Direct TV / fees
We were fed up with ridiculous cable prices and started looking into Direct TV. We asked in advance about cancellation fees and what happens if we move (they told us we have to bring the dish and boxes with us and have them reinstalled at our new home...the contract must continue for 2 years). Ok. Well, to us it was worth the reduction in price (went from a $90/month cable fee to $40/month DIrect TV).
We don't have our box hooked up to a phone line so we need to call in our OnDemand orders or do them online. When we first signed up...we could just go online and download a movie to our DVR. NOW...they require you to buy an $80 internet box so you can download movies via the internet. Ok...so I thought I will just call them. There is now a TRANSACTION FEE to download via the phone. As if that isn't bad enough...there is also now a FEE to talk to a representative! ...and get this, it is a $1.50 fee to talk to the AUTOMATED system and a $5 FEE to talk with a live person!!!
I am FURIOUS!!! I can't imagine how this company is still in business with all these poor business practices. This is the most fraudulent company I have ever dealt with.
I wish I stuck with cable...
I hope this helps some other poor schmuck who is considering switching due to price...because in the end, DIRECT TV COSTS MORE THAN CABLE.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Unable to fast forward through ads
- DirecTV - Customer Service Department and billing
- DirecTV and AT&T - unauthorized charges 
- DirecTV - the new format for taping and watching taped programs 
- DirecTV - satellite dish