Direct TV / cancellation issues

PO BOX 11732
Phone: 1-800-531-5000
My wife and I called to cancel our direct tv account. We called in may and now in june we are getting past due bills. When we called about these bills, we were told, first-that our account was cancelled and they did not understand why we were getting bills. They gave us to another department where a jerk by the name of benjamin informed us that because of a disagreement with my wife when she called in may, that our cancellation was not complete and that now we owe $117.00. After going rounds with benjamin he turned us over to robin, who was at least a little calmer about the situation. Robin proceeded to try to explain to us why one of their employees told us that our account was closed and yet another told us that we owe them money. Well to say the least i'm pissed with the whole thing and want to warn anyone who uses them to really cross your t's and dot your i's when cancelling their services. Sincerely unhappy.

D  31st of Jan, 2014 by
Elhadji Moussa Kante Cellphone 812-272-8084
933 S Persimmon Tree Circle
Bloomington IN 47403

On January 10, 2014, I spoke with customer agent about television service. After that she explained everything about Tv plans, I asked her if I can have a plan without contract. She said that this is not a contract and you can switch up any time you want. After getting their service I called customer service few days after and found that I am under contract. Everything she said about TV plans was lie. According to her the monthly bill is $67.00 includes AT&T bill. I was so surprise that I asked the customer service to cancel the service and they want to bill me for cancellation fees by their own fault. I don't think that this is right way to treat a new customer.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV