Direct TV / cancelation fees

United States Review updated:
You guys need to know this. I had Directv for two days, we canceled because it wasn't what was represented when we subscribed. They told us to send the receivers back and we wouldn't be charged. Then they charged us a $450 cancellation charge. After arguing with them on the phone and getting no where I filled a claim against them in small claims court. I signed a settlement agreement with a non disclosure clause but it made it well worth the time and effort to file. Don't let them screw you fight back, its the only way we will keep them from doing this to others.

A  3rd of Nov, 2009 by
I Robert Cashman also I'm having problems with Directv. I canceled them because I was having problems with no picture or freezing-up. I called them and because of the reciever I had was so old that they told me I would have to upgrade to get the picture or they would have to send out a repair man and I would be charged 75.00 and up, but my reciever was outdated and if I would paid a $5.oo repair fee each month I would'nt have this problem.???? So I upgraded it, now I have been with them 15yrs, I still had the problem with the picture freezing-up and not having a picture. So I canceled them and now I got a bill for $190.01 for early cancelation on New customer update, I am not a New CUSTOMER. I wrote to Customer disbuting service an asked for an Itemize bill on these charges and they have not givien me anything, also they would charge me on not returning this reciever. I asked them to send me a box so I would'nt be charged and it still is not sent and now They sent me to the Collecions Department. I will be fighting this BILL!!! They wrote be back and said that we have been charged a prorated early cancellation fee to my account. I have been charged ONLY a prorated portion of that total fee. And they wrote Sincerely (NO Name to direct this to) Directv Customer Service. I sented them a Partial Month Fee of $23.39. They have not said they recieved that...I am fighting mad and I will not stop on Direct Tv. They owe me money...NOV. 2, 2009

DirecTV Logo DirecTV