Direct TV / early termination

So I am another of the DirecTv customers currently having trouble. I just moved to a new apartment and I brought my DirecTv from my last apartment. I had gotten it 8 months ago because where I moved to in rural TN, no company ran cable down my street and satellite was my only option. I'd been stuck with dial up as well. Anyways, I moved to my new quadplex, got the directv installed, and when I tried to go with another company to get cable internet (finally) they told me they couldn't because DirecTv took the only direct line in to my apartment and plugged their wires into this other companies box. My landlord won't allow the internet company to drill a new hole in to the side of the apartment, directv won't come out and change the wiring unless I pay them because they say it's a "special installment" and there's nothing wrong with my service so they don't have to do anything. Now I have been told by people that because I can't get the internet service I want because of DirecTv, I should be able to cancel DirecTv and avoid the early termination fee. I have been through the terms and conditions online and I can't find anything to that affect anywhere. And I can't check my original contract because I was never sent one (according to them they had my address wrong which I didn't find out until they disconnected my service for non payment - they were sending my bill to the wrong address too). Anyways, has anyone else been through this? Any ideas?

Comments