Direct TV / direct tv has poor customer service for existing customers and does not try to improve relationships with customers

I signed with direct tv for a year because of their hd promotion. However, when I upgraded with a dvr they added on another year of obligated payments without my consent or knowledge. Read the contact carefully because the sales staff is not honest. When I realized what happened I called direct tv. I was asked to call several different numbers by different customer service agents before someone could help me. After reaching a person who would talk to me I was told "sorry but we can't help you". I have had very poor service with direct tv. Sometimes it is difficult to get ahold of a person. When i've accepted a promotion direct tv has offered i've experienced problems working out my bill when the promotion is over. It usually takes several phone calls with long wait times to reverse charges. I am often given incorrect information from a well meaning customer service agent which also leads to more phone calls. I am disappointed that direct tv has poor customer service for existing customers and does not try to improve relationships with customers.

Vo

Comments

• Ac
      10th of Feb, 2010

I signed up with Direct tv to save money per month because it was cheaper than cable. I just paid 186.00 to cancel my service because I would rather pay that fee than keep dealing with them. 1st when I got service they asked for my credit card to to secure the cable boxes, and I told them okay but I do not want my card to be on any auto payment for the monthly bill. When I got my first bill there was a 0 balance due. I called and asked why they put my card on the auto pay and i was told that was how they gave customers the 23 dollar a month credit return per month on the 1st years of a service agreement. I was never told that you have to be on auto bill pay to get that or I wouldnt have used direct tv. 2nd I had to move in with my mother for 6 months after my job changed. I saw an ad on tv that said call before you moved and get 3 months free of hbo and showtime if you call before you move which i did. when the tech got to my moms home to hook up everything he saw that she already had a dish and wanted to know if it was alright to use her dish so he didnt have to put another dish on the home, i said yes. he called customer service and they had to asked me if that is what i wanted. after he left i found out i dont have hbo or showtime, so i called direct tv. they told me because i didnt get the dish that changed the type of service i was getting that day and it void out the hbo and showtime 3 months free, and they couldnt do anything about it. 6 months later i moved, and the apt i stay at will not let any outside vendors other than who they use provide service, so i called and cancelled my service, i asked if there was a cancellation fee and was told no. then i get the bill for 186.00 i called and was told they couldnt do anything to help me. I called back and acted like a new customer and asked if i need to end my service agreement before two years is up how much will they charge and the girl said 20.00 and her to repeat that, and she said only 20.00 because why should i have to pay if i cant use the service at my new apt. she didnt know i was recording what she said. I called back to direct tv and spoke to a billing specialist and he told me the girl was wrong, I also told him about the dish on my mothers home and that there was nothing they could do and he told me that because i wasnt on service for 1 year i couldnt get the moving deal. I told him that he was wrong the reason I couldnt get the deal is because i didnt let the tech put a 2nd dish on the home and it caused my service for the day to be changed. I could go on and on but someone with some power really needs to do something about this. I feel bad for our grandparents or older people who are getting a bad deal.