Direct TV / incorrect billing, horrible customer service, flat out disrespect and lies

From start to end this was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company. Long story short, every bill was incorrect and we had to call in and hassle with them for hours to get it fixed. Our equipment was faulty and it took nearly a month and 5-6 tries to get the correct (And original) equipment model we had. We were hung up on multiple times. We were told even though their equipment gave out, if we wanted that same model (Or even one equivalent) that we would just have to go purchase one from somewhere like best buy. We filed complaints with the bbb, the ag in denver (Their headquarters) , and my wife did with some other business agency. Overall, I would say we probably spent roughly 24-30 hours on the phone with these people. They either have no sense of business, or are complete ###s. Even the supervisors basically had the "well that's just tough luck attitude". The final straw was when they missed a scheduled move of equipment date (As we bought a new house) and "could not get a hold of their contractors to see where they were because they didn't have their telephone number, only their e-mail address". They then told us we would have to wait for the next available install date, which was 2 weeks out, and we would still have to pay for service because until the equipment was transferred, we still had service at our old residence (Which we no longer had access to as it was sold). We then canceled our service because we had finally had enough. They charged us the cancellation fee without notification (We knew we would have to pay one, but didn't know when) and caused our books to be off and go negative. We now are getting a lawyer involved just to show them how much of a pain they were to us. This company is the worst experience I ever had in the business world. Do not use this service, consider yourself warned.

Sort by: Date | UpRating

Comments

• Ro
      20th of May, 2009

Hi I just got off the phone with direcr tv .I to have same problem the bill varies month to month calls go on deaf ears .I call fortroubled with hd (when ever its cloudy or raining theres no picture) when i explain it to them they just say if i want a tech there will be a 50 dollar chage, I respond that i've been calling since the install .They reply well it will be 50 dollars or i could by insurance for 5.95 a month. Then they have the nerve to say what else can I help you with..People dont get involved with direct tv its a mightmre.

• Ra
      1st of Jun, 2009

I called the technician to fix the antenna from the Deck to the roof.
    First they kept on giving me ideas that what if the roof starts leaking. I said it will be Direct TV who will repair the roof.

Our community does not allow antennas on the deck because of the view of the community. These people (Trust me horrible people) dont want to go on the roof to fix the same.

Technician parked his Direct TV Van on the driveway (right in the middle of the driveway) I had to go out for some work and i asked him to get his car on the driveway. rather than putting it perpendicular to the driveway. The stupid person started asking me why do I need to remove the car. how much time will i need to get the car out of the driveway. I lost my temper and asked him to get out of my property.

At last he agreed to do the same and still had issues saying what if i pull down the ladder and scratches my car. All sorts of issues that person had in life and would never do things the first time right. Totally unprofessional guys and dont know how to talk.

Ultimately he put two big antennas on our Bumped out roof and our sky visiion is blocked from the kitchen. To TOP it off, the antennas are now blocking the view from out master bedroom!

Totally unprofessional guys and dont use common sense. I was much happy with the Cable network.

They dont want to go to the top of the roof for whatever reason. Asks 100 dollars every visit. Asks me to pay 5 dollars per month for taking insurance!!!
    God such insane people who cant have minimum expectations fulfilled