assured them they've been paid. I've always paid my bills on time. I am disputing the charge with my bank. Also I advised them to remove my credit information from their system. I chose paper billing, they never sent a me paper bill to support the 100.00, coincidence? I think not. It's like their pissed that I left them for comcast. They will never be referred by me. I will send reports to anyone who listens. I also stated I would take them to small claims court. I read somewhere that we signed off on that ability to sue. I mean how can I go back and research statements from 2007 to prove that I paid, when i mostly paid online. I will sign on to any class action suits!!! LEt's stop this madness and rape of big companies!!!

DirecTV Logo DirecTV